Samsung Galaxy S5 Metal Variant aka Galaxy F Tipped to Debut in May: Report
By Rohit KVN | February 28, 2014 4:55 PM EST
During the lead up to the Galaxy S5 unveiling, numerous rumors indicated that the phone would come in metal body, which never fructified. Now, a report has surfaced online that Samsung is indeed planning to launch a premium model with a brand new Galaxy series later this year.
A new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone is displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
South Korean publications, ETNews has claimed that Samsung had been working on the tentatively titled 'Project F' along with Galaxy S5 for over a year now. It plans to develop the premium metal smartphone and is said to launch with a moniker Galaxy F later this year.
Besides boasting a metal-body, Galaxy F will reportedly boast QHD (aka 2K) 2560x1440p display and a 16.0-megapixel main camera with OIS (Optical Image Stabilization), said the website without delving into other expected key specifications, leaving fans in tenterhooks.
If rumors are to be believed, Galaxy F is most likely to house the Samsung's yet-to-be announced 'Exynos Infinity' chipset, which is said to be based on 64-bit architecture and feature a minimum 3GB RAM, since Galaxy Note 3 already boasts same physical memory.
Considering it has said that the work on Galaxy F was in progress for over a year now, questions are being raised on why it did not launch along with Galaxy S5.
However, a tech enthusiast Ricciolo has answered the query. He said that Samsung is waiting for rival HTC to release the company's 2014 marquee phone codenamed M8 in April to the market and then launch Galaxy S5 metal variant in May.
"Due to M8 shipping in April, you will see the LUXURY S5 version with metal+exy+better screen in about 2 months from now on... ;)", he tweeted.
Even the popular tech blogger, Eldar Murtazin, credited for accurately predicting two Galaxy S device launches, concurred (via Twitter) that Galaxy S5 expensive model is certain to make a debut, while replying to a follower.
The new revelation is sure to cheer Samsung fans, but until the company comes to the media to clear the air about the rumors, the report remains as speculations only.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- China Military PLA Drills Affect Flights, Hundreds Cancelled
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: EU Feared Won't Ever Enforce Sanctions on Russia; All Talk, No Force
- U.S. Flights to Israel Now Lifted, Flights To and From Tel Aviv Resume – FAA
- Reserve Bank of New Zealand Raises Interest Rates Due to 'Unsustainable' Kiwi
- Embattled Malaysia Airlines Could Run Out of Cash 2015; Diverts Plane Over Another War Zone After MH17 Crash
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon