Samsung Galaxy S5 Metal Variant aka Galaxy F Tipped to Debut in May: Report
By Rohit KVN | February 28, 2014 4:55 PM EST
During the lead up to the Galaxy S5 unveiling, numerous rumors indicated that the phone would come in metal body, which never fructified. Now, a report has surfaced online that Samsung is indeed planning to launch a premium model with a brand new Galaxy series later this year.
A new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone is displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
South Korean publications, ETNews has claimed that Samsung had been working on the tentatively titled 'Project F' along with Galaxy S5 for over a year now. It plans to develop the premium metal smartphone and is said to launch with a moniker Galaxy F later this year.
Besides boasting a metal-body, Galaxy F will reportedly boast QHD (aka 2K) 2560x1440p display and a 16.0-megapixel main camera with OIS (Optical Image Stabilization), said the website without delving into other expected key specifications, leaving fans in tenterhooks.
If rumors are to be believed, Galaxy F is most likely to house the Samsung's yet-to-be announced 'Exynos Infinity' chipset, which is said to be based on 64-bit architecture and feature a minimum 3GB RAM, since Galaxy Note 3 already boasts same physical memory.
Considering it has said that the work on Galaxy F was in progress for over a year now, questions are being raised on why it did not launch along with Galaxy S5.
However, a tech enthusiast Ricciolo has answered the query. He said that Samsung is waiting for rival HTC to release the company's 2014 marquee phone codenamed M8 in April to the market and then launch Galaxy S5 metal variant in May.
"Due to M8 shipping in April, you will see the LUXURY S5 version with metal+exy+better screen in about 2 months from now on... ;)", he tweeted.
Even the popular tech blogger, Eldar Murtazin, credited for accurately predicting two Galaxy S device launches, concurred (via Twitter) that Galaxy S5 expensive model is certain to make a debut, while replying to a follower.
The new revelation is sure to cheer Samsung fans, but until the company comes to the media to clear the air about the rumors, the report remains as speculations only.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Australia's Low Birth Rate May Be Due to Low Confidence in Economy
- Fears Of Infection Spread Prompt Some US Hospitals To Refuse Ebola Patients
- Readers Slam a Book Showing That US Wealth And Power Rests on Slave Labour
- LG G Watch R To Be Available Globally Starting With Europe, North America And Asia Through Retail Sites And Play Store
- Young Teen Fighter Says ISIS Uses Drugs On Suicide Bombers To Get Them Perform The Act
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS