Whale Slaps Teenager on the Face With its Tail [VIDEO]
By Parismita Goswami | February 28, 2014 4:46 PM EST
A teen girl was whacked on her face when the world's biggest mammal hit her with its tail in a recent incident. The wet slap of the whale knocked the young girl overboard.
Whale Slaps Teenager on the Face With its Tail
The incident occurred when a group of visitors on their whale watching trip off the coast of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, experienced a close encounter with a whale. Chelsea Crawford, a nineteen-year-old girl, was one among the watchers who was trying to spot the whale, when the bony tail of the mammal hit her.
"We went whale watching on the Baja this weekend, for an excursion as a part of the Live Different Academy program and unfortunately, Chelsea got smacked in the head by a whale's tail. Luckily, she was fine and we got it on video!" Science World Report qioted Jordyn R, who also posted the video online.
The youngster from Bridgewater, N.S., was astonished after being slapped by the whale. The excited watchers on the boat viewed some grey whales splashing water around the boat. The whales came closer to the boat and the watchers started patting them. But Chelsea was disheartened as she didn't get the chance of patting any whale, reported CBC News.
"We were just about to leave when this one decided to be very playful and decided to hit me. I saw it coming but I didn't know what was happening. All I remember is that I put up my hand towards my head at the end of it because the impact was crazy", said Chelsea.
Fortunately, the youngster escaped serious injuries and suffered a few bruises on her shoulder and head according to the Mirror report.
Check out for the video here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFO Sighting in Australia: A Mysterious 'Flying' Object With Changing Colors Observed[Watch Video]
- Volcano Eruption In Iceland: Lava Erupts More Than 50 Meters High, Prompts Aviation Alert [Video]
- Stargazing: Saturn, Moon and Mars Meet Up Last August 31
- Bad Memories Can be Changed into Good Ones, Say Scientists
- Walking Fish Reveal How Our Ancestors Evolved Onto Land (Watch Video)
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans