Whale Slaps Teenager on the Face With its Tail [VIDEO]
By Parismita Goswami | February 28, 2014 4:46 PM EST
A teen girl was whacked on her face when the world's biggest mammal hit her with its tail in a recent incident. The wet slap of the whale knocked the young girl overboard.
Whale Slaps Teenager on the Face With its Tail
The incident occurred when a group of visitors on their whale watching trip off the coast of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, experienced a close encounter with a whale. Chelsea Crawford, a nineteen-year-old girl, was one among the watchers who was trying to spot the whale, when the bony tail of the mammal hit her.
"We went whale watching on the Baja this weekend, for an excursion as a part of the Live Different Academy program and unfortunately, Chelsea got smacked in the head by a whale's tail. Luckily, she was fine and we got it on video!" Science World Report qioted Jordyn R, who also posted the video online.
The youngster from Bridgewater, N.S., was astonished after being slapped by the whale. The excited watchers on the boat viewed some grey whales splashing water around the boat. The whales came closer to the boat and the watchers started patting them. But Chelsea was disheartened as she didn't get the chance of patting any whale, reported CBC News.
"We were just about to leave when this one decided to be very playful and decided to hit me. I saw it coming but I didn't know what was happening. All I remember is that I put up my hand towards my head at the end of it because the impact was crazy", said Chelsea.
Fortunately, the youngster escaped serious injuries and suffered a few bruises on her shoulder and head according to the Mirror report.
Check out for the video here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ice Bucket Challenge Toddler Scarlett-Rose Davis Who Uses F-Word Apologises - Watch Original Video
- UFO With Changing Colours Sighted By Lower Paxton Township Police In Pennsylvania
- Musician Tom DeLonge Encounters Multiple UFOs in San Diego
- New Nail Polish Changes Colour When Exposed to Date-Rape Drugs: Helps Women Safety
- A Fish That Walks; Scientists Find A Fish That Does Better On Land Than Water[Video]
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko