Sahara Head Subrata Roy Surrenders, Taken into Custody
By Vanilla Sharma | February 28, 2014 4:39 PM EST
After dodging the police for some time, head of Sahara conglomerate Subrata Roy has been taken into police custody in Lucknow.
Sahara Group Chairman Subrata Roy
He has also requested the apex court to permit him to be with his "ailing mother under house arrest till March 3, 2014."
Roy and Sahara have been accused of failing to repay billions of dollars to investors, though Sahara has claimed that it has paid back most of its investors.
The Supreme Court on Wednesday had rejected Roy's request to be excused from a court hearing as he wanted to be with his ill mother. Following his absence, the apex court had issued an arrest order on Thursday, but the police were unable to locate him.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess All Smiles In First Public Appearance, Sickness Seems Over
- Kate Middleton To Give Birth To A 'Cheerful' Baby, Duchess Not Carrying Twins---Report
- Woman Stuck In Chimney: Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa Arrested For Attempted Break-In After Rescue Team Pulls Stuck Woman Out Of Chimney
- Ebola Fears Cause Hysteria In United States And Around The World
- Naked Russian Artist Strikes Anew, Cuts Off Earlobes To Protest Return Of Soviet-Era Policies
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery