Sahara Head Subrata Roy Surrenders, Taken into Custody
By Vanilla Sharma | February 28, 2014 4:39 PM EST
After dodging the police for some time, head of Sahara conglomerate Subrata Roy has been taken into police custody in Lucknow.
Sahara Group Chairman Subrata Roy
He has also requested the apex court to permit him to be with his "ailing mother under house arrest till March 3, 2014."
Roy and Sahara have been accused of failing to repay billions of dollars to investors, though Sahara has claimed that it has paid back most of its investors.
The Supreme Court on Wednesday had rejected Roy's request to be excused from a court hearing as he wanted to be with his ill mother. Following his absence, the apex court had issued an arrest order on Thursday, but the police were unable to locate him.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Video Showing Mentally Disabled African American Shot 46 Times By Eight Police Officers For Just Holding A Penknife
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Forced To Return To Royal Engagements, Feuding With The Queen Over Royal Duties---Report
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Robbery Attempt in Sydney Bank, Armed Robbers on The Loose
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2