Sahara Head Subrata Roy Surrenders, Taken into Custody
By Vanilla Sharma | February 28, 2014 4:39 PM EST
After dodging the police for some time, head of Sahara conglomerate Subrata Roy has been taken into police custody in Lucknow.
Sahara Group Chairman Subrata Roy
He has also requested the apex court to permit him to be with his "ailing mother under house arrest till March 3, 2014."
Roy and Sahara have been accused of failing to repay billions of dollars to investors, though Sahara has claimed that it has paid back most of its investors.
The Supreme Court on Wednesday had rejected Roy's request to be excused from a court hearing as he wanted to be with his ill mother. Following his absence, the apex court had issued an arrest order on Thursday, but the police were unable to locate him.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide