Sahara Head Subrata Roy Surrenders, Taken into Custody
By Vanilla Sharma | February 28, 2014 4:39 PM EST
After dodging the police for some time, head of Sahara conglomerate Subrata Roy has been taken into police custody in Lucknow.
Sahara Group Chairman Subrata Roy
He has also requested the apex court to permit him to be with his "ailing mother under house arrest till March 3, 2014."
Roy and Sahara have been accused of failing to repay billions of dollars to investors, though Sahara has claimed that it has paid back most of its investors.
The Supreme Court on Wednesday had rejected Roy's request to be excused from a court hearing as he wanted to be with his ill mother. Following his absence, the apex court had issued an arrest order on Thursday, but the police were unable to locate him.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Has ‘Strict Style Guide,’ Expected To Wear Winter Wardrobes During Pregnancy
- Bizarre Sex Abuse: Man Licks Woman’s Foot in Canada, Runs Away With Her Shoe
- New Zealand Pre-schooler Suffers Attack For Wearing A Jewish Cap; Anti-Semitic Act Condemned
- Australia's Direct Action Policy To Increase Projected Emmisions By 2020 -- UN Report
- Canadian Soldier Dies in 'Freak Accident' at Work
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports