Why Charlotte Dawson’s Ex-Husband Scott Miller Did Not Attend Her Memorial Service
By Anne Lu | February 28, 2014 4:21 PM EST
Charlotte Dawson’s memorial service attracted hundreds of friends and fans alike, but there’s someone noticeably absent at the Beresford hotel in Surry Hills. Scott Miller, the tragic TV personality’s ex-husband, had a good reason why he skipped his ex-wife’s service on Friday.
The former Olympic swimmer was briefly married to Dawson from 1999 to 2000. Their marriage ended when CCTV footage of Miller having sex with another woman in a public bathroom and snorting drugs emerged.
He said that he was “deeply shocked” and “saddened” when news of Dawson’s death reached him. Dawson took her own life on February 22, a day after Miller’s 39th birthday.
He wasn’t at the memorial, though, and his mother Jenny Miller gave an explanation for that.
“He would be the centre of attention,” she told MailOnline. “Anyway, he’s in Melbourne doing a course.”
Jenny attended the service along with Miller’s sister Nicole Perko.
According to reports, Dawson and Miller’s failed marriage was one of the biggest triggers of her crippling depression. Her online bullies also helped exacerbate her condition.
Dawson’s funeral service was held on Thursday, and was only opened to select family and friends. Her sisters Robin Barclay and Vicky Dawson arrived in Sydney on Monday to organise her funeral, but they did not disclose details to the public.
“Nobody knows where it is or what’s happening. Those closest to her aren’t invited,” a friend who did not want to be named told the New Zealand Herald.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2