Why Charlotte Dawson’s Ex-Husband Scott Miller Did Not Attend Her Memorial Service
By Anne Lu | February 28, 2014 4:21 PM EST
Charlotte Dawson’s memorial service attracted hundreds of friends and fans alike, but there’s someone noticeably absent at the Beresford hotel in Surry Hills. Scott Miller, the tragic TV personality’s ex-husband, had a good reason why he skipped his ex-wife’s service on Friday.
The former Olympic swimmer was briefly married to Dawson from 1999 to 2000. Their marriage ended when CCTV footage of Miller having sex with another woman in a public bathroom and snorting drugs emerged.
He said that he was “deeply shocked” and “saddened” when news of Dawson’s death reached him. Dawson took her own life on February 22, a day after Miller’s 39th birthday.
He wasn’t at the memorial, though, and his mother Jenny Miller gave an explanation for that.
“He would be the centre of attention,” she told MailOnline. “Anyway, he’s in Melbourne doing a course.”
Jenny attended the service along with Miller’s sister Nicole Perko.
According to reports, Dawson and Miller’s failed marriage was one of the biggest triggers of her crippling depression. Her online bullies also helped exacerbate her condition.
Dawson’s funeral service was held on Thursday, and was only opened to select family and friends. Her sisters Robin Barclay and Vicky Dawson arrived in Sydney on Monday to organise her funeral, but they did not disclose details to the public.
“Nobody knows where it is or what’s happening. Those closest to her aren’t invited,” a friend who did not want to be named told the New Zealand Herald.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates