Why Charlotte Dawson’s Ex-Husband Scott Miller Did Not Attend Her Memorial Service
By Anne Lu | February 28, 2014 4:21 PM EST
Charlotte Dawson’s memorial service attracted hundreds of friends and fans alike, but there’s someone noticeably absent at the Beresford hotel in Surry Hills. Scott Miller, the tragic TV personality’s ex-husband, had a good reason why he skipped his ex-wife’s service on Friday.
The former Olympic swimmer was briefly married to Dawson from 1999 to 2000. Their marriage ended when CCTV footage of Miller having sex with another woman in a public bathroom and snorting drugs emerged.
He said that he was “deeply shocked” and “saddened” when news of Dawson’s death reached him. Dawson took her own life on February 22, a day after Miller’s 39th birthday.
He wasn’t at the memorial, though, and his mother Jenny Miller gave an explanation for that.
“He would be the centre of attention,” she told MailOnline. “Anyway, he’s in Melbourne doing a course.”
Jenny attended the service along with Miller’s sister Nicole Perko.
According to reports, Dawson and Miller’s failed marriage was one of the biggest triggers of her crippling depression. Her online bullies also helped exacerbate her condition.
Dawson’s funeral service was held on Thursday, and was only opened to select family and friends. Her sisters Robin Barclay and Vicky Dawson arrived in Sydney on Monday to organise her funeral, but they did not disclose details to the public.
“Nobody knows where it is or what’s happening. Those closest to her aren’t invited,” a friend who did not want to be named told the New Zealand Herald.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage