iPhone 6 Release In July To Overcome Supply Problems - Analyst
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 28, 2014 3:52 PM EST
iPhone 6 release date will be in July, according to an analyst. Cult of Mac cited Mizukho Securities Analyst Abhey Lamba saying Apple will unveil its new flagship smartphone in July or at the Worldwide Developers' Conference (WWDC). Lamba stressed the two new iPhones will be introduced this July.
iPhone 6 concept
He said more iPhone 6 models will arrive this year with varying screen sizes ranging 4.7-inch to 5.5-inch. This is a big jump from the current 4-inch screen display of iPhone 5S. Also, iPhone 6 will pack an "enhanced" touchID fingerprint sensor to accommodate new features and capabilities.
Lamba claimed the next generation of Apple TV will also be launched later this year. He said Apple will update its set-top box and make use a more modern A7 processor.
For years, Apple holds its launching event in the fall but the critical component of sapphire screen display will not be ready anytime soon. Latest reports claimed iPhone 6 release date will be in the second half of the year.
A major reason behind this is the production of sapphire screen display, which is expected to be iPhone's selling point. The production will ramp up later this year. Thus, the September timeframe is most likely to happen.
But Lamba's unnamed sources said "vendors are getting ready" for production earlier than expected. These sources are from Asia where Apple's supply and assembly lines are located.
He added an early launch window will ensure that Apple will have enough supply throughout the year, especially during Christmas season. One of the problems faced by the company from the past few years is inadequate supply of its devices.
But these rumors should be taken as a grain of salt until Apple announces its official specs and features. Meanwhile, Apple still has not disclosed the official iPhone 6 features.
It is speculated Apple's next flagship smartphone will pack a bigger screen display with the size of around 4.8- to 6-inches, faster and better A8 processor and the upcoming iOS 8. Also, several improvements may be seen on the device's fingerprint sensor and voice assistant.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Germany, Not U.S., Is The World’s Favorite Country; UK, Canada, Australia Maintain Top 10 Spots