HTC's Upcoming Smartphone May Be Named "All-New HTC One," Desire 816 and Desire 610 Launched at MWC 2014
By Judith Aparri | February 28, 2014 3:08 PM EST
HTC Corporation released a teaser which hints that its next flagship smartphone may be named "All New HTC One". The hint gave an idea that the name might be lengthier but similar to its predecessor. The new phone will be unveiled on March 25.
The YouTube video has a sound engineer who tried to explain the tech of BoomSound audio of the HTC One last year; and the enhanced quality of the sound of what it presents as "The All-New HTC One". The upcoming handset actually appeared in the video though censored so viewers do not get a glimpse of the handset.
Internally codenamed M8, the phone will follow the award-winning HTC One, codenamed M7. M8 features a metal casing design akin to its forerunner, an enhanced quad-core processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 800, a twin camera on the device' behind and a new Sense 6.0 user interface.
HTC invests on its upcoming phone to help counter a recent fall. The Taiwanese phone maker posted a quarterly loses twice in the second half of 2013. For 2014, it expects a net loss of NT$2. 1 (0.69 USD) to NT$2. 6 per share in the first quarter.
HTC Desire 816 and Desire 610
Chairwoman Cher Wang of HTC told Taiwanese media at the MWC 2014 trade show in Barcelona, expressed her conviction that her company will recover in the second quarter, when their new products will be out in the market.
While its main next generation flagship phone is yet to be revealed, consumers thought they would not hear of HTC until then. However, the Taiwanese firm unveiled two new mid-range smartphones in the Desire series at MWC 2014 - Desire 816 and 610, to keep up with the affordable phone trend, where HTC did not work on well last year, as Wang admitted.
HTC Desire 816 brings a lot of good things HTC One has to a low-cost phone. It is powered with a Snapdragon 400 1.6GHz Qualcomm processor and has a 5.5 inch 720p screen. It is packed with a 1.5GB RAM, 8GB microSD-expandable storage of up to 64GB, 13MP and 5MP rear and front-facing cameras, 2500 mAh battery and weighs 165 grams.
HTC Desire 610 on the other hand is powered by Snapdragon 400 1.2 GHz Qualcomm processor and has a 4.7-inch qHD display screen. It has a 1GB RAM, expandable internal storage of 8GB that is up to 64GB with microSD support, 8MP and 1.3MP rear and front-facing cameras and a 2040mAh battery.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast