Phoebe in Trouble: F.R.I.E.N.D.S Star Lisa Kudrow Must Asked to Pay $1.6m to Former Manager
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | February 28, 2014 2:22 PM EST
We all have loved the incredible weirdo, Phoebe Buffay-Hannigan, one of six F.R.I.E.N.D.S who continue to charm viewers all over the world even today long after the NBC sitcom ended on May 6, 2004. However, Lisa Kudrow who played the character to perfection would have never thought that the role would involve such a controversy as this. Kudrow has been asked to pay $1.6 milion to her former manager Scott Howard who used to handle her career during Friends days.
A Los Angeles jury ruled in favour of Mr Howard who had claimed that the former Golden Globe Award nominee orally promised to pay a percentage of her income when she did the sitcom. Even though Phoebe was someone who had to sing in subways to earn money to survive, Kudrow apparently had a quite different fate with finances during Friends.
Kudrow reportedly earned over a million for each episode when the sitcom eventually ended after a highly successful run for 10 years. Nobody could have guessed that neither Phoebe nor her porn star twin sister could earn that much in their entire lifetime. Kudrow, by the way, had already paid $11 million to Mr Howard in 2007 before saying goodbye to a professional relation that lasted 16 years.
Even though Kudrow acted in one of the most highly successful and critically acclaimed romantic movies of all time, P.S. I Love You, people may never be able to associate her with any other character than the eccentric friend whose unbelievable reactions in the sitcom made her one of the unforgettable characters on TV.
Here are some of the most hilarious quotes by Phoebe Buffay:
"They don't know that we know they know we know."
- "Friends: The One Where Everybody Finds Out (#5.14)" (1999)
(To Brad Pitt playing Will) "Will, just take off your shirt and tell us."
- "Friends: The One with the Rumor (#8.9)" (2001)
"I just realized something. Joker is poker with a j."
- "Friends: The One with All the Poker (#1.18)" (1995)
"Oh, okay. How it's been so long since you've had sex and wondering if they've changed it?
- "Friends: The One with Ross's New Girlfriend (#2.1)" (1995)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2