Phoebe in Trouble: F.R.I.E.N.D.S Star Lisa Kudrow Must Asked to Pay $1.6m to Former Manager
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | February 28, 2014 2:22 PM EST
We all have loved the incredible weirdo, Phoebe Buffay-Hannigan, one of six F.R.I.E.N.D.S who continue to charm viewers all over the world even today long after the NBC sitcom ended on May 6, 2004. However, Lisa Kudrow who played the character to perfection would have never thought that the role would involve such a controversy as this. Kudrow has been asked to pay $1.6 milion to her former manager Scott Howard who used to handle her career during Friends days.
A Los Angeles jury ruled in favour of Mr Howard who had claimed that the former Golden Globe Award nominee orally promised to pay a percentage of her income when she did the sitcom. Even though Phoebe was someone who had to sing in subways to earn money to survive, Kudrow apparently had a quite different fate with finances during Friends.
Kudrow reportedly earned over a million for each episode when the sitcom eventually ended after a highly successful run for 10 years. Nobody could have guessed that neither Phoebe nor her porn star twin sister could earn that much in their entire lifetime. Kudrow, by the way, had already paid $11 million to Mr Howard in 2007 before saying goodbye to a professional relation that lasted 16 years.
Even though Kudrow acted in one of the most highly successful and critically acclaimed romantic movies of all time, P.S. I Love You, people may never be able to associate her with any other character than the eccentric friend whose unbelievable reactions in the sitcom made her one of the unforgettable characters on TV.
Here are some of the most hilarious quotes by Phoebe Buffay:
"They don't know that we know they know we know."
- "Friends: The One Where Everybody Finds Out (#5.14)" (1999)
(To Brad Pitt playing Will) "Will, just take off your shirt and tell us."
- "Friends: The One with the Rumor (#8.9)" (2001)
"I just realized something. Joker is poker with a j."
- "Friends: The One with All the Poker (#1.18)" (1995)
"Oh, okay. How it's been so long since you've had sex and wondering if they've changed it?
- "Friends: The One with Ross's New Girlfriend (#2.1)" (1995)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]