Phoebe in Trouble: F.R.I.E.N.D.S Star Lisa Kudrow Must Asked to Pay $1.6m to Former Manager
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | February 28, 2014 2:22 PM EST
We all have loved the incredible weirdo, Phoebe Buffay-Hannigan, one of six F.R.I.E.N.D.S who continue to charm viewers all over the world even today long after the NBC sitcom ended on May 6, 2004. However, Lisa Kudrow who played the character to perfection would have never thought that the role would involve such a controversy as this. Kudrow has been asked to pay $1.6 milion to her former manager Scott Howard who used to handle her career during Friends days.
A Los Angeles jury ruled in favour of Mr Howard who had claimed that the former Golden Globe Award nominee orally promised to pay a percentage of her income when she did the sitcom. Even though Phoebe was someone who had to sing in subways to earn money to survive, Kudrow apparently had a quite different fate with finances during Friends.
Kudrow reportedly earned over a million for each episode when the sitcom eventually ended after a highly successful run for 10 years. Nobody could have guessed that neither Phoebe nor her porn star twin sister could earn that much in their entire lifetime. Kudrow, by the way, had already paid $11 million to Mr Howard in 2007 before saying goodbye to a professional relation that lasted 16 years.
Even though Kudrow acted in one of the most highly successful and critically acclaimed romantic movies of all time, P.S. I Love You, people may never be able to associate her with any other character than the eccentric friend whose unbelievable reactions in the sitcom made her one of the unforgettable characters on TV.
Here are some of the most hilarious quotes by Phoebe Buffay:
"They don't know that we know they know we know."
- "Friends: The One Where Everybody Finds Out (#5.14)" (1999)
(To Brad Pitt playing Will) "Will, just take off your shirt and tell us."
- "Friends: The One with the Rumor (#8.9)" (2001)
"I just realized something. Joker is poker with a j."
- "Friends: The One with All the Poker (#1.18)" (1995)
"Oh, okay. How it's been so long since you've had sex and wondering if they've changed it?
- "Friends: The One with Ross's New Girlfriend (#2.1)" (1995)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7'—5 Villains To Feature In The Movie, According To Reported Leaks [Spoilers]
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4