Phoebe in Trouble: F.R.I.E.N.D.S Star Lisa Kudrow Must Asked to Pay $1.6m to Former Manager
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | February 28, 2014 2:22 PM EST
We all have loved the incredible weirdo, Phoebe Buffay-Hannigan, one of six F.R.I.E.N.D.S who continue to charm viewers all over the world even today long after the NBC sitcom ended on May 6, 2004. However, Lisa Kudrow who played the character to perfection would have never thought that the role would involve such a controversy as this. Kudrow has been asked to pay $1.6 milion to her former manager Scott Howard who used to handle her career during Friends days.
A Los Angeles jury ruled in favour of Mr Howard who had claimed that the former Golden Globe Award nominee orally promised to pay a percentage of her income when she did the sitcom. Even though Phoebe was someone who had to sing in subways to earn money to survive, Kudrow apparently had a quite different fate with finances during Friends.
Kudrow reportedly earned over a million for each episode when the sitcom eventually ended after a highly successful run for 10 years. Nobody could have guessed that neither Phoebe nor her porn star twin sister could earn that much in their entire lifetime. Kudrow, by the way, had already paid $11 million to Mr Howard in 2007 before saying goodbye to a professional relation that lasted 16 years.
Even though Kudrow acted in one of the most highly successful and critically acclaimed romantic movies of all time, P.S. I Love You, people may never be able to associate her with any other character than the eccentric friend whose unbelievable reactions in the sitcom made her one of the unforgettable characters on TV.
Here are some of the most hilarious quotes by Phoebe Buffay:
"They don't know that we know they know we know."
- "Friends: The One Where Everybody Finds Out (#5.14)" (1999)
(To Brad Pitt playing Will) "Will, just take off your shirt and tell us."
- "Friends: The One with the Rumor (#8.9)" (2001)
"I just realized something. Joker is poker with a j."
- "Friends: The One with All the Poker (#1.18)" (1995)
"Oh, okay. How it's been so long since you've had sex and wondering if they've changed it?
- "Friends: The One with Ross's New Girlfriend (#2.1)" (1995)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett to Rediscover Nathan Fillion's Rick Castle; 'Derrick Storm' Coming to ABC [VIDEO]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 26, 2014: Past Mistakes, Betrayals And Confrontations In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza