'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Spoilers: Executive Producer Caroline Dries Confirms Elena Will Return, Storyline Becomes 'Katherine vs Our Heroes'
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 28, 2014 2:03 PM EST
Katherine Pierce (Nina Dobrev) succeeded in completely taking over Elena's body but Caroline Dries, the "Vampire Diaries" executive producer, confirmed that the CW TV series' female lead character will be returning soon. Ms Dries further added that Katherine's evil plan to survive leaves behind a damage to Elena (also Nina Dobrev) and Stefan Salvatore (Paul Wesley) as well.
Actress Nina Dobrev arrives at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014.
'Supernatural' Season 9 Spoilers: Dean Winchester Wants to Shoot Who? Watch Promo Video Released For Episode 15 Titled '#THINMAN'
'The Originals' Season 1 Episode 14 'Long Way Back From Hell' Recap/ Spoilers: It’s A Personal War, Klaus Mikaelson vs. Siblings Rebekah and Elijah
The TVD executive producer may have not divulged the details on when exactly Elena will return but confirmation about the return is enough to make the TVD fans give a sigh of relief. "Elena will ultimately return to the show, back to her friends and her old life, but there will be the fallout from everything Katherine left in her wake," TVD executive producer Caroline Dries confirmed in the TV Line report. Ms Dries revealed Katherine's damage to Stefan will take time before it fades away.
"Just when he seemed to finally be getting over Elena and starting to heal, Katherine stormed into his life and reopened that wound," Ms Dries stated. The executive producer continued that Katherine is currently "at her sexiest" and most manipulative behaviour which is evident in her attempts to win the affection of Stefan.
According to Ms Dries, Stefan and his brother, Damon (Ian Somerhalder), will be shocked to discover that Katherine is still alive in Elena's body. The Salvatore brothers must figure out a way to save and bring back Elena Gilbert.
"That's the more urgent thing, so ultimately, they have to figure out how to mastermind the master manipulator. It becomes a 'Katherine vs. our heroes' kind of storyline, which is very fun," Caroline Dries teased. Will Katherine be really gone when Elena returns?
The executive producer hinted that there is still a chance for Katherine to come back. Ms Dries explained: "That's something everyone will have to wait and see, but I will say that what happens with that is something we've never done on the show before. It's pretty final."
As for Katherine's Traveller daughter, Caroline Dries confirms that Nadia (Olga Fonda) will still have a purpose in the show if her mother goes away. Nadia's relationship with Katherine becomes the "most important thing in her life" and viewers will be able to see how it works out in the TV series.
"The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 airs Thursday nights at 8 pm EST on the CW Network.
More Articles to Read:
'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Spoilers: Caroline Interrupts Katherine's Moment with Stefan, Watch Sneak Peek Video For Episode 14 'No Exit' - [READ]
Nina Dobrev: 'Vampire Diaries' Actress Spotted Hanging Out with 'Captain America' Actor Chris Evans at Daytona 500 - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers for Sept. 1-5, 2014: Sabrina Seeks Revenge
- 5 Seconds of Summer Calum Hood's D--K Vine Video Goes Viral
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Jessica Lange Says New Season ‘Most Extraordinary’
- Anna Paquin Says She Took Home ‘Cute, English Dude’ Stephen Moyer From The Set Of “True Blood”
- 'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Enzo To Have A Makeout Scene, Speculations Suggest Enzo and Caroline Get Cozy In New Season
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide