Katherine Heigl Broke Because of “Diva” Attitude? Asking Fans to Donate for Her Film
By Jenille Cristy Maido | February 28, 2014 1:07 PM EST
It is not likely for a popular Hollywood star to get penniless, but is it the case for Katherine Heigl? The actress who is pretty popular for her lead role in romantic comedies like "The Ugly Truth" and "27 Dresses" asked her fans to donate money to fund her film "Jenny's Wedding" through an international crowdfunding site Indiegogo.
Actress Katherine Heigl poses at Elle's 18th Annual Women in Hollywood Tribute in Los Angeles October 17, 2011
Heigl is raising $150,000 for the film to make it in theatres, and the actress revealed that she is short of money as well.
"I haven't made that much in the past few years, man, I gotta support my family," she said when she was asked if she'd be willing to "fill in the extra amount" herself, a quote from Yahoo News. Heigl added that though she is strapped of cash she had done best in her work to portray her lesbian role well.
When TMZ asked Heigl on how the funding is going, the actress answered she don't know much well, but is hoping that her endeavour is doing well.
As of this date, Heigl's Indiegogo campaign has raised USD $32, 916. More than one-fifth of the amount to be raised. Funding duration started from February 11, 2014 to March 28, 2014, leaving the campaign with 30 days to accomplish its goal.
The actress had been reported to have troubles with her Hollywood career after leaving "Grey's Anatomy" and controversially called Judd Apatow's film sexist. Insiders say that Heigl has a "diva" attitude on set and is "demanding" and "not worth it," for giving people a hard time working with her.
Despite her past issues, Heigl's clip on the campaign shows her with a positive vibe. She is hopeful that the film will get the amount it needs to reach the big screen.
The producers are just as passionate about @jennys_wedding as I am, but need your help to make it happen....
— Katherine Heigl (@KatieHeigl) February 12, 2014
"Jenny's Wedding" directed by Mary Agnes Donoghue tells a story of a woman who troubled her old-fashioned family after confessing that she is gay and will be marrying her partner. The filming began in Cleveland on October 2013, but is still set on post-production.
What do you think of Katherine Heigl's movie?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions