Katherine Heigl Broke Because of “Diva” Attitude? Asking Fans to Donate for Her Film
By Jenille Cristy Maido | February 28, 2014 1:07 PM EST
It is not likely for a popular Hollywood star to get penniless, but is it the case for Katherine Heigl? The actress who is pretty popular for her lead role in romantic comedies like "The Ugly Truth" and "27 Dresses" asked her fans to donate money to fund her film "Jenny's Wedding" through an international crowdfunding site Indiegogo.
Actress Katherine Heigl poses at Elle's 18th Annual Women in Hollywood Tribute in Los Angeles October 17, 2011
Heigl is raising $150,000 for the film to make it in theatres, and the actress revealed that she is short of money as well.
"I haven't made that much in the past few years, man, I gotta support my family," she said when she was asked if she'd be willing to "fill in the extra amount" herself, a quote from Yahoo News. Heigl added that though she is strapped of cash she had done best in her work to portray her lesbian role well.
When TMZ asked Heigl on how the funding is going, the actress answered she don't know much well, but is hoping that her endeavour is doing well.
As of this date, Heigl's Indiegogo campaign has raised USD $32, 916. More than one-fifth of the amount to be raised. Funding duration started from February 11, 2014 to March 28, 2014, leaving the campaign with 30 days to accomplish its goal.
The actress had been reported to have troubles with her Hollywood career after leaving "Grey's Anatomy" and controversially called Judd Apatow's film sexist. Insiders say that Heigl has a "diva" attitude on set and is "demanding" and "not worth it," for giving people a hard time working with her.
Despite her past issues, Heigl's clip on the campaign shows her with a positive vibe. She is hopeful that the film will get the amount it needs to reach the big screen.
The producers are just as passionate about @jennys_wedding as I am, but need your help to make it happen....
— Katherine Heigl (@KatieHeigl) February 12, 2014
"Jenny's Wedding" directed by Mary Agnes Donoghue tells a story of a woman who troubled her old-fashioned family after confessing that she is gay and will be marrying her partner. The filming began in Cleveland on October 2013, but is still set on post-production.
What do you think of Katherine Heigl's movie?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June