Katherine Heigl Broke Because of “Diva” Attitude? Asking Fans to Donate for Her Film
By Jenille Cristy Maido | February 28, 2014 1:07 PM EST
It is not likely for a popular Hollywood star to get penniless, but is it the case for Katherine Heigl? The actress who is pretty popular for her lead role in romantic comedies like "The Ugly Truth" and "27 Dresses" asked her fans to donate money to fund her film "Jenny's Wedding" through an international crowdfunding site Indiegogo.
Actress Katherine Heigl poses at Elle's 18th Annual Women in Hollywood Tribute in Los Angeles October 17, 2011
Heigl is raising $150,000 for the film to make it in theatres, and the actress revealed that she is short of money as well.
"I haven't made that much in the past few years, man, I gotta support my family," she said when she was asked if she'd be willing to "fill in the extra amount" herself, a quote from Yahoo News. Heigl added that though she is strapped of cash she had done best in her work to portray her lesbian role well.
When TMZ asked Heigl on how the funding is going, the actress answered she don't know much well, but is hoping that her endeavour is doing well.
As of this date, Heigl's Indiegogo campaign has raised USD $32, 916. More than one-fifth of the amount to be raised. Funding duration started from February 11, 2014 to March 28, 2014, leaving the campaign with 30 days to accomplish its goal.
The actress had been reported to have troubles with her Hollywood career after leaving "Grey's Anatomy" and controversially called Judd Apatow's film sexist. Insiders say that Heigl has a "diva" attitude on set and is "demanding" and "not worth it," for giving people a hard time working with her.
Despite her past issues, Heigl's clip on the campaign shows her with a positive vibe. She is hopeful that the film will get the amount it needs to reach the big screen.
The producers are just as passionate about @jennys_wedding as I am, but need your help to make it happen....
— Katherine Heigl (@KatieHeigl) February 12, 2014
"Jenny's Wedding" directed by Mary Agnes Donoghue tells a story of a woman who troubled her old-fashioned family after confessing that she is gay and will be marrying her partner. The filming began in Cleveland on October 2013, but is still set on post-production.
What do you think of Katherine Heigl's movie?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Nov. 26, 2014, The Forrester Mansion Is All Decked Out For Thanksgiving With Family And Friends [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments