Katherine Heigl Broke Because of “Diva” Attitude? Asking Fans to Donate for Her Film
By Jenille Cristy Maido | February 28, 2014 1:07 PM EST
It is not likely for a popular Hollywood star to get penniless, but is it the case for Katherine Heigl? The actress who is pretty popular for her lead role in romantic comedies like "The Ugly Truth" and "27 Dresses" asked her fans to donate money to fund her film "Jenny's Wedding" through an international crowdfunding site Indiegogo.
Actress Katherine Heigl poses at Elle's 18th Annual Women in Hollywood Tribute in Los Angeles October 17, 2011
Heigl is raising $150,000 for the film to make it in theatres, and the actress revealed that she is short of money as well.
"I haven't made that much in the past few years, man, I gotta support my family," she said when she was asked if she'd be willing to "fill in the extra amount" herself, a quote from Yahoo News. Heigl added that though she is strapped of cash she had done best in her work to portray her lesbian role well.
When TMZ asked Heigl on how the funding is going, the actress answered she don't know much well, but is hoping that her endeavour is doing well.
As of this date, Heigl's Indiegogo campaign has raised USD $32, 916. More than one-fifth of the amount to be raised. Funding duration started from February 11, 2014 to March 28, 2014, leaving the campaign with 30 days to accomplish its goal.
The actress had been reported to have troubles with her Hollywood career after leaving "Grey's Anatomy" and controversially called Judd Apatow's film sexist. Insiders say that Heigl has a "diva" attitude on set and is "demanding" and "not worth it," for giving people a hard time working with her.
Despite her past issues, Heigl's clip on the campaign shows her with a positive vibe. She is hopeful that the film will get the amount it needs to reach the big screen.
The producers are just as passionate about @jennys_wedding as I am, but need your help to make it happen....
— Katherine Heigl (@KatieHeigl) February 12, 2014
"Jenny's Wedding" directed by Mary Agnes Donoghue tells a story of a woman who troubled her old-fashioned family after confessing that she is gay and will be marrying her partner. The filming began in Cleveland on October 2013, but is still set on post-production.
What do you think of Katherine Heigl's movie?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles