'Harry Potter's' Emma Watson and Daniel Radcliffe to Join Forces Again for 'The Little Mermaid?'
By Diadem Pambid | February 28, 2014 1:01 PM EST
News is ripe over the web that "Harry Potter" co-stars Emma Watson and Daniel Radcliffe are set to join forces once more for a new film. Both Hogwarts alumni are said to star in the film adaptation of the famous Hans Christian Andersen tale of "The Little Mermaid." How true are the rumours?
Actress Emma Watson reacts as she poses with fellow cast member Daniel Radcliffe at the world premiere of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" in London.
Too bad for "Potterheads" because the said reports aren't true - Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson will not star in the film adaptation of "The Little Mermaid." In fact, there won't be a film adaptation contrary to the reports. The said report is simply a repetition of MuggleNet's April Fool's Day joke. Below is a snippet from the original report. The full report may be read here.
"A few hours ago it was confirmed that Emma Watson was chosen to play the role of Ariel in The Little Mermaid. But that's not all! Prince Eric will be played by Daniel Radcliffe! This new production of Disney's animated classic is planned for release in 2015 and will be a live action telling filmed digitally in 3D," reports Buzznet.com.
If there is a Disney adaptation that will star Emma Watson, it would be Guillermo Del Toro's take on "Beauty & the Beast" which is scheduled for production this year. In other Emma related news, the "Bling Ring" star is set to present the awards for the upcoming Oscar Awards on March 2 along with Oscar Award winning actress Jennifer Lawrence.
On the other hand, Daniel Radcliffe is busy filming scenes for the remake of "Frankenstein." The "Harry Potter" star has been sporting long locks for the role. Last Wednesday, the actor was spotted scrambling around the beach soaking wet for scenes in the said film.
Fans are still patiently waiting for a film that would once again star their favourite golden trio from the "Harry Potter" films namely Emma Watson, Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint. For now, fans should hit the cinemas by March for the film "Noah" starring Emma Watson alongside Logan Lerman. Rupert Grint on the other hand stars in the film "Charlie Countryman" opposite Shia Labeouf where the former dished about the latter's habit of dropping acid.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed