'Harry Potter's' Emma Watson and Daniel Radcliffe to Join Forces Again for 'The Little Mermaid?'
By Diadem Pambid | February 28, 2014 1:01 PM EST
News is ripe over the web that "Harry Potter" co-stars Emma Watson and Daniel Radcliffe are set to join forces once more for a new film. Both Hogwarts alumni are said to star in the film adaptation of the famous Hans Christian Andersen tale of "The Little Mermaid." How true are the rumours?
Actress Emma Watson reacts as she poses with fellow cast member Daniel Radcliffe at the world premiere of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" in London.
Too bad for "Potterheads" because the said reports aren't true - Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson will not star in the film adaptation of "The Little Mermaid." In fact, there won't be a film adaptation contrary to the reports. The said report is simply a repetition of MuggleNet's April Fool's Day joke. Below is a snippet from the original report. The full report may be read here.
"A few hours ago it was confirmed that Emma Watson was chosen to play the role of Ariel in The Little Mermaid. But that's not all! Prince Eric will be played by Daniel Radcliffe! This new production of Disney's animated classic is planned for release in 2015 and will be a live action telling filmed digitally in 3D," reports Buzznet.com.
If there is a Disney adaptation that will star Emma Watson, it would be Guillermo Del Toro's take on "Beauty & the Beast" which is scheduled for production this year. In other Emma related news, the "Bling Ring" star is set to present the awards for the upcoming Oscar Awards on March 2 along with Oscar Award winning actress Jennifer Lawrence.
On the other hand, Daniel Radcliffe is busy filming scenes for the remake of "Frankenstein." The "Harry Potter" star has been sporting long locks for the role. Last Wednesday, the actor was spotted scrambling around the beach soaking wet for scenes in the said film.
Fans are still patiently waiting for a film that would once again star their favourite golden trio from the "Harry Potter" films namely Emma Watson, Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint. For now, fans should hit the cinemas by March for the film "Noah" starring Emma Watson alongside Logan Lerman. Rupert Grint on the other hand stars in the film "Charlie Countryman" opposite Shia Labeouf where the former dished about the latter's habit of dropping acid.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales