'Harry Potter's' Emma Watson and Daniel Radcliffe to Join Forces Again for 'The Little Mermaid?'
By Diadem Pambid | February 28, 2014 1:01 PM EST
News is ripe over the web that "Harry Potter" co-stars Emma Watson and Daniel Radcliffe are set to join forces once more for a new film. Both Hogwarts alumni are said to star in the film adaptation of the famous Hans Christian Andersen tale of "The Little Mermaid." How true are the rumours?
Actress Emma Watson reacts as she poses with fellow cast member Daniel Radcliffe at the world premiere of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" in London.
Too bad for "Potterheads" because the said reports aren't true - Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson will not star in the film adaptation of "The Little Mermaid." In fact, there won't be a film adaptation contrary to the reports. The said report is simply a repetition of MuggleNet's April Fool's Day joke. Below is a snippet from the original report. The full report may be read here.
"A few hours ago it was confirmed that Emma Watson was chosen to play the role of Ariel in The Little Mermaid. But that's not all! Prince Eric will be played by Daniel Radcliffe! This new production of Disney's animated classic is planned for release in 2015 and will be a live action telling filmed digitally in 3D," reports Buzznet.com.
If there is a Disney adaptation that will star Emma Watson, it would be Guillermo Del Toro's take on "Beauty & the Beast" which is scheduled for production this year. In other Emma related news, the "Bling Ring" star is set to present the awards for the upcoming Oscar Awards on March 2 along with Oscar Award winning actress Jennifer Lawrence.
On the other hand, Daniel Radcliffe is busy filming scenes for the remake of "Frankenstein." The "Harry Potter" star has been sporting long locks for the role. Last Wednesday, the actor was spotted scrambling around the beach soaking wet for scenes in the said film.
Fans are still patiently waiting for a film that would once again star their favourite golden trio from the "Harry Potter" films namely Emma Watson, Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint. For now, fans should hit the cinemas by March for the film "Noah" starring Emma Watson alongside Logan Lerman. Rupert Grint on the other hand stars in the film "Charlie Countryman" opposite Shia Labeouf where the former dished about the latter's habit of dropping acid.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate