NBA Rumors: Boston Celtics’ Rajon Rondo is Selfish, Overrated Player – Scout
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 28, 2014 12:42 PM EST
Rajon Rondo might be considered as one of the premier point guards today, but the Boston Celtics playmaker appears to be a selfish, overrated player in the eyes of an Eastern Conference scout. The latest scrutiny on Rondo came in the wake of another run-in with the media after missing the team's West Coast swing.
Rajon Rondo - Boston Celtics
Rondo, who is viewed by many as a talented but highly unpredictable player, is being criticised again for his surly attitude, which analysts believed could affect his value when he becomes a free-agent in 2015.
In fact, an Eastern Conference scout already showed his distaste in Rondo, that he's even willing to snub the All-Star guards for backups because of his 'egocentric' character.
"Three years ago, I was the only scout saying Rondo is overrated, and I was crucified for it," the scout said in the latest article on ESPN. "I was saying he was awful. I think he's a selfish player. He's only going to pass it to you if he thinks he can get an assist. I've seen him come out for pregame warm-ups with his shoes untied, shooting lefty foul shots."
"For him to come out for a game with that attitude makes me question his work ethic. I've never liked his game. "If you play with Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen at close to their peak, they're going to raise everyone's game. Defensively, Rondo's a bit of a gambler, and I don't think his defense is all that. If I was starting a team and had my choice of any point guard, he would be 40th. I mean it. I'd take some backups before him," the scout added.
Coming off an ACL injury, Rondo is slowly putting up the same numbers he used to have post-injury, at the time when Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce were still around. The Celtics reportedly tried to unload Rondo for assets before the trade deadline, but the point guard's disinterest to sign an extension with his new team caused negotiations to fall apart.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Jeremy Lin Seeks Respect From Lakers Star Kobe Bryant
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales