NBA Rumors: Boston Celtics’ Rajon Rondo is Selfish, Overrated Player – Scout
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 28, 2014 12:42 PM EST
Rajon Rondo might be considered as one of the premier point guards today, but the Boston Celtics playmaker appears to be a selfish, overrated player in the eyes of an Eastern Conference scout. The latest scrutiny on Rondo came in the wake of another run-in with the media after missing the team's West Coast swing.
Rajon Rondo - Boston Celtics
Rondo, who is viewed by many as a talented but highly unpredictable player, is being criticised again for his surly attitude, which analysts believed could affect his value when he becomes a free-agent in 2015.
In fact, an Eastern Conference scout already showed his distaste in Rondo, that he's even willing to snub the All-Star guards for backups because of his 'egocentric' character.
"Three years ago, I was the only scout saying Rondo is overrated, and I was crucified for it," the scout said in the latest article on ESPN. "I was saying he was awful. I think he's a selfish player. He's only going to pass it to you if he thinks he can get an assist. I've seen him come out for pregame warm-ups with his shoes untied, shooting lefty foul shots."
"For him to come out for a game with that attitude makes me question his work ethic. I've never liked his game. "If you play with Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen at close to their peak, they're going to raise everyone's game. Defensively, Rondo's a bit of a gambler, and I don't think his defense is all that. If I was starting a team and had my choice of any point guard, he would be 40th. I mean it. I'd take some backups before him," the scout added.
Coming off an ACL injury, Rondo is slowly putting up the same numbers he used to have post-injury, at the time when Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce were still around. The Celtics reportedly tried to unload Rondo for assets before the trade deadline, but the point guard's disinterest to sign an extension with his new team caused negotiations to fall apart.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- G20 Summit in Nov: No Consensus to Bar Russia, Putin Open to Attend in Australia