Call of Duty: Ghosts vs. Battlefield 4: COD Elite Shutting Down, Battlefield 4 Gets Platoon Support
By Gel Galang | February 28, 2014 12:00 PM EST
Those who have been part of the Call of Duty Elite should know that the service will be shutting down, and if you have been a member since January 1, 2014, you can easily get double XP for two hours, though this is yet to be made available.
With this shutting down comes the permanent news that there will be no revival of this feature in the future, though Activision has stated that players can download the official Call of Duty app, particularly for COD Ghosts and succeeding titles. This would be for the customization of the characters and weapons.
GameSpot also lists down the consequences of the service shutdown:
For those who have been using the service since 2011 as well as the COD Elite Founders will be able to keep the special emblem, which will be displayed on the playercard in the app for Call of Duty: Ghosts.
All Clans and Clan Management tools will no longer be accessible via COD Elite, but you can download the COD app or COD Clan Wars for a similar experience.
Battlefield 4 platoons rolling out
Earlier, it was reported that Platoons for Battlefield 4 were being tested out to a number of volunteers. But soon enough, the Platoons are already available for all Battlelog users.
Over at the official Battlefield Blog, it was announced that the Platoons can be located in the soldier dropdown menu and as a new tile on the homepage.
"Platoons in Battlefield 4 is a way for you and your friends to get together, organize yourselves, communicate, and fight together to improve your Platoon. Whether you want to share experiences in a more private space, or show the world who has the most skilled, most awesome Battlefield 4 team around, Platoons is the way to go," said the developers.
Those with a Battlefield 4 Premium membership or those with soldiers that are at least rank 10 should create their own Platoon. There are a number of features that gamers can expect once they get to the Platoons.
The first is the ability to create and join a Platoon with up to 100 members. You also have access to a private and public Platoon feed for communication, and there will also be Basic Platoon management for invitation and movement of members.
The Platoons that are already out are just part of the first iteration, with the developers aiming to refine it and take feedback into consideration.
Read more gaming news here:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report