Boxing News 2014: Pacquiao Plans a Bradley Knock Out in April 12 Rematch; Boxing Expert Gives Bradley Slim or Zero Chances of Win (VIDEOS)
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 28, 2014 10:51 AM EST
Boxing News 2014: Manny Pacquiao Docu Premiers in March at Southwest Film Festival in Austin, Texas; Narrator Liam Neeson Mimics Pacman (VIDEOS)
With just more than a month away from the anticipated rematch between eight-division title holder Manny Pacquiao and undefeated American boxer Timothy Bradley, exchanges between the two camps are getting more heated.
From Manila, Pacquiao's friend, Buboy Fernandez, confirmed what has been expressed a few days ago by coach Freddie Roach that they are pushing for a knockout of Bradley by the Filipino southpaw.
Fernandez said that if Bradley decides to run from the constant pressure from Pacman's punches, he will have nowhere to hide. He told Eddie Alinea of Philboxing that if Bradley would run again like what he did on their first match, Pacquiao would chase the American pugilist.
"And if Bradley exchanges blow, he'll be swarmed with punches," Fernandez said.
Pacquiao, though, has refrained from publicly stating that he wants to knock out Bradley despite negative comments from the American boxer's camp that Manny has lost his killer instinct.
Pacquiao is currently training in General Santos City until the first week of March and then will go to the U.S. to continue his preparations for their much-awaited second round.
The Latin Post, quoting boxing expert Hermie Rivera, said the odds are so much in favour of the Filipino congressman, while Bradley has very slim or nil chances of winning against the Pacman.
Rivera told the Philippine Daily Inquirer, "Tim Bradley's chance(s) of beating Manny Pacquiao is akin to having Satan start serving sherbet or ice cream in hell."
Similarly, boxer Amir Khan thinks Pacquiao has the edge over Bradley.
However, Bradley has super middleweight champion Andre Ward as his defender. Ward said, quoted by On The Ropes Boxing Radio, "(You wouldn't think that) Timothy Bradley would get the respect he deserves, and he still doesn't. That's the material, that's the fuel that people don't realize push guys like Timothy Bradley to go above and beyond what people think he's gonna do."
Ward continued, "It's not necessarily with X's and O's and strategy, but just the desire man. I feel he has a desire that can't be denied, and he has the intangibles that you can't put your finger on."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Manny Pacquiao Calls Out On Floyd Mayweather Jr. Again After Unbeaten Boxer Mocks Him With His KO Video
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Marussia Formula One Team Keeps Its Promise To Injured Driver
- Phil Hughes No More: Australian Batsman Dies at 25
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report