Kevin Love: “No Shit Los Angeles, Minnesota Has a Better Team, Foundation”
By James Patrick Quizon | February 28, 2014 1:27 AM EST
Probably tired of all the talk that he’s going to go to a “big city” team and leave his current team when he hits free agency, Kevin Love revealed in an interview that he is currently happy playing in Minnesota despite the struggles this season.
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers at Minnesota Timberwolves
“People think it's so far-fetched that I would stay in Minnesota,” Love declared to GQ.com. “And I'm not shitting on the Lakers, but we have the better team, the better foundation. I'm having fun.”
Minnesota is mired in yet another substandard season with a 28-29 win-loss card at this point of the season. The Timberwolves are 9th in the Western Conference standings and five games back off 8th seed Phoenix Suns (33-24).
The Timberwolves have been a bit unlucky in the first half of the season too with injuries to key starters Nikola Pekovic and Kevin Martin. Plus, no luck here, but Ricky Rubio still has a broken jumpshot.
But K-Love is having a career-year statistically. The unquestioned leader of the team, he is fourth in the NBA in scoring (26.6) and 2nd in rebounding (13.2) making him one of the MVP candidates this season.
Love is due roughly $14.7M this year and $15.7M in 2014-2015. He has a player option for $16.7M in 2015-2016 and it is widely accepted that he will opt out of the final year of his contract to explore free agency early.
Basing on that interview, Love is giving the T’Wolves a chance. And Minnesota fans know they better not blow it.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying