Latest Cosmetic Trend: More Young Men Seek Beard Transplants In U.S. And Canada
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | February 28, 2014 12:04 AM EST
A growing trend of beard transplants among Canadian men are on the rise. The reason behind such an expensive transplant seems to be a "hipster" culture, encouraging men to flaunt thick facial hair.
According to Toronto Surgeon Dr. Paul Cotterill, a specialist of hair transplants, the growing trend among Canadian men is more cosmetic. Earlier, men would go for such transplants when they wanted to hide any kind of burn or scar on their face. But today, Dr Cotterill said most men would like to do beard transplant purely from a cosmetic point of view, as reported by CTV News. Seemingly, it is similar to any other cosmetic surgeries like breast transplant or nose job which is purely conducted for aesthetics purposes.
But this trend is not only limited to Canada. DNA Info reported having beard transplant was equally popular in New York. Men are willing to do facial hair transplants to look more like hipsters. The surgery that costs anywhere between $3,000 and $7,000 is supposed to help those who do not grow their bread well enough to look like hipsters.
Dr. Jeffrey Epstein has been performing similar surgeries for a decade now. He said he did only a few surgeries during the first years of his career around 10 years back. But the number seems to be increasing significantly. He claimed he did around three facial hair transplants in a week on the average in his Miami and Midtown East offices.
Dr. Yael Halaas, another cosmetic surgeon, specializing in beard transplant, said young professionals in their 20s and 30s who would like to see themselves "fashionable" and "hip" sought such procedure.
He added many professionals involved in "detail-oriented" jobs like architecture and artistry preferred such transplants. Experts said it is one of those fashion crazes which keep changing every decade.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kendall Jenner's Secret To A Slim and Sexy Body: All About Her Diet And Fitness Routine [Watch Video]
- Bill Gates Believes Ebola Could Spread Outside West Africa, Warns Countries Should Strengthen Healthcare
- Sleep Deprivation Among Teens Is The Main Cause of Low Academic Performance, Bad Behaviour And Lethargy, Finds Study
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Pilgrimage To Mecca: The Latest Health and Travel Advice For Muslim Hajj And Umrah With Regard To MERS-CoV
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate