Shane Warne Spins a Googly: Denies Dating Michelle Mone, Announces Split with Liz Hurley
By Johnlee Varghese | February 27, 2014 10:20 PM EST
For months, reports of the Shane Warne-Liz Hurley split have been doing the rounds, and finally it has now been established that the Australian is indeed single. The former international cricketer announced he is now just a friend of Hurley, and also spun a googly on by claiming he is not dating Michelle Mone.
Warne, who appeared on two TV talk shows and one radio show on the same day, went on to clear the air about his affairs and relationships.
On the Australian breakfast show 'Sunrise,' Warne announced his split with Hurley. "Elizabeth and I are still friends and we catch up when we can. It's a shame, it's all over and done, but that's the way it goes unfortunately," the BreakingNews quoted him. However, reports of splitsvilla were out much before, especially after it emerged that Hurley had stopped wearing the engagement ring.
Strong work from The Sun with this Shane Warne story headline... pic.twitter.com/Y4647sTw6U
— Charlie Reynolds (@thesportsfox) February 24, 2014
But it seems Warne had more on his mind than just clearing up things about Hurley. The 44-year-old was also quick to dismiss rumors that he is romancing lingerie entrepreneur Mone.
Reports on his equation with Mone went viral, after UK tabloid The Sun had recently carried a story claiming that the former Aussie cricketer spent a romantic time with Mone in her hotel room in London on 15 February, showering her with roses and champagne.
In his interview at breakfast show 'Today,' host Karl Stefanovic asked Warne about the rumors, which made news across the globe, and Warne replied it was “absolute rubbish”.
During the interview, the host read out headline The Sun carried on Monday: "Over the shoulder bowler bowls over an over the shoulder boulder holder moulder."
"You've got to admit it's a clever headline!" Stefanovic said.
“Mate it’s no one’s business but that is all absolute rubbish... I roll and yawn that's it,” Sydney Morning Herald quoted Warne's reply.
Finally, in his interview on radio Triple M's 'Hot Breakfast,' Warne revealed: "I'm single, I'm not seeing anyone, I'm not dating anyone, I haven't got the hots for anyone."
So what are his plans, now that he is single? Well, to start with, he can try being a role model to his children!
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance