Shane Warne Spins a Googly: Denies Dating Michelle Mone, Announces Split with Liz Hurley
By Johnlee Varghese | February 27, 2014 10:20 PM EST
For months, reports of the Shane Warne-Liz Hurley split have been doing the rounds, and finally it has now been established that the Australian is indeed single. The former international cricketer announced he is now just a friend of Hurley, and also spun a googly on by claiming he is not dating Michelle Mone.
Warne, who appeared on two TV talk shows and one radio show on the same day, went on to clear the air about his affairs and relationships.
On the Australian breakfast show 'Sunrise,' Warne announced his split with Hurley. "Elizabeth and I are still friends and we catch up when we can. It's a shame, it's all over and done, but that's the way it goes unfortunately," the BreakingNews quoted him. However, reports of splitsvilla were out much before, especially after it emerged that Hurley had stopped wearing the engagement ring.
Strong work from The Sun with this Shane Warne story headline... pic.twitter.com/Y4647sTw6U
— Charlie Reynolds (@thesportsfox) February 24, 2014
But it seems Warne had more on his mind than just clearing up things about Hurley. The 44-year-old was also quick to dismiss rumors that he is romancing lingerie entrepreneur Mone.
Reports on his equation with Mone went viral, after UK tabloid The Sun had recently carried a story claiming that the former Aussie cricketer spent a romantic time with Mone in her hotel room in London on 15 February, showering her with roses and champagne.
In his interview at breakfast show 'Today,' host Karl Stefanovic asked Warne about the rumors, which made news across the globe, and Warne replied it was “absolute rubbish”.
During the interview, the host read out headline The Sun carried on Monday: "Over the shoulder bowler bowls over an over the shoulder boulder holder moulder."
"You've got to admit it's a clever headline!" Stefanovic said.
“Mate it’s no one’s business but that is all absolute rubbish... I roll and yawn that's it,” Sydney Morning Herald quoted Warne's reply.
Finally, in his interview on radio Triple M's 'Hot Breakfast,' Warne revealed: "I'm single, I'm not seeing anyone, I'm not dating anyone, I haven't got the hots for anyone."
So what are his plans, now that he is single? Well, to start with, he can try being a role model to his children!
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS