Shane Warne Spins a Googly: Denies Dating Michelle Mone, Announces Split with Liz Hurley
By Johnlee Varghese | February 27, 2014 10:20 PM EST
For months, reports of the Shane Warne-Liz Hurley split have been doing the rounds, and finally it has now been established that the Australian is indeed single. The former international cricketer announced he is now just a friend of Hurley, and also spun a googly on by claiming he is not dating Michelle Mone.
Warne, who appeared on two TV talk shows and one radio show on the same day, went on to clear the air about his affairs and relationships.
On the Australian breakfast show 'Sunrise,' Warne announced his split with Hurley. "Elizabeth and I are still friends and we catch up when we can. It's a shame, it's all over and done, but that's the way it goes unfortunately," the BreakingNews quoted him. However, reports of splitsvilla were out much before, especially after it emerged that Hurley had stopped wearing the engagement ring.
Strong work from The Sun with this Shane Warne story headline... pic.twitter.com/Y4647sTw6U
— Charlie Reynolds (@thesportsfox) February 24, 2014
But it seems Warne had more on his mind than just clearing up things about Hurley. The 44-year-old was also quick to dismiss rumors that he is romancing lingerie entrepreneur Mone.
Reports on his equation with Mone went viral, after UK tabloid The Sun had recently carried a story claiming that the former Aussie cricketer spent a romantic time with Mone in her hotel room in London on 15 February, showering her with roses and champagne.
In his interview at breakfast show 'Today,' host Karl Stefanovic asked Warne about the rumors, which made news across the globe, and Warne replied it was “absolute rubbish”.
During the interview, the host read out headline The Sun carried on Monday: "Over the shoulder bowler bowls over an over the shoulder boulder holder moulder."
"You've got to admit it's a clever headline!" Stefanovic said.
“Mate it’s no one’s business but that is all absolute rubbish... I roll and yawn that's it,” Sydney Morning Herald quoted Warne's reply.
Finally, in his interview on radio Triple M's 'Hot Breakfast,' Warne revealed: "I'm single, I'm not seeing anyone, I'm not dating anyone, I haven't got the hots for anyone."
So what are his plans, now that he is single? Well, to start with, he can try being a role model to his children!
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage