Shane Warne Spins a Googly: Denies Dating Michelle Mone, Announces Split with Liz Hurley
By Johnlee Varghese | February 27, 2014 10:20 PM EST
For months, reports of the Shane Warne-Liz Hurley split have been doing the rounds, and finally it has now been established that the Australian is indeed single. The former international cricketer announced he is now just a friend of Hurley, and also spun a googly on by claiming he is not dating Michelle Mone.
Warne, who appeared on two TV talk shows and one radio show on the same day, went on to clear the air about his affairs and relationships.
On the Australian breakfast show 'Sunrise,' Warne announced his split with Hurley. "Elizabeth and I are still friends and we catch up when we can. It's a shame, it's all over and done, but that's the way it goes unfortunately," the BreakingNews quoted him. However, reports of splitsvilla were out much before, especially after it emerged that Hurley had stopped wearing the engagement ring.
Strong work from The Sun with this Shane Warne story headline... pic.twitter.com/Y4647sTw6U
— Charlie Reynolds (@thesportsfox) February 24, 2014
But it seems Warne had more on his mind than just clearing up things about Hurley. The 44-year-old was also quick to dismiss rumors that he is romancing lingerie entrepreneur Mone.
Reports on his equation with Mone went viral, after UK tabloid The Sun had recently carried a story claiming that the former Aussie cricketer spent a romantic time with Mone in her hotel room in London on 15 February, showering her with roses and champagne.
In his interview at breakfast show 'Today,' host Karl Stefanovic asked Warne about the rumors, which made news across the globe, and Warne replied it was “absolute rubbish”.
During the interview, the host read out headline The Sun carried on Monday: "Over the shoulder bowler bowls over an over the shoulder boulder holder moulder."
"You've got to admit it's a clever headline!" Stefanovic said.
“Mate it’s no one’s business but that is all absolute rubbish... I roll and yawn that's it,” Sydney Morning Herald quoted Warne's reply.
Finally, in his interview on radio Triple M's 'Hot Breakfast,' Warne revealed: "I'm single, I'm not seeing anyone, I'm not dating anyone, I haven't got the hots for anyone."
So what are his plans, now that he is single? Well, to start with, he can try being a role model to his children!
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight