Ajith to Play Cop in Gautham Menon Film?
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 27, 2014 10:02 PM EST
The buzz surrounding Ajith and Gautham Menon's upcoming film seems to grow day by day, even before the film could go on floors.
The untitled flick, tentatively named "Thala 55", was expected to kick off this month but it did not happen.
Now, some interesting details about the Gautham directorial have emerged. Behindwoods reports their trusted sources have informed that the Ajith starrer might go on floors between 15 and 17 March.
They have also revealed that Ajith will be appearing in a different look, not with the salt and pepper hair that he sported in some of his earlier releases. The actor's role is understood to be that of a young and dynamic cop, the website reported. If the report turns out to be true, it would not be the first time the actor would don such a role. In the past, Ajith had appeared as a police officer in the 2003 release "Anjaneya."
Regarding the film's leading lady, actress Anushka Shetty seems to be the front-runner to be paired opposite Ajith. Earlier, speculations were rife that the "Deiva Thirumagal" actress had opted out of the film, due to date issues. But now, it is being said that the actress is in talks for the female lead role in the film.
Similarly, talks are reportedly being held with AR Rahman to compose songs for the film. It might be recalled that the Oscar-winner had worked on the soundtracks for Gautham's "Vinnaithaandi Varuvaya" and is currently working on the director's upcoming project with Simbu.
"Thala 55" is expected to be finished on a quick note. It is being said that the film's shoot might get over by the end of July, and the team might eye Diwali 2014 to release the film. However, an official announcement on the big budget project is still awaited.
The film, produced by AM Ratnam, is one of the most-awaited films of 2014. Expectations are high on the film as Ajith is teaming up with Gautham for the first time.
"Thala" is riding a wave with back-to-back successful films "Arrambam" and "Veeram." Fans are eagerly waiting for their favourite star to hit a hat-trick with his new film, and considering it is a Gautham directorial, there is huge scope of achieving it.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2