Ajith to Play Cop in Gautham Menon Film?
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 27, 2014 10:02 PM EST
The buzz surrounding Ajith and Gautham Menon's upcoming film seems to grow day by day, even before the film could go on floors.
The untitled flick, tentatively named "Thala 55", was expected to kick off this month but it did not happen.
Now, some interesting details about the Gautham directorial have emerged. Behindwoods reports their trusted sources have informed that the Ajith starrer might go on floors between 15 and 17 March.
They have also revealed that Ajith will be appearing in a different look, not with the salt and pepper hair that he sported in some of his earlier releases. The actor's role is understood to be that of a young and dynamic cop, the website reported. If the report turns out to be true, it would not be the first time the actor would don such a role. In the past, Ajith had appeared as a police officer in the 2003 release "Anjaneya."
Regarding the film's leading lady, actress Anushka Shetty seems to be the front-runner to be paired opposite Ajith. Earlier, speculations were rife that the "Deiva Thirumagal" actress had opted out of the film, due to date issues. But now, it is being said that the actress is in talks for the female lead role in the film.
Similarly, talks are reportedly being held with AR Rahman to compose songs for the film. It might be recalled that the Oscar-winner had worked on the soundtracks for Gautham's "Vinnaithaandi Varuvaya" and is currently working on the director's upcoming project with Simbu.
"Thala 55" is expected to be finished on a quick note. It is being said that the film's shoot might get over by the end of July, and the team might eye Diwali 2014 to release the film. However, an official announcement on the big budget project is still awaited.
The film, produced by AM Ratnam, is one of the most-awaited films of 2014. Expectations are high on the film as Ajith is teaming up with Gautham for the first time.
"Thala" is riding a wave with back-to-back successful films "Arrambam" and "Veeram." Fans are eagerly waiting for their favourite star to hit a hat-trick with his new film, and considering it is a Gautham directorial, there is huge scope of achieving it.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones