Ajith to Play Cop in Gautham Menon Film?
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 27, 2014 10:02 PM EST
The buzz surrounding Ajith and Gautham Menon's upcoming film seems to grow day by day, even before the film could go on floors.
The untitled flick, tentatively named "Thala 55", was expected to kick off this month but it did not happen.
Now, some interesting details about the Gautham directorial have emerged. Behindwoods reports their trusted sources have informed that the Ajith starrer might go on floors between 15 and 17 March.
They have also revealed that Ajith will be appearing in a different look, not with the salt and pepper hair that he sported in some of his earlier releases. The actor's role is understood to be that of a young and dynamic cop, the website reported. If the report turns out to be true, it would not be the first time the actor would don such a role. In the past, Ajith had appeared as a police officer in the 2003 release "Anjaneya."
Regarding the film's leading lady, actress Anushka Shetty seems to be the front-runner to be paired opposite Ajith. Earlier, speculations were rife that the "Deiva Thirumagal" actress had opted out of the film, due to date issues. But now, it is being said that the actress is in talks for the female lead role in the film.
Similarly, talks are reportedly being held with AR Rahman to compose songs for the film. It might be recalled that the Oscar-winner had worked on the soundtracks for Gautham's "Vinnaithaandi Varuvaya" and is currently working on the director's upcoming project with Simbu.
"Thala 55" is expected to be finished on a quick note. It is being said that the film's shoot might get over by the end of July, and the team might eye Diwali 2014 to release the film. However, an official announcement on the big budget project is still awaited.
The film, produced by AM Ratnam, is one of the most-awaited films of 2014. Expectations are high on the film as Ajith is teaming up with Gautham for the first time.
"Thala" is riding a wave with back-to-back successful films "Arrambam" and "Veeram." Fans are eagerly waiting for their favourite star to hit a hat-trick with his new film, and considering it is a Gautham directorial, there is huge scope of achieving it.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia