Ajith to Play Cop in Gautham Menon Film?
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 27, 2014 10:02 PM EST
The buzz surrounding Ajith and Gautham Menon's upcoming film seems to grow day by day, even before the film could go on floors.
The untitled flick, tentatively named "Thala 55", was expected to kick off this month but it did not happen.
Now, some interesting details about the Gautham directorial have emerged. Behindwoods reports their trusted sources have informed that the Ajith starrer might go on floors between 15 and 17 March.
They have also revealed that Ajith will be appearing in a different look, not with the salt and pepper hair that he sported in some of his earlier releases. The actor's role is understood to be that of a young and dynamic cop, the website reported. If the report turns out to be true, it would not be the first time the actor would don such a role. In the past, Ajith had appeared as a police officer in the 2003 release "Anjaneya."
Regarding the film's leading lady, actress Anushka Shetty seems to be the front-runner to be paired opposite Ajith. Earlier, speculations were rife that the "Deiva Thirumagal" actress had opted out of the film, due to date issues. But now, it is being said that the actress is in talks for the female lead role in the film.
Similarly, talks are reportedly being held with AR Rahman to compose songs for the film. It might be recalled that the Oscar-winner had worked on the soundtracks for Gautham's "Vinnaithaandi Varuvaya" and is currently working on the director's upcoming project with Simbu.
"Thala 55" is expected to be finished on a quick note. It is being said that the film's shoot might get over by the end of July, and the team might eye Diwali 2014 to release the film. However, an official announcement on the big budget project is still awaited.
The film, produced by AM Ratnam, is one of the most-awaited films of 2014. Expectations are high on the film as Ajith is teaming up with Gautham for the first time.
"Thala" is riding a wave with back-to-back successful films "Arrambam" and "Veeram." Fans are eagerly waiting for their favourite star to hit a hat-trick with his new film, and considering it is a Gautham directorial, there is huge scope of achieving it.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- Ryan Gosling And Eva Mendes Gushes Over Newborn Daughter
- Nude Lady Gaga Turns Greek Goddess In A Sea Shell Bra And Pair Of Thongs: Shares Racy Photos From Her Bathroom
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Samsung SM-A500 (aka Wallet-Friendly Galaxy Alpha) Clears TENAA Revealing Images And Specs
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- 'ISIL Has To Be Defeated, Plain And Simple, End Of Story,' Sen. John Kerry
- Chinese Property Developer Flees To New Zealand After China Arrests Vice-Mayor For Corrupt Deals
- Amazon Announces 7 New Kindles: Upgraded Amazon 8.9-inch Kindle Fire HDX Available Now On Pre-order