‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 7 Episode 16 Spoilers: Why Did Sheldon Break up with Amy After Kissing Her?
By Keerthi Mohan | February 27, 2014 9:56 PM EST
The latest episode of “The Big Bang Theory” titled "The Table Polarization” is going to throw a shocker at viewers, as it is highly speculated that Sheldon will dump Amy in the episode.
Sheldon and Amy
This comes immediately after the couple reached an important milestone in their relationship. Sheldon and Amy shared an impromptu kiss in the previous episode aired early this month.
In the episode titled “The Locomotive Manipulation,” Sheldon and Amy go out to dinner to celebrate Valentine’s Day. There she confronts Sheldon, who is averse to any form of intimacy, about where their relationship is heading. The couple get into a fight after Sheldon accuses Amy of spending more time with a stranger, and in the heat of the moment, he kisses her.
“We knew we were going to do this Valentine's Day episode where Amy manages to get Sheldon to go up to Napa for the weekend by using the train as bait,” Steve Molaro, executive producer of the show, told Entertainment Weekly.
“And you know, their relationship is great, but I think there's only so much Amy can take. We do need to keep it moving forward even if it's in baby steps, and I was just feeling that it was time. She deserved a big win, and this seemed like a good way to get to it,” he added.
But Thursday’s episode will highlight the conflicts within Sheldon, who does not like the changes taking place in his life. He feels that dating Amy has caused his personality to change, and in a move to rectify that, Sheldon decides to terminate their relationship.
Online rumors indicate that Sheldon has second thoughts about Amy after Penny suggests that Sheldon and Leonard get a dining table for their apartment. Sheldon hates the idea, and the roommates start arguing. When Penny hints that Leonard should stand up to Sheldon and be more assertive, Sheldon accuses Penny of changing Leonard. Penny retorts that Sheldon too has changed since Amy has come into his life.
"I've allowed that woman to alter my personality!" Sheldon is seen saying in the promo. “Amy has made me more affectionate, open-minded person, and that stops now," he tells Penny and Leonard.
Sheldon is also seen negotiating a contract with Amy to terminate their relationship, but they seemingly patch up later. Mayim Bialik, who plays the role of Amy, hinted earlier that more kissing is in store for Amy and Sheldon.
Meanwhile, Howard tells the group that he wants to go to space again, but knowing that Bernadette will not be happy with the news, he cook up excuses to avoid being qualified for the program.
"The Big Bang Theory" airs every Thursday at 8 pm on CBS.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone
- iPhone 6 Plus Phablet Features Only 1 GB RAM