‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 7 Episode 16 Spoilers: Why Did Sheldon Break up with Amy After Kissing Her?
By Keerthi Mohan | February 27, 2014 9:56 PM EST
The latest episode of “The Big Bang Theory” titled "The Table Polarization” is going to throw a shocker at viewers, as it is highly speculated that Sheldon will dump Amy in the episode.
Sheldon and Amy
This comes immediately after the couple reached an important milestone in their relationship. Sheldon and Amy shared an impromptu kiss in the previous episode aired early this month.
In the episode titled “The Locomotive Manipulation,” Sheldon and Amy go out to dinner to celebrate Valentine’s Day. There she confronts Sheldon, who is averse to any form of intimacy, about where their relationship is heading. The couple get into a fight after Sheldon accuses Amy of spending more time with a stranger, and in the heat of the moment, he kisses her.
“We knew we were going to do this Valentine's Day episode where Amy manages to get Sheldon to go up to Napa for the weekend by using the train as bait,” Steve Molaro, executive producer of the show, told Entertainment Weekly.
“And you know, their relationship is great, but I think there's only so much Amy can take. We do need to keep it moving forward even if it's in baby steps, and I was just feeling that it was time. She deserved a big win, and this seemed like a good way to get to it,” he added.
But Thursday’s episode will highlight the conflicts within Sheldon, who does not like the changes taking place in his life. He feels that dating Amy has caused his personality to change, and in a move to rectify that, Sheldon decides to terminate their relationship.
Online rumors indicate that Sheldon has second thoughts about Amy after Penny suggests that Sheldon and Leonard get a dining table for their apartment. Sheldon hates the idea, and the roommates start arguing. When Penny hints that Leonard should stand up to Sheldon and be more assertive, Sheldon accuses Penny of changing Leonard. Penny retorts that Sheldon too has changed since Amy has come into his life.
"I've allowed that woman to alter my personality!" Sheldon is seen saying in the promo. “Amy has made me more affectionate, open-minded person, and that stops now," he tells Penny and Leonard.
Sheldon is also seen negotiating a contract with Amy to terminate their relationship, but they seemingly patch up later. Mayim Bialik, who plays the role of Amy, hinted earlier that more kissing is in store for Amy and Sheldon.
Meanwhile, Howard tells the group that he wants to go to space again, but knowing that Bernadette will not be happy with the news, he cook up excuses to avoid being qualified for the program.
"The Big Bang Theory" airs every Thursday at 8 pm on CBS.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe