Battlefield 4 Releases New Update for PC and Xbox One Platforms, Complete Changelog; Platoons Being Introduced
By Aditya Bhat | February 27, 2014 8:58 PM EST
DICE, the developer of the problematic FPS title, Battlefield 4 has released updates for the PC and Xbox One edition of the game, which promises to bring in improvement to general stability, fixes the sound loop crash issue and improves the Mantle performance.
DICE brings in this update that fixes the problem of the sound loop crash, which was creating a freeze in the gameplay and did not allow players to shoot when they were in the gunner position of a vehicle. This update will also fix the headshot icon that was appearing at kills that were non-headshot death like suicide and explosions. It will also fix issues with Mantle that improves its stability.
The Xbox One update brings in fixes for bugs that was causing the game to crash, missing grass physics fixed and issue related to kill cards. Draw messages and dog tags have been also been addressed.
Below is the complete Changelog for the Battlefield 4 Update for PC version (Battlelog):
- Fix for the so called "sound loop crash" issue that caused the game to freeze
- Fix for an issue that sometimes prevented players from shooting while in the gunner position of a vehicle
- Fix for the headshot icon appearing incorrectly at non-headshot deaths, such as suicide or dying of an explosion
- General stability improvements
- General stability and performance improvements
- Fix for an issue that caused the sky/fog to be either too bright or too dark when Mantle was used
- Added on-screen video memory utilization statistics with "Render.DrawScreenInfo"
Complete Changelog for Xbox One Update (Battlelog):
- Fix for an issue where spawning into, or switching to, a gunner seat in an IFV/MBT sometimes could cause the game to crash
- Fix for a crash that could occur when signing out as an active user
- Fix for missing sound in Team/Squad Deathmatch
- Fix for an issue in the Defuse game mode, where a bomb carrier would be permanently spotted
- Decreased the rate at which the kill card would incorrectly display 0 health, while the enemy was clearly alive
- Fix for an invisible wall that was incorrectly present in one of the fallen concrete pipes on Zavod 311
- Fix for an issue where bullet impact sounds weren't properly matching the actual number of impacts, causing the players to feel that they died too quickly.
- Fix for an issue where the "Draw" message would not display on-screen once a Conquest round ended with both teams having the same amount of tickets
- Fix for an issue where long IDs wouldn't scroll on dog tags
- Fix for missing grass physics in terrain
- Fix for an issue that would appear if a 10 users party would join a game with 8 available slots, leaving 2 of the players stuck on the loading screen
- Fix for an issue where the player camera would be positioned inside of the soldier when parachute spawning
- Fix for a MAV exploit that let players reach various out-of-map locations
Introduction of Platoons
According to a post in Battlefield blog, players of the game will be starting to assemble in Platoons starting from 27 February.
Some of the features of the Platoons are as follows:
- The ability to create and join a Platoon for up to 100 members.
- Basic Platoon management such as inviting, applying, and promoting/demoting members.
- A private and public Platoon feed, where you can communicate and coordinate.
- A Platoon emblem and tag that all members can easily apply.
- The ability to earn stats for your Platoon and rank it up, and see all the matches you played together.
Platoons will have various customization options where players can give a proper
- Platoon name
- Four character tag
- Platoon emblem design
- Platoon presentation test
- Platoon website address
Platoon will have a new progression and stats system, where four players of the same Platoon will be playing together in the same round. The stats will be averaged or it will be accumulated and then applied to the Platoon. This will earn your Platoon scores and it will rank up. Other stats that will be shown in your Platoon are Kill/Death Ratio, Score per Minute and Skill.
Players need to communicate via feed (public and private section available) with their Platoon members. Anyone can join a Platoon irrespective of the platform they play Battlefield 4 on.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Out There To Save His Two Favourite Ladies In Mid-season Finale
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Update Version 1.1, Eon Ticket And Delta Episode Info Appear
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change