Samsung unveiled its Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone at the Mobile World Congress 2014 last February 24. While the market was pleased to see the product finally, there are also those who wondered why the Korean tech giant showed a Qualcomm-based model only. Previous reports noted that Samsung will be releasing an Exynos version as well. It was not just a rumor.
Samsung did intend to release an Exyno-based Samsung Galaxy S5 device. The company confirmed that it will be releasing an octo-core variant of the Galaxy S5. The Korean tech giant has posted an infograph detailing the profession of its Galaxy S devices - from Galaxy S to the latest Galaxy S5.
The chart provides an overview about the battery life, screen sizes and dimensions. For Galaxy S5, Samsung lists down the 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm processor. Along with this, the company has also shown the 2.1 GHz octa-core variant. The company did not disclose if there another chipmaker at work. Analysts believe it will likely have an Exynos brand.
Other specs of the Samsung Galaxy S5 include:
- Display: 5.1" FHD Super AMOLED (1920 x 1080), 432 ppi
- Network: LTE Cat.4 (150/50Mbps)
- Dimension: 142.0 x 72.5 x 8.1mm, 145g
- OS: Android 4.4.2 (Kitkat)
- Memory: RAM : 2GB
16/32GB User Memory + microSD slot (up to 128GB)
- Connectivity: WiFi : 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac HT80, MIMO(2x2), Download Booster (LTE + WiFi simultaneous reception), NFC, Bluetooth®: 4.0 BLE / ANT+, USB 3.0, IR Remote
- Camera: Main(Rear) : 16MP (1/2.6", Phase Detection AF), Sub (Front) : 2.0MP (1920 x 1080, Wide-angle lens )
- Camera Features: HDR (Rich tone), Selective Focus, Virtual Tour Shot
- Battery: 2800mAh, Standby time : 390 hrs (LTE) / Talk time: 21 hrs (WCDMA)
- Sensor: Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass, Barometer, Hall, RGB ambient light, Gesture, Fingerprint, Heart Rate Sensor
Additional features include: IP67 certificated Dust & Water Resistant, Emergency Mode, Ultra Power Saving Mode, S Health, Quick Connect, Private Mode and Kids Mode. Samsung also include the following Google Mobile Services: Chrome, Drive, Photos, Gmail, Google, Google+, Google Settings, Hangouts, Maps, Play Books, Play Games, Play Newsstand, Play Movie & TV, Play Music, Play Store, Voice Search and YouTube.
To contact the editor, e-mail: