Samsung Galaxy S5 Octo-Core Variant Confirmed: Samsung Announces Progression of Galaxy S5 Smartphone
By Precious Silva | February 27, 2014 8:13 PM EST
Samsung unveiled its Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone at the Mobile World Congress 2014 last February 24. While the market was pleased to see the product finally, there are also those who wondered why the Korean tech giant showed a Qualcomm-based model only. Previous reports noted that Samsung will be releasing an Exynos version as well. It was not just a rumor.
A new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone is displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
Samsung did intend to release an Exyno-based Samsung Galaxy S5 device. The company confirmed that it will be releasing an octo-core variant of the Galaxy S5. The Korean tech giant has posted an infograph detailing the profession of its Galaxy S devices - from Galaxy S to the latest Galaxy S5.
The chart provides an overview about the battery life, screen sizes and dimensions. For Galaxy S5, Samsung lists down the 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm processor. Along with this, the company has also shown the 2.1 GHz octa-core variant. The company did not disclose if there another chipmaker at work. Analysts believe it will likely have an Exynos brand.
Other specs of the Samsung Galaxy S5 include:
- Display: 5.1" FHD Super AMOLED (1920 x 1080), 432 ppi
- Network: LTE Cat.4 (150/50Mbps)
- Dimension: 142.0 x 72.5 x 8.1mm, 145g
- OS: Android 4.4.2 (Kitkat)
- Memory: RAM : 2GB
16/32GB User Memory + microSD slot (up to 128GB)
- Connectivity: WiFi : 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac HT80, MIMO(2x2), Download Booster (LTE + WiFi simultaneous reception), NFC, Bluetooth®: 4.0 BLE / ANT+, USB 3.0, IR Remote
- Camera: Main(Rear) : 16MP (1/2.6", Phase Detection AF), Sub (Front) : 2.0MP (1920 x 1080, Wide-angle lens )
- Camera Features: HDR (Rich tone), Selective Focus, Virtual Tour Shot
- Battery: 2800mAh, Standby time : 390 hrs (LTE) / Talk time: 21 hrs (WCDMA)
- Sensor: Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass, Barometer, Hall, RGB ambient light, Gesture, Fingerprint, Heart Rate Sensor
Additional features include: IP67 certificated Dust & Water Resistant, Emergency Mode, Ultra Power Saving Mode, S Health, Quick Connect, Private Mode and Kids Mode. Samsung also include the following Google Mobile Services: Chrome, Drive, Photos, Gmail, Google, Google+, Google Settings, Hangouts, Maps, Play Books, Play Games, Play Newsstand, Play Movie & TV, Play Music, Play Store, Voice Search and YouTube.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change