iPad Air 'Best Mobile Tablet', HTC One 'Best Smartphone' at MWC 2014
By Karla Danica Figuerres | February 27, 2014 8:12 PM EST
The annual Mobile World Congress held at Barcelona, Spain for the last couple of days was a revered event organised by the GSM Association where tech giants like LG, Sony and Samsung introduce their latest tech in front of the world's press. Apart from that, the MWC hosts the Global Mobile Awards which filter and award the best devices of the last 12 months.
The Taiwanese tech giant will leave the event with its head held high after being given the "Best Smartphone" award. The HTC One competed with the Apple iPhone 5s, Nokia Lumia 1020 and LG G2 smartphones. The panel of judges were made up of more than 175 individuals from various industries. HTC One is the successor of the Samsung Galaxy S3 as last year's best smartphone because it "remained one of the most advanced smartphones throughout 2013. Its great design and excellent user interface continue to provide a differentiated user experience, standing out from the competition," according to the panel of judges.
Throughout 2013, the HTC One remained one of the most advanced smartphones in the market. The excellent UI, great design and different user experience are the competitive advantages of the HTC One in the competition.
On the other hand, the Cupertino tech giant bagged the "Best Mobile Tablet" award with its iPad Air. The 9.7 inches lightest tablet in the world competed against the second-generation iPad Mini, Sony Xperia Tablet Z and the Google Nexus 7. The iPad Air grabbed the award from last year's winner, the ASUS Nexus 7. According to the panel of judges, the iPad Air won because of its "class-leading performance in an attractive and svelte frame, while its ecosystem has an undisputed advantage in the number of format-optimized apps."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery