Mobile Phones Banned on Sets of Shah Rukh Khan Starrer ‘Happy New Year’
By Ankita Mehta | February 27, 2014 8:07 PM EST
Farah Khan's film "Happy New Year," which is just in the production stage, is already making headlines.
Happy New Year first poster [Twitter/SonuSood]
Apparently, the makers of the Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone starrer have banned the usage of mobile phones on the set.
The producers have banned phones on the sets to make sure that the film's look and stills are not leaked online. According to the reports, some film stills were posted online earlier, which prompted the makers to take this action.
Few background dancers were called for the shoot and they clicked photographs of the actors, which were posted online.
"Some background dancers had been called from outside and they clicked some pictures. This upset the producers as they don't want to reveal the film's look at this juncture. They have now banned the use of cell phones on the sets of the film. In fact, this ban was announced earlier on, but the makers are stricter about it now," Mid-Day quoted a source as saying.
Also, the makers had to increase the security on the sets of "Happy New Year" when Shah Rukh and Deepika came for shooting.
"The film's shoot at a Mumbai studio started off smoothly, but when word spread that Shah Rukh and Deepika were shooting together, the burgeoning crowd meant that extra security had to be summoned to control the situation," the source added.
"Happy New Year" is one of Farah Khan's most ambitious projects. In 2005, she announced the plan to make this film, but unfortunately it got postponed. Now, since the project is in the production stage and has already created a lot of buzz, the makers don't want to take any risk by letting the stills go online.
The film which is set to release on 24 October also features Abhishek Bachchan, Sonu Sood and Boman Irani in lead roles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Kaley Cuoco Says ‘Season 8 Here We Come’ In Instagram Video, Sports Pixie Haircut
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop