Mobile Phones Banned on Sets of Shah Rukh Khan Starrer ‘Happy New Year’
By Ankita Mehta | February 27, 2014 8:07 PM EST
Farah Khan's film "Happy New Year," which is just in the production stage, is already making headlines.
Happy New Year first poster [Twitter/SonuSood]
Apparently, the makers of the Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone starrer have banned the usage of mobile phones on the set.
The producers have banned phones on the sets to make sure that the film's look and stills are not leaked online. According to the reports, some film stills were posted online earlier, which prompted the makers to take this action.
Few background dancers were called for the shoot and they clicked photographs of the actors, which were posted online.
"Some background dancers had been called from outside and they clicked some pictures. This upset the producers as they don't want to reveal the film's look at this juncture. They have now banned the use of cell phones on the sets of the film. In fact, this ban was announced earlier on, but the makers are stricter about it now," Mid-Day quoted a source as saying.
Also, the makers had to increase the security on the sets of "Happy New Year" when Shah Rukh and Deepika came for shooting.
"The film's shoot at a Mumbai studio started off smoothly, but when word spread that Shah Rukh and Deepika were shooting together, the burgeoning crowd meant that extra security had to be summoned to control the situation," the source added.
"Happy New Year" is one of Farah Khan's most ambitious projects. In 2005, she announced the plan to make this film, but unfortunately it got postponed. Now, since the project is in the production stage and has already created a lot of buzz, the makers don't want to take any risk by letting the stills go online.
The film which is set to release on 24 October also features Abhishek Bachchan, Sonu Sood and Boman Irani in lead roles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage