Mobile Phones Banned on Sets of Shah Rukh Khan Starrer ‘Happy New Year’
By Ankita Mehta | February 27, 2014 8:07 PM EST
Farah Khan's film "Happy New Year," which is just in the production stage, is already making headlines.
Happy New Year first poster [Twitter/SonuSood]
Apparently, the makers of the Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone starrer have banned the usage of mobile phones on the set.
The producers have banned phones on the sets to make sure that the film's look and stills are not leaked online. According to the reports, some film stills were posted online earlier, which prompted the makers to take this action.
Few background dancers were called for the shoot and they clicked photographs of the actors, which were posted online.
"Some background dancers had been called from outside and they clicked some pictures. This upset the producers as they don't want to reveal the film's look at this juncture. They have now banned the use of cell phones on the sets of the film. In fact, this ban was announced earlier on, but the makers are stricter about it now," Mid-Day quoted a source as saying.
Also, the makers had to increase the security on the sets of "Happy New Year" when Shah Rukh and Deepika came for shooting.
"The film's shoot at a Mumbai studio started off smoothly, but when word spread that Shah Rukh and Deepika were shooting together, the burgeoning crowd meant that extra security had to be summoned to control the situation," the source added.
"Happy New Year" is one of Farah Khan's most ambitious projects. In 2005, she announced the plan to make this film, but unfortunately it got postponed. Now, since the project is in the production stage and has already created a lot of buzz, the makers don't want to take any risk by letting the stills go online.
The film which is set to release on 24 October also features Abhishek Bachchan, Sonu Sood and Boman Irani in lead roles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’