Mobile Phones Banned on Sets of Shah Rukh Khan Starrer ‘Happy New Year’
By Ankita Mehta | February 27, 2014 8:07 PM EST
Farah Khan's film "Happy New Year," which is just in the production stage, is already making headlines.
Happy New Year first poster [Twitter/SonuSood]
Apparently, the makers of the Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone starrer have banned the usage of mobile phones on the set.
The producers have banned phones on the sets to make sure that the film's look and stills are not leaked online. According to the reports, some film stills were posted online earlier, which prompted the makers to take this action.
Few background dancers were called for the shoot and they clicked photographs of the actors, which were posted online.
"Some background dancers had been called from outside and they clicked some pictures. This upset the producers as they don't want to reveal the film's look at this juncture. They have now banned the use of cell phones on the sets of the film. In fact, this ban was announced earlier on, but the makers are stricter about it now," Mid-Day quoted a source as saying.
Also, the makers had to increase the security on the sets of "Happy New Year" when Shah Rukh and Deepika came for shooting.
"The film's shoot at a Mumbai studio started off smoothly, but when word spread that Shah Rukh and Deepika were shooting together, the burgeoning crowd meant that extra security had to be summoned to control the situation," the source added.
"Happy New Year" is one of Farah Khan's most ambitious projects. In 2005, she announced the plan to make this film, but unfortunately it got postponed. Now, since the project is in the production stage and has already created a lot of buzz, the makers don't want to take any risk by letting the stills go online.
The film which is set to release on 24 October also features Abhishek Bachchan, Sonu Sood and Boman Irani in lead roles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers for July 31, 2014: Plans, Conditions and Ultimatums in B&B [WATCH VIDEO]
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- The Bachelor Australia: Tim, Anna Relationship Update
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools