Mobile Phones Banned on Sets of Shah Rukh Khan Starrer ‘Happy New Year’
By Ankita Mehta | February 27, 2014 8:07 PM EST
Farah Khan's film "Happy New Year," which is just in the production stage, is already making headlines.
Happy New Year first poster [Twitter/SonuSood]
Apparently, the makers of the Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone starrer have banned the usage of mobile phones on the set.
The producers have banned phones on the sets to make sure that the film's look and stills are not leaked online. According to the reports, some film stills were posted online earlier, which prompted the makers to take this action.
Few background dancers were called for the shoot and they clicked photographs of the actors, which were posted online.
"Some background dancers had been called from outside and they clicked some pictures. This upset the producers as they don't want to reveal the film's look at this juncture. They have now banned the use of cell phones on the sets of the film. In fact, this ban was announced earlier on, but the makers are stricter about it now," Mid-Day quoted a source as saying.
Also, the makers had to increase the security on the sets of "Happy New Year" when Shah Rukh and Deepika came for shooting.
"The film's shoot at a Mumbai studio started off smoothly, but when word spread that Shah Rukh and Deepika were shooting together, the burgeoning crowd meant that extra security had to be summoned to control the situation," the source added.
"Happy New Year" is one of Farah Khan's most ambitious projects. In 2005, she announced the plan to make this film, but unfortunately it got postponed. Now, since the project is in the production stage and has already created a lot of buzz, the makers don't want to take any risk by letting the stills go online.
The film which is set to release on 24 October also features Abhishek Bachchan, Sonu Sood and Boman Irani in lead roles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown