Samsung Galaxy S5 Release Date in April 11, SIM-Free Available for Pre-Orders for $996
By Karla Danica Figuerres | February 27, 2014 8:02 PM EST
The Samsung Galaxy S5 will hit the shelves in April 11 on major retailers in almost 150 countries all over the world.
The new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone is displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
Unlocked Mobiles has become the first retailer to accept pre-orders for the Samsung Galaxy S5 with the asking price £599.98 or $996 for the 16GB Samsung Galaxy S5. Notably so, the price of the Samsung Galaxy S5 is the same price as the Samsung Galaxy S4 at launch and ETA is expected in April 11. Free next-day delivery with bundled insurance is promised by the retailer as well.
UK mobile operators were quick to reveal that they will be selling the Samsung Galaxy S5 along with EE, O2m Three, Virgin Media and Vodafone that revealed plans to sell the smartphone as well. Thus far, there are no official announcements about the price just yet but it is likely that the Samsung Galaxy S5 will be around £35 per month on two year contracts.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 appears to be an incremental update of the Galaxy S4 with some additional features that will attract punters. It is packed with killer features like the heart rate monitor, fingerprint sensor and Download Booster technology that combines LTE and WiFi connectivity.
Basically, the new flagship smartphone from the South Korean tech giant sports minimal specs upgrade with the 5.2 inches HD 1080p resolution display, 16MP sensor rear camera, quad-core 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor and 2900mAh battery.
One notable improvement of the Samsung Galaxy S5 over its predecessor is its IP67 certification to make it dust-proof and water-resistant. Furthermore, the Samsung delivers a custom interface not to mention the Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS, upgraded version of the Samsung Knox security and new fitness apps.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 offers a wide range of colour choices as it will be available in four different colours namely gold, black, white, and blue.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles