Samsung Galaxy S5 vs (Rumoured) HTC One 2: Buy S5 Now or Wait?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 27, 2014 7:58 PM EST
Glamor red HTC One is now available in the UK.
HTC One 2 will be unveiled on Mar. 25 at a separate launch event after the company purposely skipped the Mobile World Congress to announce its next flagship smartphone. However, many consumers are already mulling whether they should grab the newly released Samsung Galaxy S5 or wait for another Android smartphone - HTC One 2.
In its tweet ahead the S5 launch, HTC said that consumers who decided to buy Samsung Galaxy S5 will have a buyer's remorse on Mar. 25 - the date HTC One 2 will be launched. Moreover, the tweet has a hashtag of #HTCOneUp, which suggested that the handset will be named HTC One Up. It was previously reported that HTC One 2 will be named HTC M8 or All New HTC One.
Below is the comparison between Samsung Galaxy S5 and HTC One 2.
Design - To the dismay of many Samsung fans, the Galaxy S5 skipped the heavily rumoured metal casing and retained the usual plastic casing. HTC One 2, on the other hand, was speculated to retain the metal casing the HTC the handset was known for.
Screen Display - Samsung Galaxy S5 packed a 5.1-inch screen display with a full HD 1080p resolution at 430 pixels-per-inch (ppi). Meanwhile, HTC One 2 was rumoured to pack a 4.7-inch screen to a full 5-inches. According to reports, HTC One 2 will retain a full HD 1080p resolution.
Processor - Samsung Galaxy S5 was powered by a Qualcomm's Snapdragon 801 quad-core chip with 64-bit architecture. It was speculated that HTC One 2 will also pack the same chipset.
Operating System - Samsung Galaxy S5 runs with the latest 4.4.2 version of Kitkat. HTC One 2 will also run with the same version of Android OS.
Camera - Samsung Galaxy S5 boasted a 16MP camera at the back as well as 2MP camera in front. HTC One was known for its Ultrapixels camera and rumours claimed that its successor will pack 8 Ultrapixels.
Other Features - Both handsets will have fingerprint sensors for added security. Samsung Galaxy S5 has an additional heart rate sensor that measures the heart rate of users by simply scanning their finger on the front facing camera. Moreover, the Galaxy S5 is waterproof and dustproof.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide