Pacquiao Enraged About Bradley’s Claim That He Lacks Killer Instinct
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 27, 2014 6:52 PM EST
Manny Pacquiao has had it with Timothy Bradley's criticisms.
Pacquiao and Bradley are keeping themselves busy with their respective training camps as the rematch between the two great fighters looms closer. Currently, Pacquiao is in the Philippines for the first leg of his training in preparation for the forthcoming April 12 fight. According to Pacquiao's assistant trainer Buboy Fernandez, the Filipino boxer is enraged about the insults reportedly coming from Bradley's camp.
Manny Pacquiao will face Tim Bradley on April 12
Can Timothy Bradley Walk Away with a Convincing Victory? Manny Pacquiao Eyeing for Knockout in the Rematch
Fernandez did not state the exact criticisms and counterblasts that Pacquiao is getting angry about, but according to a local Philippine newspaper, the Filipino boxer's frustrations might be linked to Bradley's claims that he had lost his killer instinct.
During a press conference held in Manhattan, New York, on Feb 6, as reported by the New York Daily News, Bradley said that Pacquiao is no longer the vicious fighter that he once was. He said that Pacquiao is a nice person, a very humble and a spiritual one. "But, I don't think he has the killer instinct, I don't think he has that fire in him, I really don't," said Bradley.
Apparently, all the trash talks and insults are now getting on to Pacquiao's nerves. He said that Pacquiao has been working and training so hard, preparing for the fight, but he is just annoyed how Bradley and his camp keep talking about his allegedly lacking aggressiveness now.
"Manny is mad about all the rumours that he hear," said Fernandez. "Aside from winning the World Boxing Organization (WBO) title, he wants a sweeter revenge because of all the things he hear from Bradley and his camp," he added. Fernandez went on and said that, "When Pacquiao is mad, something bad is sure to happen to his rival."
Roach is anticipated to arrive in the Philippines any time soon and when he does, Pacquiao will move on to the second stage of his training. "We did what we're supposed to do, prepare Manny for an expected rigorous regimen that Coach Freddie will implement."
Pacquiao had already sparred with undefeated Lydell Rhodes, who had all praises for the eight-division world champion. "He's a complete fighter, he has the speed, power, and brain," Rhodes said via The Inquirer. "He is so fast, I couldn't see where his punches came from," he added. Rhodes stated that Pacquiao can still knock out opponents with his punches.
Bradley, on the other hand, has also started his training camp. He is ahead of schedule with a little over six weeks left before the big date of their rematch, Fight Hype reported. Bradley said that he is planning to spend eight weeks in training, which is four weeks less than the training he did when they fought for the first time.
I'm feeling great, I'm ahead of schedule right now, I'm not killing my body," Bradley said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group A Preview, Prediction, Roster, Schedule: Spain and Brazil To Clinch Top 2 Spots, France, Serbia, And Iran To Battle For Remaining Slots
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Team Preview: Puerto Rico Roster, Key Players And Schedule
- Kevin Love Tells Minnesota Timberwolves Owner Glen Taylor To Mind His Own Team
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- UEFA Champions League Draw: Schedule, TV and Live Stream Information
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique