Pacquiao Enraged About Bradley’s Claim That He Lacks Killer Instinct
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 27, 2014 6:52 PM EST
Manny Pacquiao has had it with Timothy Bradley's criticisms.
Pacquiao and Bradley are keeping themselves busy with their respective training camps as the rematch between the two great fighters looms closer. Currently, Pacquiao is in the Philippines for the first leg of his training in preparation for the forthcoming April 12 fight. According to Pacquiao's assistant trainer Buboy Fernandez, the Filipino boxer is enraged about the insults reportedly coming from Bradley's camp.
Manny Pacquiao will face Tim Bradley on April 12
Can Timothy Bradley Walk Away with a Convincing Victory? Manny Pacquiao Eyeing for Knockout in the Rematch
Fernandez did not state the exact criticisms and counterblasts that Pacquiao is getting angry about, but according to a local Philippine newspaper, the Filipino boxer's frustrations might be linked to Bradley's claims that he had lost his killer instinct.
During a press conference held in Manhattan, New York, on Feb 6, as reported by the New York Daily News, Bradley said that Pacquiao is no longer the vicious fighter that he once was. He said that Pacquiao is a nice person, a very humble and a spiritual one. "But, I don't think he has the killer instinct, I don't think he has that fire in him, I really don't," said Bradley.
Apparently, all the trash talks and insults are now getting on to Pacquiao's nerves. He said that Pacquiao has been working and training so hard, preparing for the fight, but he is just annoyed how Bradley and his camp keep talking about his allegedly lacking aggressiveness now.
"Manny is mad about all the rumours that he hear," said Fernandez. "Aside from winning the World Boxing Organization (WBO) title, he wants a sweeter revenge because of all the things he hear from Bradley and his camp," he added. Fernandez went on and said that, "When Pacquiao is mad, something bad is sure to happen to his rival."
Roach is anticipated to arrive in the Philippines any time soon and when he does, Pacquiao will move on to the second stage of his training. "We did what we're supposed to do, prepare Manny for an expected rigorous regimen that Coach Freddie will implement."
Pacquiao had already sparred with undefeated Lydell Rhodes, who had all praises for the eight-division world champion. "He's a complete fighter, he has the speed, power, and brain," Rhodes said via The Inquirer. "He is so fast, I couldn't see where his punches came from," he added. Rhodes stated that Pacquiao can still knock out opponents with his punches.
Bradley, on the other hand, has also started his training camp. He is ahead of schedule with a little over six weeks left before the big date of their rematch, Fight Hype reported. Bradley said that he is planning to spend eight weeks in training, which is four weeks less than the training he did when they fought for the first time.
I'm feeling great, I'm ahead of schedule right now, I'm not killing my body," Bradley said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report