Academy Fans Can Now Join Their Favourite Celebrities on Oscars Red Carpet via Twitter
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | February 27, 2014 6:42 PM EST
The fans of the Academy Awards will now be able to see themselves right next to their favourite star on the red carpet at the Oscars on March 2, 2014 on ABC. The opportunity comes for the first time via Twitter for Oscar enthusiasts who will be glued to the ABC broadcast of "Oscars Red Carpet Live" on Sunday.
To avail of the opportunity, you have to follow @TheAcademy on Twitter first. Then you have to post a "red carpet-ready" photo of yours on Twitter itself with the hashtag #MyOscarPhoto. This will make you eligible to be featured on the red carpet. Additionally, you can tag your favourite Oscar celebrity who will help you feature beside the celebrity of your choice. On the other hand, you have to sign an online release first to be eligible for the entire opportunity.
— The Academy (@TheAcademy) February 27, 2014
The announcement came a few hours back from the official Twitter account of the Academy Awards. Josh Spector, managing director of digital media and marketing, said that it would be an "once-in-a-lifetime" opportunity for any fan to take part in the exciting experience of the Oscars red carpet. He said that the Academy Awards authorities thought it would be "a lot of fun" when they would be allowed to see their photo on the red carpet. Additionally, they will also be able to see which celebrity poses along with them, he said.
Twitter's Television Partnership Manager Andrew Adashek said that the Academy had been one among the most "innovative partners" for a long time. The Oscars have always been "social," he said. Mr Adashek also said that they were excited to find The Oscars authorities make their Twitter connection with fans stronger through such an exciting opportunity.
A technology developed by Livefyre is going to be used to provide the fans with #MyOscarPhoto experience. The technology happens to be the first of its kind. It uses Twitter media to make a moment even more special.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Vivo Rumoured To Be Building World’s Thinnest Smartphone With 3.8 MM Thickness