NBA Rumors: Carmelo Anthony with Miami Heat Possible; Melo To Join LeBron James, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh in South Beach?
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 27, 2014 6:19 PM EST
The Miami Heat could form one of the most fearsome foursome ever assembled in the NBA, if they are successful in pursuing Carmelo Anthony to join fellow All-Stars Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade and LeBron James in South Beach.
NBA: Portland Trail Blazers at New York Knicks
Basketball Insiders writer Steve Kyler brought up the possibility of a reunion among the best crops of the 2003 Draft class. Anthony, who was picked after James (Cleveland Cavaliers and a guy named Darko Milicic (Detroit Pistons in that year, has become one of the most potent scorers in the league over the past few years.
However, despite his individual success, Anthony is still struggling to power the Knickerbockers to championship status, as inconsistency and off-the court issues continued to mar New York's campaign this season.
In fact, Anthony has been on a tear of late as he reached the 40-point mark three time in his last four games, though the Knicks won just once in those games. One of the losses was a heartbreaking 110-108 loss to Dirk Nowitzki and the Dallas Mavericks last Sunday.
"Anthony has topped 40 a remarkable three times in his last four games, scoring "just" 35 points on his down night He is averaging 27.2 points, 8.7 rebounds and 3.0 assists while playing 38.9 minutes per game in 51 appearances," CBS Sports reported.
Anthony also admitted frustration is already getting into his mind, stressing the team hasn't learned from these tough losses.
"It's starting to get tough to handle. It's definitely testing me. The frustration has definitely sunk in, just from the simple fact we're losing games the same way over and over and we're just not learning from that," Anthony said.
Kyler believed the Heat has a shot at pulling off another behemoth deal by signing Anthony this summer. With James, Wade and Bosh likely to opt out from their current deal, the Heat will have enough room to re-sign the power trio and add Anthony in the mix.
"The Miami HEAT have just $2.038 million in guaranteed contracts next summer. All three of Miami's major stars can opt out and create massive flexibility for Miami, not only in re-setting the luxury tax clock for the HEAT to continue their run at championships, but making it possible for Miami to make a run at Anthony. Depending on what each is willing to re-sign for, the HEAT could have anywhere between $57 and $60 million to work with in free agency," Kyler stated.
According to several NBA analysts, Anthony can be lured by the chance to win a championship with his fellow All-Star friends, despite losing a large portion of his paycheck.
"Leaving New York means Carmelo Anthony will have to take less than the maximum contract. He needs to take less to join an injured Rose and Joakim Noah with the Bulls. He needs to take less to join a 35 year old Kobe Bryant and an unnamed cast with the Lakers. He will also take less to join Howard and Harden in Houston. None of these three teams can guarantee Melo a championship the way a Miami Heat "Big 4" can," KPopStarz reported.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- American Heavyweight Boxer Amir Mansour Says It’s Disrespectful For 50 Cent To Take Jabs At Floyd Mayweather On Social Media
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- Emmys 2014 Projected Winners: Betting Odds Favour “Orange is the New Black”, “Breaking Bad”
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza