'RHOA" Scandal: Secret Criminal Past of NeNe Leakes' Pal Revealed [PHOTOS]
By Vanessa Francisco | February 27, 2014 5:58 PM EST
Everyone was shocked when "Real Housewives of Atlanta" star Marlo Hampton tossed a water bottle at NeNe Leakes on last Sunday's RHOA episode. It appears that her violent outbursts are not unusual as RadarOnline discovered that the Florida native actually has quite a criminal record, being arrested at least seven times in the past. Leakes aided in shedding light on Hampton's criminal past.
According to reports, Hampton was first arrested on May 26, 1999 when she was only 23 years old. She was charged with a first degree felony of "aggravated battery or great bodily harm." Hampton allegedly slashed her friend's face using a knife and even disfigured her because of a man. She was reportedly released on the same day for a $5,000 bond.
After a couple of months, Hampton served time on Sept. 28, 1999 for the conviction of her aggravated battery felony. She served four months in prison and was released on Jan. 28 the following year. Over the next few years, Hampton was charged of four parole violation arrests and was arrested again on June 19, 2000, serving 111 days in jail for unspecified violation of her parole. On Feb. 14, 2001, Hampton was yet again arrested for violating her parole, serving six days in prison.
Aside from her battery felony, she was also arrested on Sept. 9, 2002 for "Obtaining Property or Services in Return for Worthless Checks, Drafts or Debit Card Orders Under $150." She was released the next day for a $1,000 bond.
On Dec. 4, 2002, Hampton was arrested and charged with illegal possession of firearm, to which she served nine days in jail for. The following year on July 28, 2003, she was back in jail for 30 days for unspecified parole violation for her previous aggravated battery felony.
"Marlo showed her street side that everyone is talking about," Leakes wrote about her former best friend's criminal past in view of the incident last Sunday. "You can put lipstick on a pig but it still is a pig!"
Marlo defended herself saying, "I am saddened and shocked to hear about the false accusations and recent distortions of events disseminated over a fight I was involved in more than a dozen years ago. I was in my twenties and what happened after an argument over the phone. As disturbing as carrying a weapon may seem, it was common in the environment I was raised in and not only I but also the person involved in the fight had weapons to protect ourselves," Hampton explained. "Her knife dropped. Mine did not."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family