'RHOA" Scandal: Secret Criminal Past of NeNe Leakes' Pal Revealed [PHOTOS]
By Vanessa Francisco | February 27, 2014 5:58 PM EST
Everyone was shocked when "Real Housewives of Atlanta" star Marlo Hampton tossed a water bottle at NeNe Leakes on last Sunday's RHOA episode. It appears that her violent outbursts are not unusual as RadarOnline discovered that the Florida native actually has quite a criminal record, being arrested at least seven times in the past. Leakes aided in shedding light on Hampton's criminal past.
According to reports, Hampton was first arrested on May 26, 1999 when she was only 23 years old. She was charged with a first degree felony of "aggravated battery or great bodily harm." Hampton allegedly slashed her friend's face using a knife and even disfigured her because of a man. She was reportedly released on the same day for a $5,000 bond.
After a couple of months, Hampton served time on Sept. 28, 1999 for the conviction of her aggravated battery felony. She served four months in prison and was released on Jan. 28 the following year. Over the next few years, Hampton was charged of four parole violation arrests and was arrested again on June 19, 2000, serving 111 days in jail for unspecified violation of her parole. On Feb. 14, 2001, Hampton was yet again arrested for violating her parole, serving six days in prison.
Aside from her battery felony, she was also arrested on Sept. 9, 2002 for "Obtaining Property or Services in Return for Worthless Checks, Drafts or Debit Card Orders Under $150." She was released the next day for a $1,000 bond.
On Dec. 4, 2002, Hampton was arrested and charged with illegal possession of firearm, to which she served nine days in jail for. The following year on July 28, 2003, she was back in jail for 30 days for unspecified parole violation for her previous aggravated battery felony.
"Marlo showed her street side that everyone is talking about," Leakes wrote about her former best friend's criminal past in view of the incident last Sunday. "You can put lipstick on a pig but it still is a pig!"
Marlo defended herself saying, "I am saddened and shocked to hear about the false accusations and recent distortions of events disseminated over a fight I was involved in more than a dozen years ago. I was in my twenties and what happened after an argument over the phone. As disturbing as carrying a weapon may seem, it was common in the environment I was raised in and not only I but also the person involved in the fight had weapons to protect ourselves," Hampton explained. "Her knife dropped. Mine did not."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People