'RHOA" Scandal: Secret Criminal Past of NeNe Leakes' Pal Revealed [PHOTOS]
By Vanessa Francisco | February 27, 2014 5:58 PM EST
Everyone was shocked when "Real Housewives of Atlanta" star Marlo Hampton tossed a water bottle at NeNe Leakes on last Sunday's RHOA episode. It appears that her violent outbursts are not unusual as RadarOnline discovered that the Florida native actually has quite a criminal record, being arrested at least seven times in the past. Leakes aided in shedding light on Hampton's criminal past.
According to reports, Hampton was first arrested on May 26, 1999 when she was only 23 years old. She was charged with a first degree felony of "aggravated battery or great bodily harm." Hampton allegedly slashed her friend's face using a knife and even disfigured her because of a man. She was reportedly released on the same day for a $5,000 bond.
After a couple of months, Hampton served time on Sept. 28, 1999 for the conviction of her aggravated battery felony. She served four months in prison and was released on Jan. 28 the following year. Over the next few years, Hampton was charged of four parole violation arrests and was arrested again on June 19, 2000, serving 111 days in jail for unspecified violation of her parole. On Feb. 14, 2001, Hampton was yet again arrested for violating her parole, serving six days in prison.
Aside from her battery felony, she was also arrested on Sept. 9, 2002 for "Obtaining Property or Services in Return for Worthless Checks, Drafts or Debit Card Orders Under $150." She was released the next day for a $1,000 bond.
On Dec. 4, 2002, Hampton was arrested and charged with illegal possession of firearm, to which she served nine days in jail for. The following year on July 28, 2003, she was back in jail for 30 days for unspecified parole violation for her previous aggravated battery felony.
"Marlo showed her street side that everyone is talking about," Leakes wrote about her former best friend's criminal past in view of the incident last Sunday. "You can put lipstick on a pig but it still is a pig!"
Marlo defended herself saying, "I am saddened and shocked to hear about the false accusations and recent distortions of events disseminated over a fight I was involved in more than a dozen years ago. I was in my twenties and what happened after an argument over the phone. As disturbing as carrying a weapon may seem, it was common in the environment I was raised in and not only I but also the person involved in the fight had weapons to protect ourselves," Hampton explained. "Her knife dropped. Mine did not."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast