Sullivan Stapleton Injured In Thailand; ‘Strike Back’ Production Delayed
By Anne Lu | February 27, 2014 5:18 PM EST
Sullivan Stapleton has been seriously injured in Thailand. The 36-year-old Melbourne-born actor was in Bangkok to film the TV series “Strike Back,” though he was exploring the town in his free time when he suffered an injury.
Details of his injury have not been revealed, though it is assumed that it was serious enough to force the producers of the series to put the production on hold for six months to give him time to recuperate.
Stapleton is “resting comfortably and on his way to a full recovery,” his publicist said in a statement. “We appreciate all of the well-wishes and support.”
According to a spokesman for Cinemax, the series would continue its production with him in Thailand, although the filming in Hungary would be delayed.
“We plan on resuming production in the [northern autumn],” the statement obtained by the Sydney Morning Herald reads. “HBO/Cinemax, Sky and Left Bank Pictures all join in wishing Sullivan a full and speedy recovery.”
“Strike Back” is a military series based on a novel of the same name by Chris Ryan. Stapleton plays former U.S. Delta force operative Damian Scott, replacing English actor Richard Armitage as the series lead in 2011.
Stapleton will also be seen in the upcoming “300” sequel, “300: Rise of an Empire.” He stars as Themistocles during the second Persian invasion of Greece. Eva Green, Rodrigo Santoro, Hans Matheson, and Lena Heady also star.
It is set for release in March.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales