Sullivan Stapleton Injured In Thailand; ‘Strike Back’ Production Delayed
By Anne Lu | February 27, 2014 5:18 PM EST
Sullivan Stapleton has been seriously injured in Thailand. The 36-year-old Melbourne-born actor was in Bangkok to film the TV series “Strike Back,” though he was exploring the town in his free time when he suffered an injury.
Details of his injury have not been revealed, though it is assumed that it was serious enough to force the producers of the series to put the production on hold for six months to give him time to recuperate.
Stapleton is “resting comfortably and on his way to a full recovery,” his publicist said in a statement. “We appreciate all of the well-wishes and support.”
According to a spokesman for Cinemax, the series would continue its production with him in Thailand, although the filming in Hungary would be delayed.
“We plan on resuming production in the [northern autumn],” the statement obtained by the Sydney Morning Herald reads. “HBO/Cinemax, Sky and Left Bank Pictures all join in wishing Sullivan a full and speedy recovery.”
“Strike Back” is a military series based on a novel of the same name by Chris Ryan. Stapleton plays former U.S. Delta force operative Damian Scott, replacing English actor Richard Armitage as the series lead in 2011.
Stapleton will also be seen in the upcoming “300” sequel, “300: Rise of an Empire.” He stars as Themistocles during the second Persian invasion of Greece. Eva Green, Rodrigo Santoro, Hans Matheson, and Lena Heady also star.
It is set for release in March.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage