'Kochadaiiyaan' Audio Launch: Rajinikanth, Amitabh Bachchan, Deepika Expected to Attend
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 27, 2014 4:47 PM EST
The audio launch of magnum opus "Kochadaiiyaan" is expected to be a grand affair with the presence of some of the Indian film industry's biggest stars.
According to reports, Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan will be launching the film's audio at a grand event to be held at Satyam cinemas on 9 March. "Kochadaiiyaan" lead actors Rajinikanth and Deepika Padukone are likely to attend the event. Besides these stars, film's music composer AR Rahman, director Soundarya and other cast, crew members are expected to be present at the occasion.
The epic drama is one of the most-awaited films of 2014. The film was expected to hit screens in 2013, but its release has been delayed multiple times owing to the post-production work. Earlier, the audio launch was supposed to be held on 28 February, but it was postponed as the team was readying the film's trailer, which is likely to be unveiled at the audio launch function.
"Kochadaiiyaan" marks the directorial debut of Soundarya, who is the younger daughter of Rajini. The film is touted to be India's first 3D project that uses motion capture technology.
The Rajini starrer has been under production for the last three years. Post the stupendous success of "Endhiran" in 2010, there were reports that Rajini was doing films such as "Sultan" and "Rana." However, the actor's health faced a set back and he was admitted to a hospital in 2011. Following his recovery, "Kochadaiiyaan" (under his daughter's direction) was announced.
Deepika was confirmed to play the female lead, while other cast members included Aadhi, Sarathkumar, Nassar, Jackie Shroff and Shobana. Although the film's cast has completed their portions, the post production work which involves lot of CG work has been delaying the film's release.
Last year, a small teaser of "Kochadaiiyaan" and a single track from the film was released to appease the fans who were waiting to see their "Thalaivar" on screen. The videos received good response from fans and has generated high expectations on the film's music album as well as its trailer.
"Kochadaiiyaan" is gearing up for a massive release on 11 April. The film will be released in different versions including Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, Bengali and Bhojpuri among others.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features