'Kochadaiiyaan' Audio Launch: Rajinikanth, Amitabh Bachchan, Deepika Expected to Attend
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 27, 2014 4:47 PM EST
The audio launch of magnum opus "Kochadaiiyaan" is expected to be a grand affair with the presence of some of the Indian film industry's biggest stars.
According to reports, Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan will be launching the film's audio at a grand event to be held at Satyam cinemas on 9 March. "Kochadaiiyaan" lead actors Rajinikanth and Deepika Padukone are likely to attend the event. Besides these stars, film's music composer AR Rahman, director Soundarya and other cast, crew members are expected to be present at the occasion.
The epic drama is one of the most-awaited films of 2014. The film was expected to hit screens in 2013, but its release has been delayed multiple times owing to the post-production work. Earlier, the audio launch was supposed to be held on 28 February, but it was postponed as the team was readying the film's trailer, which is likely to be unveiled at the audio launch function.
"Kochadaiiyaan" marks the directorial debut of Soundarya, who is the younger daughter of Rajini. The film is touted to be India's first 3D project that uses motion capture technology.
The Rajini starrer has been under production for the last three years. Post the stupendous success of "Endhiran" in 2010, there were reports that Rajini was doing films such as "Sultan" and "Rana." However, the actor's health faced a set back and he was admitted to a hospital in 2011. Following his recovery, "Kochadaiiyaan" (under his daughter's direction) was announced.
Deepika was confirmed to play the female lead, while other cast members included Aadhi, Sarathkumar, Nassar, Jackie Shroff and Shobana. Although the film's cast has completed their portions, the post production work which involves lot of CG work has been delaying the film's release.
Last year, a small teaser of "Kochadaiiyaan" and a single track from the film was released to appease the fans who were waiting to see their "Thalaivar" on screen. The videos received good response from fans and has generated high expectations on the film's music album as well as its trailer.
"Kochadaiiyaan" is gearing up for a massive release on 11 April. The film will be released in different versions including Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, Bengali and Bhojpuri among others.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports