'Kochadaiiyaan' Audio Launch: Rajinikanth, Amitabh Bachchan, Deepika Expected to Attend
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 27, 2014 4:47 PM EST
The audio launch of magnum opus "Kochadaiiyaan" is expected to be a grand affair with the presence of some of the Indian film industry's biggest stars.
According to reports, Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan will be launching the film's audio at a grand event to be held at Satyam cinemas on 9 March. "Kochadaiiyaan" lead actors Rajinikanth and Deepika Padukone are likely to attend the event. Besides these stars, film's music composer AR Rahman, director Soundarya and other cast, crew members are expected to be present at the occasion.
The epic drama is one of the most-awaited films of 2014. The film was expected to hit screens in 2013, but its release has been delayed multiple times owing to the post-production work. Earlier, the audio launch was supposed to be held on 28 February, but it was postponed as the team was readying the film's trailer, which is likely to be unveiled at the audio launch function.
"Kochadaiiyaan" marks the directorial debut of Soundarya, who is the younger daughter of Rajini. The film is touted to be India's first 3D project that uses motion capture technology.
The Rajini starrer has been under production for the last three years. Post the stupendous success of "Endhiran" in 2010, there were reports that Rajini was doing films such as "Sultan" and "Rana." However, the actor's health faced a set back and he was admitted to a hospital in 2011. Following his recovery, "Kochadaiiyaan" (under his daughter's direction) was announced.
Deepika was confirmed to play the female lead, while other cast members included Aadhi, Sarathkumar, Nassar, Jackie Shroff and Shobana. Although the film's cast has completed their portions, the post production work which involves lot of CG work has been delaying the film's release.
Last year, a small teaser of "Kochadaiiyaan" and a single track from the film was released to appease the fans who were waiting to see their "Thalaivar" on screen. The videos received good response from fans and has generated high expectations on the film's music album as well as its trailer.
"Kochadaiiyaan" is gearing up for a massive release on 11 April. The film will be released in different versions including Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, Bengali and Bhojpuri among others.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown