'Kochadaiiyaan' Audio Launch: Rajinikanth, Amitabh Bachchan, Deepika Expected to Attend
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 27, 2014 4:47 PM EST
The audio launch of magnum opus "Kochadaiiyaan" is expected to be a grand affair with the presence of some of the Indian film industry's biggest stars.
According to reports, Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan will be launching the film's audio at a grand event to be held at Satyam cinemas on 9 March. "Kochadaiiyaan" lead actors Rajinikanth and Deepika Padukone are likely to attend the event. Besides these stars, film's music composer AR Rahman, director Soundarya and other cast, crew members are expected to be present at the occasion.
The epic drama is one of the most-awaited films of 2014. The film was expected to hit screens in 2013, but its release has been delayed multiple times owing to the post-production work. Earlier, the audio launch was supposed to be held on 28 February, but it was postponed as the team was readying the film's trailer, which is likely to be unveiled at the audio launch function.
"Kochadaiiyaan" marks the directorial debut of Soundarya, who is the younger daughter of Rajini. The film is touted to be India's first 3D project that uses motion capture technology.
The Rajini starrer has been under production for the last three years. Post the stupendous success of "Endhiran" in 2010, there were reports that Rajini was doing films such as "Sultan" and "Rana." However, the actor's health faced a set back and he was admitted to a hospital in 2011. Following his recovery, "Kochadaiiyaan" (under his daughter's direction) was announced.
Deepika was confirmed to play the female lead, while other cast members included Aadhi, Sarathkumar, Nassar, Jackie Shroff and Shobana. Although the film's cast has completed their portions, the post production work which involves lot of CG work has been delaying the film's release.
Last year, a small teaser of "Kochadaiiyaan" and a single track from the film was released to appease the fans who were waiting to see their "Thalaivar" on screen. The videos received good response from fans and has generated high expectations on the film's music album as well as its trailer.
"Kochadaiiyaan" is gearing up for a massive release on 11 April. The film will be released in different versions including Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, Bengali and Bhojpuri among others.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy