‘The Voice’ 2014: Christina Grimmie Talks about Blind Audition; Things to Know About the YouTube Celebrity Who Made All Four Judges Turn [Video]
By jaskiran kaur | February 27, 2014 4:07 PM EST
Even before "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) premiered, contestant Christina Grimmie became quite a sensation. Christina's audition became the highlight of "The Voice" 2014 Day 1 of blind auditions. Her mind blowing performance of Miley Cyrus' "The Wrecking Ball" caused quite a stir when it was first premiered as special-look clip ahead of the premiere of the show.
Christina Grimmie who also happens to be a YouTube artist, compelled all the four judges to turn their chairs in the very first blind audition of "The Voice" Season 6 (2014). All the four judges battled to take her on their team. They promised to make her the winner of the show. But Christina chose to be on Adam Levine's team.
In an interview with Hollywood Life, she spoke about her incredible performance and why she chose to be with Adam Levine.
Christina Grimmie revealed that she has no clue if she would win the show. She says "it's all about the journey."
She also described how she felt when all the four judges turned around during her "The Wrecking Ball" performance. She said that it was an "incredible feeling knowing all the four coaches were just really pulling for me."
She revealed that she chose to sing Miley Cyrus' "The Wrecking Ball" because she is the singer who creates covers of latest pop songs with her own spin on them for YouTube. She describes it as "the perfect song" for her to sing for coaches, her existing fans and new fans.
Responding to the question why she chose to be on Adam Levine's team, she revealed that she was "leaning" towards the two-time winning coach before everything else. She also revealed that what he said about her really impressed her.
"He said something about how you never know who you're going to turn around and be looking at, but he said he turned around and saw this person who has the entire package so the fact that he said that means that he just doesn't see me as a good voice. He sees me as a good voice, and a good performer [with] star quality. To me, that was just incredible to hear from Adam Levine!" told Christina Grimmie to Hollywood Life in an interview after her blind auditions.
She also revealed that she is a huge Christina Aguilera fan and that she really respects Miley Cyrus' attitude who she feels is "off the beaten path."
Christina Grimmie who opened "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) Day 1 of blind auditions with her act, also happens to be a internet celebrity. Here are few things to know about "The Voice" that stole the limelight on the first night of the Emmy Award winning show.
Christina Grimmie is a 19-year-old singer and songwriter who has more than 2 million subscribers to her YouTube channel called zeldaxlove64. She is reportedly the fourth most subscribed artist on the Web site.
She is quite a YouTube celebrity with more than 246,000,000 views of her videos on the video sharing Web site. She is also a pianist and is popular for her covers of top-notch artists like Demi Lovato, Justin Beiber, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus and Christina Aguilera.
In June 2011, Christina Grimmie launched her debut EP titled "Find Me." In the summer of 2012, she revealed that she would be working on original music and will work with a band called Rising Tide.
Christina Grimmie joined YouTube on Feb. 2009 and gained recognition with her cover of Miley Cyrus' "Party in U.S.A." She soon became a popular artist on YouTube and is best known for her cover of Nelly's "Just a Dream" with another YouTube artist Sam Tsui. They launched three versions of the video which garnered approximately 76 million views.
In the top 5 of MyYouTube competition, Grimmie was ranked at second place, behind songstress Selena Gomez and ahead of singers like Justin Bieber and Rihanna.
Some of her favorite artists are Stacie Orrico, Christina Aguilera, Beyonce Knowles, Iron Maiden and Tool. Grimmie's talent was first discovered by Brian Teefey who is Selena Gomez step-father. Brian Teefey became Christina Grimmie's manager and Selena became her mentor. Christina Grimmie has performed as backup vocals for "Slow Down" singer Selena Gomez and was also part of Digitour in 2011 and UNICEF charity concert.
Watch the video of Christina Grimmie's "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) blind auditions, below:
Video: Voice Premiere Sneak Peek: Christina Grimmie "Wrecking Ball" - The Voice
Credit: Youtube.com/ The Voice
For more spoilers and recap of "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best