All-Metallic Version of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Launch in May - Report
By Karla Danica Figuerres | February 27, 2014 2:57 PM EST
The recently announced Samsung Galaxy S5 won't be the last flagship smartphone that the Korean tech giant will unveil this season, according to rumours. The all-metallic version of the Samsung Galaxy S5 is rumoured to arrive in May after the HTC One 2 is launched.
A new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone is displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
It has been rumoured that the next flagship device of Samsung will come in two versions. In fact, the rumours came with spec sheets and benchmarks backing them. One version was sporting 1080p display and Snapdragon 801, which was the version of the Samsung Galaxy S5 that was recently announced. The other handset was sporting a new Exynos chipset and a bigger 1440p Quad HD screen.
According to recent Korean reports allegedly from Samsung execs' exclusive conference at the MWC 2014, there will be a premium portfolio of flagships named as Project F. The chassis of this one is said to be with premium metallic materials, camera with OIS, Quad HD screen and Exynos processor.
The rumours of having all-metallic variant of the Samsung Galaxy S5 that has been around the Internet for quite some time already are also backed by the renowned tipsters Eldar Murtazin and Ricciolo, who both tweeted that the "Luxury" and "Prime" S5 is still in play. According to Ricciolo, Samsung will wait for the announcement of the HTC One 2 flagship next month and the Korean tech giant will have the last word for the season with an all-metallic version Samsung Galaxy S5.
The timeframe of possible release date of the all-metallic Samsung Galaxy S5 falls around May. Rumours suggest that the current version of the Samsung Galaxy S5 will be available at a cheaper price.
Thus far, it appears that it is unlikely for the premium Samsung Galaxy S5 to be called "F" series because LG already has one that uses the name. Who knows, "F" might stand for fashion. But then again, all we can do is to wait for more leaks to pour about the price of the all-metallic Samsung Galaxy S5 and what Samsung has in store for us.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to Feature Retina Scanner Challenging iPad Retina and iPhone 6
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015