All-Metallic Version of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Launch in May - Report
By Karla Danica Figuerres | February 27, 2014 2:57 PM EST
The recently announced Samsung Galaxy S5 won't be the last flagship smartphone that the Korean tech giant will unveil this season, according to rumours. The all-metallic version of the Samsung Galaxy S5 is rumoured to arrive in May after the HTC One 2 is launched.
A new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone is displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
It has been rumoured that the next flagship device of Samsung will come in two versions. In fact, the rumours came with spec sheets and benchmarks backing them. One version was sporting 1080p display and Snapdragon 801, which was the version of the Samsung Galaxy S5 that was recently announced. The other handset was sporting a new Exynos chipset and a bigger 1440p Quad HD screen.
According to recent Korean reports allegedly from Samsung execs' exclusive conference at the MWC 2014, there will be a premium portfolio of flagships named as Project F. The chassis of this one is said to be with premium metallic materials, camera with OIS, Quad HD screen and Exynos processor.
The rumours of having all-metallic variant of the Samsung Galaxy S5 that has been around the Internet for quite some time already are also backed by the renowned tipsters Eldar Murtazin and Ricciolo, who both tweeted that the "Luxury" and "Prime" S5 is still in play. According to Ricciolo, Samsung will wait for the announcement of the HTC One 2 flagship next month and the Korean tech giant will have the last word for the season with an all-metallic version Samsung Galaxy S5.
The timeframe of possible release date of the all-metallic Samsung Galaxy S5 falls around May. Rumours suggest that the current version of the Samsung Galaxy S5 will be available at a cheaper price.
Thus far, it appears that it is unlikely for the premium Samsung Galaxy S5 to be called "F" series because LG already has one that uses the name. Who knows, "F" might stand for fashion. But then again, all we can do is to wait for more leaks to pour about the price of the all-metallic Samsung Galaxy S5 and what Samsung has in store for us.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast