Taylor Swift and Lorde Wear Matching Outfits: Swift Still not Spotted with Selena Gomez
By Diadem Pambid | February 27, 2014 1:38 PM EST
Taylor Swift and Lorde are becoming quite the twins. Not only have they started to hang out more often, both Grammy Award singers have even gone to the extent of matching their outfits. As for Swift's former BFF, Selena Gomez has yet to be spotted hanging out with the country crooner.
Singer Taylor Swift attends the Clive Davis Pre-Grammy Gala and Salute to Industry Icons, honoring Universal Music Group Chairman and CEO Lucian Grainge, in Beverly Hills, California January 25, 2014.
Obviously, Lorde is a much better BFF for Swift - judging from the amount of time the "Red" singer has spent with her. Not only were the two chummy during the Grammy Awards and at the after party, they've been spotted on BFF dates a number of times.
Well, Lorde isn't the only high profile BFF Swift has hung out with. There's British model Cara Delevingne, Oscar Award nominee Hailee Steinfeld, "Modern Family's" Sarah Hyland and "Burn" singer Ellie Goulding.
Yet, how about Selena Gomez who was attached to Swift's hip a number of times in 2012 up to 2013? Since the "Come & Get It" singer's rehab two weeks ago, she has yet to be spotted with her alleged BFF Taylor Swift. Perhaps, Lorde has already replaced the Latina singer?
For one, the New Zealand native has said a lot of praises for the "Red" songstress.
"The cool thing about Taylor is she is pretty willing to go a lot of places with music. I think that last record [Red] in particular, everyone was, like, "Whoa, a lot of ground has been covered," stated Lorde in a report by the Daily Mail, adding, "And I think with an artist like her the sky is the limit."
As for Swift's "former" BFF, SelGo, Lorde had scathing things to say about her music.
"I love pop music on a sonic level," says Lorde to Rolling Stone, adding, "But I'm a feminist and the theme of her song ['Come & Get It'] is, 'When you're ready come and get it from me.' I'm sick of women being portrayed this way."
Selena Gomez of course didn't back down from the diss and reacted in a somewhat mature way.
"There's two different kinds of criticism. There's the people that hide behind a computer and want to say endless amount of things but never say it to your face, and then obviously there are the vocal ones. I appreciate everybody's opinion, especially because I've covered her music lots of times. I think she is super talented and I think it's awesome. But I think at the same time that feminism and that specific thing is very sensitive because in my opinion it's not feminism if you're tearing down another artist. So that's the only thing that I feel but you know, she's young, she's got so much talent, she's gonna take over, she gets it, so I don't take it to heart," stated Gomez (via Hollywood Life).
As for Swift, the country crooner is apparently oblivious to the fact her two BFF's had dissed each other about their music. All that matters for her is getting to hang out with a 17-year old singer who snagged a Grammy Award.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Khloe Kardashian Baby Bump Pictures Allegedly Arrive on Instagram, Reported to be Pregnant with French Montana's Baby
- Kim Kardashian's Divorce Struggles: Kanye West Emotionally Unavailable, Neglects Kim and North West on Trip to Mexico
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- CCTV Footage Captured Children Being Beaten To Sleep And Physically Abused Inside Nursery
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report