Taylor Swift and Lorde Wear Matching Outfits: Swift Still not Spotted with Selena Gomez
By Diadem Pambid | February 27, 2014 1:38 PM EST
Taylor Swift and Lorde are becoming quite the twins. Not only have they started to hang out more often, both Grammy Award singers have even gone to the extent of matching their outfits. As for Swift's former BFF, Selena Gomez has yet to be spotted hanging out with the country crooner.
Singer Taylor Swift attends the Clive Davis Pre-Grammy Gala and Salute to Industry Icons, honoring Universal Music Group Chairman and CEO Lucian Grainge, in Beverly Hills, California January 25, 2014.
Obviously, Lorde is a much better BFF for Swift - judging from the amount of time the "Red" singer has spent with her. Not only were the two chummy during the Grammy Awards and at the after party, they've been spotted on BFF dates a number of times.
Well, Lorde isn't the only high profile BFF Swift has hung out with. There's British model Cara Delevingne, Oscar Award nominee Hailee Steinfeld, "Modern Family's" Sarah Hyland and "Burn" singer Ellie Goulding.
Yet, how about Selena Gomez who was attached to Swift's hip a number of times in 2012 up to 2013? Since the "Come & Get It" singer's rehab two weeks ago, she has yet to be spotted with her alleged BFF Taylor Swift. Perhaps, Lorde has already replaced the Latina singer?
For one, the New Zealand native has said a lot of praises for the "Red" songstress.
"The cool thing about Taylor is she is pretty willing to go a lot of places with music. I think that last record [Red] in particular, everyone was, like, "Whoa, a lot of ground has been covered," stated Lorde in a report by the Daily Mail, adding, "And I think with an artist like her the sky is the limit."
As for Swift's "former" BFF, SelGo, Lorde had scathing things to say about her music.
"I love pop music on a sonic level," says Lorde to Rolling Stone, adding, "But I'm a feminist and the theme of her song ['Come & Get It'] is, 'When you're ready come and get it from me.' I'm sick of women being portrayed this way."
Selena Gomez of course didn't back down from the diss and reacted in a somewhat mature way.
"There's two different kinds of criticism. There's the people that hide behind a computer and want to say endless amount of things but never say it to your face, and then obviously there are the vocal ones. I appreciate everybody's opinion, especially because I've covered her music lots of times. I think she is super talented and I think it's awesome. But I think at the same time that feminism and that specific thing is very sensitive because in my opinion it's not feminism if you're tearing down another artist. So that's the only thing that I feel but you know, she's young, she's got so much talent, she's gonna take over, she gets it, so I don't take it to heart," stated Gomez (via Hollywood Life).
As for Swift, the country crooner is apparently oblivious to the fact her two BFF's had dissed each other about their music. All that matters for her is getting to hang out with a 17-year old singer who snagged a Grammy Award.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2: Jessica Talks After Her Shocking Elimination
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes