'Titanfall' vs. 'InFamous: Second Son': PS4 and Xbox One Exclusives Gone Gold, Bundles Announced
By Gel Galang | February 27, 2014 1:30 PM EST
The battle of the upcoming exclusives for both the PS4 and Xbox One has already begun, with the two games going gold as the release dates for the games draws near.
"InFamous: Second Son" has just reached gold as confirmed by Sucker Punch, the developer of the game via its official Twitter account.
"#inFamousSecondSon has gone GOLD! Big day here at SPP!" tweeted Brian Fleming, co-founder and producer at Sucker Punch.
#InfamousSecondSon has gone GOLD! Big day here at SPP!
— Brian Fleming (@brian_fleming) February 26, 2014
Going gold for games means that these have already passed the final checks and the game already being sent to disc manufacturers and digital storefronts in light of distribution, according to VG 24/7.
As for "Titanfall," Gamingbolt has spotted the announcement over at Reddit through an employee from Epic Games. This is understandable, considering the nearing promised release date as well as the fact that the beta was pretty much a success.
What's even more exciting is that the employee has debunked previous rumours that the final resolution for "Titanfall" on the Xbox One will go lower to 720p from the 792p during the beta.
"I can tell you Titanfall has gone gold and the final resolution is most def above 720p. That's all I can say," said the source.
While the official announcement did not technically come from Respawn Entertainment, the report mentions that the source has stressed his connections with other studios. In addition, Softpedia has previously reported that Respawn's Abbie Heppe has assured in another source that the developers are not dropping the resolution for the launch.
"InFamous: Second Son" is set to release on March 21, while "Titanfall" comes in 10 days earlier on March 11.
Bundled Exclusives, Great Reception
Started by Microsoft, where it announced the Xbox One bundle with "Titanfall," the new bundle has recently just received a price cut over at GameStop UK. Already pre-orders are being accepted for the £370 Xbox One "Titanfall" bundle, with the discount going on top of the price cut for Microsoft's next-gen console, which will take effect on Feb 28.
GameSpot reports that this is one of those times that gamers should take advantage of, as the Xbox One "Titanfall" bundle contains the console, a digital copy of the game, an Xbox One controller, the Kinect 2.0, a headset and an Xbox Live Gold membership to make sure that gamers are ready to play ASAP.
"InFamous: Second Son" is also now going to be offered in a bundle by GameStop in US territory, something that is expected to boost the sales of the PS4 even more.
According to DualShockers, the bundle will contain the PS4, a copy of "InFamous: Second Son," a year's worth of PS Plus membership and a DualShock 4 controller, all for the price of $570. Given the lack of PS4 supplies, it's not surprising that this new bundle overtook the charts.
Read more gaming news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L Rollout Prediction: Nexus 4, Moto X, HTC One, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, LG G2
- 'Assassin's Creed' Update: 'Unity' And 'Rogue' Not A Multiplayer Player Game, Ubisoft Confirms
- HTC One Mini 2 vs. Nexus 5 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Weekend Event For San Andreas Flight School Update And A Deals With Gold Offer
- iPhone 5 vs. LG G3 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch