Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Pre-KitKat Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update from AT&T; Android 4.4.2 Rolling Out for Galaxy S4 Users
By Ryan Inoyori | February 27, 2014 12:35 PM EST
Pre-KitKat Android 4.3 Update
Subscribers to AT&T with Samsung Galaxy Note 3 are now getting another official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean pre-KitKat update from the network provider that brings various huge bug fixes and other system-related enhancements.
According to Android Police, Samsung Galaxy S4 AT&T variant is already receiving an official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware but not the Galaxy Note 3 yet. Weirdly, the device is still under the waiting list and got pushed back by Galaxy S4 behind priority due to another Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware build.
AT&T is now seeding the new build of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Galaxy Note 3 with build version N900AUCUBNB4 for SM-N900A model.
Update Package Details
New Android 4.3 firmware build from AT&T isn't that big in terms of size but deals with various major fixes and system enhancements throughout the smartphone. It includes three particular Android bug fixes which are coded as 6923539, 9702645 and 12118307.
Based on the information retrieved by Android Police, Android bug fixing patch 9702645 is referred to the SMS Class 0 DoS attacks but Samsung didn't publicly reveal what the last coded patch is meant for.
Here are other enhancements included on the new firmware update:
1. Google Newsstand 3.0.1 - 6.6 MB
2. Google Search/Google Now 18.104.22.1689369 - 10.3 MB
3. YouTube 5.1.10 - 6.5 MB
4. Google Drive added
5. Firmware Over-the-Air enhancements
6. Samsung Account update
Updating Your Device
It is recommended to create a backup of all personal and media files stored on the Galaxy Note 3 using the microSD card or your computer regardless if the update has not impact on the settings or data. You also use the Samsung Kies PC suite installed on your computer to create backups.
Steps to Update Your Device:
1. Enable Wi-Fi or mobile data connection to receive the update notification. If not, manually check by going to Settings > General > Options > About device > Software update > Check for updates.
2. If you receive the notification, change your Internet connection to Wi-Fi instead of mobile 3G or 4G for stable firmware update.
3. Follow the instructions on the screen prompted by the new firmware update. Also, connect the device to its AC power for safety reasons.
4. After the firmware download, let the installation finish and avoid interrupting it to prevent corruption.
5. Once the update has been completed, your Galaxy Note 3 will restart.
6. Wait till the Update Complete notification appears.
7. Verify the update by going to Settings > General > Options > About device.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales