Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Pre-KitKat Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update from AT&T; Android 4.4.2 Rolling Out for Galaxy S4 Users
By Ryan Inoyori | February 27, 2014 12:35 PM EST
Pre-KitKat Android 4.3 Update
Subscribers to AT&T with Samsung Galaxy Note 3 are now getting another official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean pre-KitKat update from the network provider that brings various huge bug fixes and other system-related enhancements.
According to Android Police, Samsung Galaxy S4 AT&T variant is already receiving an official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware but not the Galaxy Note 3 yet. Weirdly, the device is still under the waiting list and got pushed back by Galaxy S4 behind priority due to another Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware build.
AT&T is now seeding the new build of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Galaxy Note 3 with build version N900AUCUBNB4 for SM-N900A model.
Update Package Details
New Android 4.3 firmware build from AT&T isn't that big in terms of size but deals with various major fixes and system enhancements throughout the smartphone. It includes three particular Android bug fixes which are coded as 6923539, 9702645 and 12118307.
Based on the information retrieved by Android Police, Android bug fixing patch 9702645 is referred to the SMS Class 0 DoS attacks but Samsung didn't publicly reveal what the last coded patch is meant for.
Here are other enhancements included on the new firmware update:
1. Google Newsstand 3.0.1 - 6.6 MB
2. Google Search/Google Now 220.127.116.119369 - 10.3 MB
3. YouTube 5.1.10 - 6.5 MB
4. Google Drive added
5. Firmware Over-the-Air enhancements
6. Samsung Account update
Updating Your Device
It is recommended to create a backup of all personal and media files stored on the Galaxy Note 3 using the microSD card or your computer regardless if the update has not impact on the settings or data. You also use the Samsung Kies PC suite installed on your computer to create backups.
Steps to Update Your Device:
1. Enable Wi-Fi or mobile data connection to receive the update notification. If not, manually check by going to Settings > General > Options > About device > Software update > Check for updates.
2. If you receive the notification, change your Internet connection to Wi-Fi instead of mobile 3G or 4G for stable firmware update.
3. Follow the instructions on the screen prompted by the new firmware update. Also, connect the device to its AC power for safety reasons.
4. After the firmware download, let the installation finish and avoid interrupting it to prevent corruption.
5. Once the update has been completed, your Galaxy Note 3 will restart.
6. Wait till the Update Complete notification appears.
7. Verify the update by going to Settings > General > Options > About device.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- ‘World Of Warcraft’ Extends The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff Until The ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Pre-Patch 6.0.2 Release After Updating The 6.0.2 Public Test Realm Patch Notes [WATCH VIDEO]
- Don’t Mess Up Minecraft: Ten Year Old Sabrina Tells Microsoft
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone