Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Pre-KitKat Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update from AT&T; Android 4.4.2 Rolling Out for Galaxy S4 Users
By Ryan Inoyori | February 27, 2014 12:35 PM EST
Pre-KitKat Android 4.3 Update
Subscribers to AT&T with Samsung Galaxy Note 3 are now getting another official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean pre-KitKat update from the network provider that brings various huge bug fixes and other system-related enhancements.
According to Android Police, Samsung Galaxy S4 AT&T variant is already receiving an official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware but not the Galaxy Note 3 yet. Weirdly, the device is still under the waiting list and got pushed back by Galaxy S4 behind priority due to another Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware build.
AT&T is now seeding the new build of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Galaxy Note 3 with build version N900AUCUBNB4 for SM-N900A model.
Update Package Details
New Android 4.3 firmware build from AT&T isn't that big in terms of size but deals with various major fixes and system enhancements throughout the smartphone. It includes three particular Android bug fixes which are coded as 6923539, 9702645 and 12118307.
Based on the information retrieved by Android Police, Android bug fixing patch 9702645 is referred to the SMS Class 0 DoS attacks but Samsung didn't publicly reveal what the last coded patch is meant for.
Here are other enhancements included on the new firmware update:
1. Google Newsstand 3.0.1 - 6.6 MB
2. Google Search/Google Now 22.214.171.1249369 - 10.3 MB
3. YouTube 5.1.10 - 6.5 MB
4. Google Drive added
5. Firmware Over-the-Air enhancements
6. Samsung Account update
Updating Your Device
It is recommended to create a backup of all personal and media files stored on the Galaxy Note 3 using the microSD card or your computer regardless if the update has not impact on the settings or data. You also use the Samsung Kies PC suite installed on your computer to create backups.
Steps to Update Your Device:
1. Enable Wi-Fi or mobile data connection to receive the update notification. If not, manually check by going to Settings > General > Options > About device > Software update > Check for updates.
2. If you receive the notification, change your Internet connection to Wi-Fi instead of mobile 3G or 4G for stable firmware update.
3. Follow the instructions on the screen prompted by the new firmware update. Also, connect the device to its AC power for safety reasons.
4. After the firmware download, let the installation finish and avoid interrupting it to prevent corruption.
5. Once the update has been completed, your Galaxy Note 3 will restart.
6. Wait till the Update Complete notification appears.
7. Verify the update by going to Settings > General > Options > About device.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28