Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Pre-KitKat Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update from AT&T; Android 4.4.2 Rolling Out for Galaxy S4 Users
By Ryan Inoyori | February 27, 2014 12:35 PM EST
Pre-KitKat Android 4.3 Update
Subscribers to AT&T with Samsung Galaxy Note 3 are now getting another official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean pre-KitKat update from the network provider that brings various huge bug fixes and other system-related enhancements.
According to Android Police, Samsung Galaxy S4 AT&T variant is already receiving an official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware but not the Galaxy Note 3 yet. Weirdly, the device is still under the waiting list and got pushed back by Galaxy S4 behind priority due to another Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware build.
AT&T is now seeding the new build of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Galaxy Note 3 with build version N900AUCUBNB4 for SM-N900A model.
Update Package Details
New Android 4.3 firmware build from AT&T isn't that big in terms of size but deals with various major fixes and system enhancements throughout the smartphone. It includes three particular Android bug fixes which are coded as 6923539, 9702645 and 12118307.
Based on the information retrieved by Android Police, Android bug fixing patch 9702645 is referred to the SMS Class 0 DoS attacks but Samsung didn't publicly reveal what the last coded patch is meant for.
Here are other enhancements included on the new firmware update:
1. Google Newsstand 3.0.1 - 6.6 MB
2. Google Search/Google Now 22.214.171.1249369 - 10.3 MB
3. YouTube 5.1.10 - 6.5 MB
4. Google Drive added
5. Firmware Over-the-Air enhancements
6. Samsung Account update
Updating Your Device
It is recommended to create a backup of all personal and media files stored on the Galaxy Note 3 using the microSD card or your computer regardless if the update has not impact on the settings or data. You also use the Samsung Kies PC suite installed on your computer to create backups.
Steps to Update Your Device:
1. Enable Wi-Fi or mobile data connection to receive the update notification. If not, manually check by going to Settings > General > Options > About device > Software update > Check for updates.
2. If you receive the notification, change your Internet connection to Wi-Fi instead of mobile 3G or 4G for stable firmware update.
3. Follow the instructions on the screen prompted by the new firmware update. Also, connect the device to its AC power for safety reasons.
4. After the firmware download, let the installation finish and avoid interrupting it to prevent corruption.
5. Once the update has been completed, your Galaxy Note 3 will restart.
6. Wait till the Update Complete notification appears.
7. Verify the update by going to Settings > General > Options > About device.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Xbox One News: Games with Gold for August Announced; Updates for Progress in China
- The SIMS 4 on Sept 2 Release: Low Demands Specs, No Toddlers or Pools and 3 Premium Packs
- Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish Can't Play in the U.S. Open Due to Drug Testing Issues
- Billy Bob Thornton Want to Play Hodor in Game Of Thrones
- Fukushima Radiation Tests on Waters Along U.S. Coast Yield Negative Results
- Zac Efron Equates Boozing to a Social Stimulant, Admits Why He Checked into Rehab Last Year
- Celebrities Who Stripped Naked for Women's Health