'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Season 6: Peter Thomas Behind His Rent, Kordell Stewart a Monster, Phaedra Parks and Apollo Nida Separated?
By Vanessa Francisco | February 27, 2014 12:20 PM EST
"The Real Housewives of Atlanta" star Cynthia Bailey's husband, Peter Thomas, has recently been named in a lawsuit for an alleged $100,000 unpaid back rent. Thomas reportedly insisted that it was a "misunderstanding" at first, but now he turns the tables, saying he has always been on time with his rent payments for Bar One and the landlords are actually the ones who should pay him money.
Thomas said his landlords did not pay the monthly payments he made for more than a year resulting to a foreclosure case for Bar One. "They were upside down on the property but I wasn't aware of that until I got the letter from the bank saying not to give them money anymore," Thomas said. "Shortly after that, it went into foreclosure," he added.
Thomas went on saying the property will be on the market soon and that he plans to purchase it with a group of people. However, it is not the first time Thomas had rental issues. According to reports, he was previously served an eviction notice by another landlord, Boye Architecture in 2010, but it is unclear how the case was resolved. Glenwood East Apartments also served him an eviction notice in 2009, but the case was dismissed.
Meanwhile, Phaedra Parks and husband Apollo Nida have reportedly been living separately, not having been photographed together since November of 2013. Note that Nida was arrested on Jan 24 and is awaiting trial on March 25. Meanwhile, Parks launches her book, "Secrets of a Southern Belle," as Nida goes on gigs, including one in South Carolina where he was seen with different women at a nightclub on Valentine's Day. Nida said that it was only a misunderstanding. He has been in Atlanta most of the time recently because his bail terms require that he ask permission from the courts if he wants to leave Georgia.
On a separate report, Porsha Stewart just called her former husband Kordell Stewart "a monster" after seeing the clip of his appearance on next week's episode. Peter asked Kordell about how Porsha found out he had filed for divorce on Twitter, to which Kordell replied: "That's a lie. She asked me to file for divorce three months in advance on a consistent basis. She saw it on Twitter but she knew it was coming. It was just a matter of time. All this victimized mentality? Trust me, she knows what it is!"
Porsha told Andy Cohen that it's the same monster she was married to and the she felt backstabbed by it. She said Kordell had criticised her parenting of former stepson Syre. But at the end of the day, she's glad she's in a whole other place now.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date