'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Season 6: Peter Thomas Behind His Rent, Kordell Stewart a Monster, Phaedra Parks and Apollo Nida Separated?
By Vanessa Francisco | February 27, 2014 12:20 PM EST
"The Real Housewives of Atlanta" star Cynthia Bailey's husband, Peter Thomas, has recently been named in a lawsuit for an alleged $100,000 unpaid back rent. Thomas reportedly insisted that it was a "misunderstanding" at first, but now he turns the tables, saying he has always been on time with his rent payments for Bar One and the landlords are actually the ones who should pay him money.
Thomas said his landlords did not pay the monthly payments he made for more than a year resulting to a foreclosure case for Bar One. "They were upside down on the property but I wasn't aware of that until I got the letter from the bank saying not to give them money anymore," Thomas said. "Shortly after that, it went into foreclosure," he added.
Thomas went on saying the property will be on the market soon and that he plans to purchase it with a group of people. However, it is not the first time Thomas had rental issues. According to reports, he was previously served an eviction notice by another landlord, Boye Architecture in 2010, but it is unclear how the case was resolved. Glenwood East Apartments also served him an eviction notice in 2009, but the case was dismissed.
Meanwhile, Phaedra Parks and husband Apollo Nida have reportedly been living separately, not having been photographed together since November of 2013. Note that Nida was arrested on Jan 24 and is awaiting trial on March 25. Meanwhile, Parks launches her book, "Secrets of a Southern Belle," as Nida goes on gigs, including one in South Carolina where he was seen with different women at a nightclub on Valentine's Day. Nida said that it was only a misunderstanding. He has been in Atlanta most of the time recently because his bail terms require that he ask permission from the courts if he wants to leave Georgia.
On a separate report, Porsha Stewart just called her former husband Kordell Stewart "a monster" after seeing the clip of his appearance on next week's episode. Peter asked Kordell about how Porsha found out he had filed for divorce on Twitter, to which Kordell replied: "That's a lie. She asked me to file for divorce three months in advance on a consistent basis. She saw it on Twitter but she knew it was coming. It was just a matter of time. All this victimized mentality? Trust me, she knows what it is!"
Porsha told Andy Cohen that it's the same monster she was married to and the she felt backstabbed by it. She said Kordell had criticised her parenting of former stepson Syre. But at the end of the day, she's glad she's in a whole other place now.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage