'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Season 6: Peter Thomas Behind His Rent, Kordell Stewart a Monster, Phaedra Parks and Apollo Nida Separated?
By Vanessa Francisco | February 27, 2014 12:20 PM EST
"The Real Housewives of Atlanta" star Cynthia Bailey's husband, Peter Thomas, has recently been named in a lawsuit for an alleged $100,000 unpaid back rent. Thomas reportedly insisted that it was a "misunderstanding" at first, but now he turns the tables, saying he has always been on time with his rent payments for Bar One and the landlords are actually the ones who should pay him money.
Thomas said his landlords did not pay the monthly payments he made for more than a year resulting to a foreclosure case for Bar One. "They were upside down on the property but I wasn't aware of that until I got the letter from the bank saying not to give them money anymore," Thomas said. "Shortly after that, it went into foreclosure," he added.
Thomas went on saying the property will be on the market soon and that he plans to purchase it with a group of people. However, it is not the first time Thomas had rental issues. According to reports, he was previously served an eviction notice by another landlord, Boye Architecture in 2010, but it is unclear how the case was resolved. Glenwood East Apartments also served him an eviction notice in 2009, but the case was dismissed.
Meanwhile, Phaedra Parks and husband Apollo Nida have reportedly been living separately, not having been photographed together since November of 2013. Note that Nida was arrested on Jan 24 and is awaiting trial on March 25. Meanwhile, Parks launches her book, "Secrets of a Southern Belle," as Nida goes on gigs, including one in South Carolina where he was seen with different women at a nightclub on Valentine's Day. Nida said that it was only a misunderstanding. He has been in Atlanta most of the time recently because his bail terms require that he ask permission from the courts if he wants to leave Georgia.
On a separate report, Porsha Stewart just called her former husband Kordell Stewart "a monster" after seeing the clip of his appearance on next week's episode. Peter asked Kordell about how Porsha found out he had filed for divorce on Twitter, to which Kordell replied: "That's a lie. She asked me to file for divorce three months in advance on a consistent basis. She saw it on Twitter but she knew it was coming. It was just a matter of time. All this victimized mentality? Trust me, she knows what it is!"
Porsha told Andy Cohen that it's the same monster she was married to and the she felt backstabbed by it. She said Kordell had criticised her parenting of former stepson Syre. But at the end of the day, she's glad she's in a whole other place now.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers for Sept. 1-5, 2014: Sabrina Seeks Revenge
- 5 Seconds of Summer Calum Hood's D--K Vine Video Goes Viral
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Jessica Lange Says New Season ‘Most Extraordinary’
- Anna Paquin Says She Took Home ‘Cute, English Dude’ Stephen Moyer From The Set Of “True Blood”
- 'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Enzo To Have A Makeout Scene, Speculations Suggest Enzo and Caroline Get Cozy In New Season
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide