DLC News: 'Batman: Arkham Origins'' Mr. Freeze and 'Outlast: Whistleblower' Coming in April
By Gel Galang | February 27, 2014 12:08 PM EST
The much-awaited "Batman: Arkham Origins" story DLC is already dated for release this April 22, and it'll be a freezing cold one.
Titled "Cold, Cold Heart," the new story DLC will look into the origin story of Mr Freeze, alongside a brand new mission, according to Joystiq.
"Mr. Freeze is the focus of Cold, Cold Heart, which is our big open-world narrative-based DLC that we'll be releasing for Arkham Origins," said Ames Kirshen, VP of production over at WB Games. "This is actually in-game mission story content with a brand new story wrapped around Mr. Freeze in the Arkham Origins setting," he added.
Since this will be an entirely different condition for "Batman," Mr Kirshen states that there will be new toys for Batman to face off with the enemies armed with cryogenic weapons. In addition, since his current suit is not enough to protect him from the cold, Batman will also enjoy a new experimental suit to help him face the extreme weather.
Here's a glimpse of "Cold, Cold Heart" and a look at Mr. Freeze in the game:
(Credit: YouTube/DC Entertainment)
'Outlast: Whistleblower' DLC Coming
One of the scariest games to debut on the PS4 and PC, "Outlast" is finally getting its first DLC as early as April.
"The whole team here at Red Barrels is pleased to reveal that our first DLC, Outlast: Whistleblower, will be released this April for PC and PS4!" said the Red Barrels Team over at its official Web site.
If in "Outlast," gamers are playing as independent journalist Miles Upshur who goes into the heart of Mount Massive to investigate, in this new DLC, players will be in the shoes of Waylon Park, software engineer and responsible for the tip to journalists at the beginning of the main game.
The character will have some very deep-seated feelings of distrust for politics and lack of morals and ethics going on inside the asylum. Players will pretty much be identifying with the poor patients in Waylon's shoes, and they'll get to unravel the very core of what happens inside the asylum.
Technically, it is a prequel to "Outlast," but according to the developers, it will traverse the events in the first game and give gamers a glimpse of the ending in Mount Massive Asylum.
More gaming news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop