Update on ‘Star Wars: Episode VII' New Villain Revealed, Find Out Who
By Maychelle Ornos | February 27, 2014 11:42 AM EST
The seventh installment of the "Star Wars" franchise created by George Lucas is set out to be released on December 18, 2015 with news on a new villain. Fans of the sci-fi series are raring for the new addition since the last "Star Wars" movie last October 2012. The new villain for "Episode VII" is still not clearly defined but it may be the likes of Darth Vader and several actors have been screened for the role by the famous director J.J. Abrams.
News on the latest installment of the "Star Wars" saga is infrequent as the production team is set to give out as little information to fans in order to keep the hype alive. However, according to a report from Variety the franchise has chosen Adam Driver as the new film's villain. Driver stars in the hit comedy series "Girls" from HBO as Adam.
"Episode VII" will be a continuation of "Episode VI: Return of the Jedi" but the plot of the film is still not released to the public. The schedule for filming of the new movie instalment will begin in May 2014 at Pinewood Studios. The crew might finish filming the said film in September and ready for the big screen In December 2015.
Driver was not able to decide readily in accepting the film as he is already committed to his show on HBO. It is not only for the current season of "Girls" but also for other future seasons as it might be in the same schedule as that of the upcoming instalments of the "Star Wars" saga.
However, there might have been some negotiations and the scheduling issue may have already been resolved and Driver might be coming in to close the deal soon. As the filming schedule is fast approaching, the scouting for other casts of the latest Lucasfilm is being made and more news on the major roles might be released to the waiting public.
The epic space opera saga is kept alive even with the long interval between the first trilogy and the second trilogy because of the massive fan base that franchise has maintained through TV, comics, books, and videogames, according to Wikipedia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date