‘300: Rise of an Empire’ Releases 45 New Still Images! What Took the Sequel so Long?
By charmaine corne clutton | February 27, 2014 11:15 AM EST
The upcoming sequel to the movie "300" has released 45 still images for the public's perusal. Many fans are excited for the sequel, as they get to see the epic battle between the Persians and Greeks unfold once more. The 2006 war film "300" amassed a staggering amount of $456, 068,181 in the box office, making it one of the largest grossing films of all time. Can the sequel, "300: Rise of an Empire" top its 2006 predecessor?
Directed by Noam Murro, the sequel will feature the likes of Sullivan Stapleton, Eva Green, Lena Headey, Hans Matheson, David Wenham, Rodrigo Santoro, Igal Naor, Callan Mulvey, Jack O'Connell and Andrew Tiernan. It is not sure whether lead star Gerard Butler is going to be featured in the sequel.
The movie installments are based on Frank Miller's graphic novel, "Xerxes" where the epic battle of Thermopylae in the Persian Wars is recounted. The new chapter to the saga primarily focuses on the action that happens on the sea, as the fierce Greek general Themistokles (Sullivan Stapleton) attempts to consolidate the whole of Greece to change the course of the war. In the upcoming sequel, the Greek General Themistokles has to battle it against the mortal-turned-god Xerxes (Rodrigo Santoro) and Artemisia (Eva Green), the vengeful general who commands the Persian army.
Fans' long wait will finally come to an end on March 7, 2014 as the "300: Rise of an Empire" shall be officially shown in major cinemas. It took a total of 7 years for a sequel to the blockbuster 2006 hit to come to fruition. Many fans have been asking what really took so long for the sequel to be produced. According to Crave Online, one plausible reason for the long years of wait is that the producers have been waiting for comic artist Frank Miller to produce a comic in which they could base the sequel. The comic artist failed to deliver; hence, only after 7 years did the producers go on their own way to create the sequel.
Fans have also been casting doubt on director Noam Murro's credibility in directing the movie, as he only has one feature low-budget comedy film, "Smart People," under his belt.
Check out the 45 video stills of the most anticipated movie here: "300: Rise of an Empire Unleashes 45 New Stills"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast