NBA News: Los Angeles Clippers the Favourites to Sign Danny Granger, San Antonio Spurs Lurking in the Background
By James Patrick Quizon | February 27, 2014 11:09 AM EST
After getting a boot from contending team Indiana Pacers via a trade before the deadline, it appears veteran forward Danny Granger is set to return to play for a contender as the Los Angeles Clippers have become the frontrunners for his services according to various reports.
NBA: Miami Heat at Indiana Pacers
"A trade is never easy, especially when you have been with one team your entire career," Granger said Wednesday in a statement to NBA.com "But, the professionalism, honesty, time and care the Philadelphia 76ers spent on my situation made me feel appreciated and confident we would reach a mutually beneficial resolution,” Granger said in a statement via the league’s official website.
NBA.com reported Wednesday night of a buyout agreement between Granger the Philadelphia 76ers. If and when he clears waivers after 48 hours—which is widely expected-- Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports is reporting that the Clippers have emerged as the frontrunners as his destination.
However, the San Antonio Spurs are also in pursuit of the 30-year-old forward promising a “Robert Horry” type of role if he signs with the Texas squad.
Other teams, as per David Aldridge of NBA.com, have also shown interest namely the Miami Heat, Chicago Bulls and Dallas Mavericks.
Sixers, Danny Granger finishing buyout today, per sources. Teams in hunt: Clips, Bulls, Heat, Rockets, Spurs.
— David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) February 26, 2014
Granger is a one-time NBA All-Star (2008-2009) and spent all of his nine years in the NBA with the Pacers. He missed all but five games last season after various injuries. He played in 29 games this season, started in two, with averages of 8.3 points and 3.6 rebounds in 22.5 minutes per game.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- 2014 Dancing With The Stars Australia: Former AFL Star David Rodan Declared Winner
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates