NBA News: Los Angeles Clippers the Favourites to Sign Danny Granger, San Antonio Spurs Lurking in the Background
By James Patrick Quizon | February 27, 2014 11:09 AM EST
After getting a boot from contending team Indiana Pacers via a trade before the deadline, it appears veteran forward Danny Granger is set to return to play for a contender as the Los Angeles Clippers have become the frontrunners for his services according to various reports.
NBA: Miami Heat at Indiana Pacers
"A trade is never easy, especially when you have been with one team your entire career," Granger said Wednesday in a statement to NBA.com "But, the professionalism, honesty, time and care the Philadelphia 76ers spent on my situation made me feel appreciated and confident we would reach a mutually beneficial resolution,” Granger said in a statement via the league’s official website.
NBA.com reported Wednesday night of a buyout agreement between Granger the Philadelphia 76ers. If and when he clears waivers after 48 hours—which is widely expected-- Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports is reporting that the Clippers have emerged as the frontrunners as his destination.
However, the San Antonio Spurs are also in pursuit of the 30-year-old forward promising a “Robert Horry” type of role if he signs with the Texas squad.
Other teams, as per David Aldridge of NBA.com, have also shown interest namely the Miami Heat, Chicago Bulls and Dallas Mavericks.
Sixers, Danny Granger finishing buyout today, per sources. Teams in hunt: Clips, Bulls, Heat, Rockets, Spurs.
— David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) February 26, 2014
Granger is a one-time NBA All-Star (2008-2009) and spent all of his nine years in the NBA with the Pacers. He missed all but five games last season after various injuries. He played in 29 games this season, started in two, with averages of 8.3 points and 3.6 rebounds in 22.5 minutes per game.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation