NBA News: Los Angeles Clippers the Favourites to Sign Danny Granger, San Antonio Spurs Lurking in the Background
By James Patrick Quizon | February 27, 2014 11:09 AM EST
After getting a boot from contending team Indiana Pacers via a trade before the deadline, it appears veteran forward Danny Granger is set to return to play for a contender as the Los Angeles Clippers have become the frontrunners for his services according to various reports.
NBA: Miami Heat at Indiana Pacers
"A trade is never easy, especially when you have been with one team your entire career," Granger said Wednesday in a statement to NBA.com "But, the professionalism, honesty, time and care the Philadelphia 76ers spent on my situation made me feel appreciated and confident we would reach a mutually beneficial resolution,” Granger said in a statement via the league’s official website.
NBA.com reported Wednesday night of a buyout agreement between Granger the Philadelphia 76ers. If and when he clears waivers after 48 hours—which is widely expected-- Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports is reporting that the Clippers have emerged as the frontrunners as his destination.
However, the San Antonio Spurs are also in pursuit of the 30-year-old forward promising a “Robert Horry” type of role if he signs with the Texas squad.
Other teams, as per David Aldridge of NBA.com, have also shown interest namely the Miami Heat, Chicago Bulls and Dallas Mavericks.
Sixers, Danny Granger finishing buyout today, per sources. Teams in hunt: Clips, Bulls, Heat, Rockets, Spurs.
— David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) February 26, 2014
Granger is a one-time NBA All-Star (2008-2009) and spent all of his nine years in the NBA with the Pacers. He missed all but five games last season after various injuries. He played in 29 games this season, started in two, with averages of 8.3 points and 3.6 rebounds in 22.5 minutes per game.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect