NBA News: Los Angeles Clippers the Favourites to Sign Danny Granger, San Antonio Spurs Lurking in the Background
By James Patrick Quizon | February 27, 2014 11:09 AM EST
After getting a boot from contending team Indiana Pacers via a trade before the deadline, it appears veteran forward Danny Granger is set to return to play for a contender as the Los Angeles Clippers have become the frontrunners for his services according to various reports.
NBA: Miami Heat at Indiana Pacers
"A trade is never easy, especially when you have been with one team your entire career," Granger said Wednesday in a statement to NBA.com "But, the professionalism, honesty, time and care the Philadelphia 76ers spent on my situation made me feel appreciated and confident we would reach a mutually beneficial resolution,” Granger said in a statement via the league’s official website.
NBA.com reported Wednesday night of a buyout agreement between Granger the Philadelphia 76ers. If and when he clears waivers after 48 hours—which is widely expected-- Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports is reporting that the Clippers have emerged as the frontrunners as his destination.
However, the San Antonio Spurs are also in pursuit of the 30-year-old forward promising a “Robert Horry” type of role if he signs with the Texas squad.
Other teams, as per David Aldridge of NBA.com, have also shown interest namely the Miami Heat, Chicago Bulls and Dallas Mavericks.
Sixers, Danny Granger finishing buyout today, per sources. Teams in hunt: Clips, Bulls, Heat, Rockets, Spurs.
— David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) February 26, 2014
Granger is a one-time NBA All-Star (2008-2009) and spent all of his nine years in the NBA with the Pacers. He missed all but five games last season after various injuries. He played in 29 games this season, started in two, with averages of 8.3 points and 3.6 rebounds in 22.5 minutes per game.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy