NBA News: Los Angeles Clippers the Favourites to Sign Danny Granger, San Antonio Spurs Lurking in the Background
By James Patrick Quizon | February 27, 2014 11:09 AM EST
After getting a boot from contending team Indiana Pacers via a trade before the deadline, it appears veteran forward Danny Granger is set to return to play for a contender as the Los Angeles Clippers have become the frontrunners for his services according to various reports.
NBA: Miami Heat at Indiana Pacers
"A trade is never easy, especially when you have been with one team your entire career," Granger said Wednesday in a statement to NBA.com "But, the professionalism, honesty, time and care the Philadelphia 76ers spent on my situation made me feel appreciated and confident we would reach a mutually beneficial resolution,” Granger said in a statement via the league’s official website.
NBA.com reported Wednesday night of a buyout agreement between Granger the Philadelphia 76ers. If and when he clears waivers after 48 hours—which is widely expected-- Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports is reporting that the Clippers have emerged as the frontrunners as his destination.
However, the San Antonio Spurs are also in pursuit of the 30-year-old forward promising a “Robert Horry” type of role if he signs with the Texas squad.
Other teams, as per David Aldridge of NBA.com, have also shown interest namely the Miami Heat, Chicago Bulls and Dallas Mavericks.
Sixers, Danny Granger finishing buyout today, per sources. Teams in hunt: Clips, Bulls, Heat, Rockets, Spurs.
— David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) February 26, 2014
Granger is a one-time NBA All-Star (2008-2009) and spent all of his nine years in the NBA with the Pacers. He missed all but five games last season after various injuries. He played in 29 games this season, started in two, with averages of 8.3 points and 3.6 rebounds in 22.5 minutes per game.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June