'Jurassic Park 4' Movie News: Underwater Dinosaurs in Hawaii?
By Vanessa Francisco | February 27, 2014 10:01 AM EST
The first pictures from the "Jurassic World" movie set in Kauai and Oahu, Hawaii, have been revealed along with some juicy spoilers that could give fans a good idea about how the fourth version of the Jurassic Park franchise would be after over 20 years of waiting.
The pictures, taken by OnLocationVacations, show huge wooden scaffolding under an overcast sky that dimmed the mountain setting. The images were taken from a distance at Kualoa Ranch, where the original 1993 "Jurassic Park" movie was also actually filmed. For those interested and happen to be in the area, reports are saying that the set can be seen from the Pali Lookout near the fishpond and Chinaman's Hat.
Film producer Patrick Crowley, speaking to the Honolulu Pulse, said the shoot is scheduled to begin in Hawaii in April. The filming will run for around 6 weeks in Kauai and Oahu.
In the same interview, Mr Crowley also explained why the island was the ideal setting for the movie. "It has the best jungle in the world," the producer said. "A bit of green goes a very long way. There is a fabulous jungle there and it is relatively accessible. You need to get to the Amazon to get what you need," he added.
According to JoBlo, which got hold of the overall concept of the film from a "trusted and reliable", but unnamed, source, the movie will feature underwater dinosaurs, with the film being shot in the water-bound region of Hawaii. The alleged plot information reveals that "Jurassic Park 4" will be set on Isla Nublar with an operational dinosaur theme park similar to Sea World, including an area called the Isla Nublar Lagoon. The park was safe until a new dinosaur wreaks havoc and the tamed Velociraptors and maybe T-Rex will be used to fight the threat. The concept art reportedly shows an aquatic dino, jumping from a lagoon and eating a huge white shark like it was a dolphin at Sea World.
See the "Jurassic World" set here.
According to movie director Colin Trevorrow, "Jurassic World" will be a sequel and not a completely new one. He said that the setting is 22 years in the future, in answer to a question from a fan on Twitter asking if the film is going to be a reboot.
@pfcbains916 Reboot is a strong word. This is a new sci-fi terror adventure set 22 years after the horrific events of Jurassic Park.
— Colin Trevorrow (@colintrevorrow) November 23, 2013
The "Jurassic Park" movies are based on a series of novels about pre-historic animals revived by the latest revolutionary gene technology written by Michael Crichton. Frank Marshall will co-produce the movie alongside Mr Crowley and Steven Spielberg, who directed the first two "Jurassic Park" installments.
"Jurassic World" is set to hit the cinemas on June 12, 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert