Katy Perry-John Mayer Break Up: 'Dark Horse' Singer Dumped Her Boyfriend?
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 27, 2014 12:59 AM EST
Celebrity couple Katy Perry and John Mayer has reportedly parted ways, ending a relationship of almost two years.
Perry broke up with Mayer in the last few days, a source close to the pair told E! News. The report added that it is not known what made the "Dark Horse" singer dump her boyfriend.
Katy Perry with John Mayer
The reports of their breakup surfaced barely a week after they were spotted spending Valentine's Day together.
The celebrity couple has not confirmed their split but they seem to be avoiding each other of late. Mayer was not with Perry when she visited London and Milan. She returned to Los Angeles last Friday, sparking off speculations of a possible breakup.
The duo, who went public with their relationship in 2012, split last March before reconciling again. They seemed to be going strong since then and gushed about each other in public and collaborated for the song "Who You Love." Even reports of their engagement hit the headlines after Perry was spotted wearing a huge diamond ring last week.
Grazia magazine went a step ahead by reporting that the duo would marry this summer and have asked Perry's pastor father Keith Hudson to officiate the wedding.
"They'd love a June wedding. They want to get married at the San Ysidro Ranch in Katy's home town of Santa Barbara," Grazia quoted a source as saying.
Perry had earlier talked about how thrilled she was when she got the chance to do a duet with Mayer.
"I've been a fan of John's for years before I got to actually kiss him. I've been such a fan, I think he's so incredibly talented and gifted and a genius songwriter. So to be a part of anything he was doing was just natural," Daily Mail quoted the singer as saying.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools