iPhone 6 vs. Samsung Galaxy S5 vs. LG G2 Pro: Which Flagship Is Better?
By Precious Silva | February 26, 2014 11:43 PM EST
New Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphones are seen on a display at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
With these two companies already leading the way, the market has been keen on finding what Apple will do next. The company has been a top player for many years. But increasing competition is challenging that position. Which flagship is better: iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy S5 or LG G2 Pro?
Recent patent reports indicated Apple stepping up the features of iPhone 6 unlike any other. Among other things, the most interesting change is the screen. According to reports, Apple will expand the screen size of the next iPhone. There will be options: 4.7-inch unit and 5-inch unit. The latter will reportedly be phablet.
Durability and ingenuity are also part of Apple's agenda. The company secured a patent and deal focusing on the use of sapphire materials on display. The sapphire material is second to diamond being scratch-resistant. It was also reported Apple wants solar cells under the sapphire display for solar charging.
Forbes reported Apple's move toward Nanosys. The venture will focus on the production of Quantum dot technology giving Apple's iPhone 6 similar display quality like Kindle Fire HDX 7. People may also see an A8 processor following the 64-bit architecture of A7. If A7 is any indicator then people can expect more power.
Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung's latest smartphone, the Samsung Galaxy S5 offers the following features:
- Size: 142 x 72.5 x 8.1
- Weight: 145 grams
- 5.1-inch FHD Super AMOLED display (1920 x 1080 resolution)
- 2.5 GHz quad-core processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 16 GB / 32 GB memory
- microSD support up to 64 GB
- 16-megapixel camera with UHD 4K video recording at 30 fps and various software features
- 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera
- LTE Cat 4 (150/50 Mbps) support
- 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac HT80 MIMO (2×2) Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 4.0 BLE/ANT_
- USB 3.0
- IR Remote
- 2800 mAh battery
- IP67 dust and water-resistant
- Fingerprint scanner
- Heart rate sensor
- Android 4.4 KitKat
There are also excellent apps like Download Booster, Ultra Power Saving Mode, S Health 3.0, Private Mode, Quick Connect and Kids Mode. According to Samsung, the company wants to go to basics and cater to the daily needs of the users.
LG G Pro 2
LG Electronics also announced its G Pro 2 at the Mobile World Congress 2014. The device features a 5.9-inch full-HD touch screen, 13MP camera and Android 4.4 KitKat. It packs a Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800, quad-core 2.26 GHz Krait 400 and Adreno 330. LG has invested on the software of the device making it closer to top players like Apple and Samsung.
Other features include:
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- SNS applications
- MP4/H.264/H.263/WMV/DviX player
- MP3/WMA/WAV/FLAC/eAAC+/AC3 player
- Photo viewer/editor
- Document viewer/editor
- Voice memo/dial/commands
- Predictive text input
People will have to wait for Apple to release iPhone 6 to check if it lives up to the expectation.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight