Former Gangsta Wife, Roberta Williams, Not Happy with Channel Nine’s 'Fat Tony & Co'
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 26, 2014 10:48 PM EST
Roberta Williams, the former wife of late gangster, Carl Williams, is not happy with how she and her family were portrayed in Channel Nine's "Fat Tony & Co" mini-series, according to a Sydney Morning Herald report.
"My parenting skills are a lot better than they portray them to be on the series," Roberta said, as quoted by Sydney Morning Herald. "I certainly don't sit around taking drugs in public or anywhere else. I don't speak to my children the way they portrayed me to do so ... It was far from what [Carl] was like."
According to Williams, Carl was also incorrectly portrayed and whatever they showed him was not true. The gangster wife said that Carl did not point a gun at her pregnant belly, as was shown in the episode. However, she said that he had shot at her to "scare" her when she had confronted him over an alleged affair.
"... he was having an affair with some girl, I confronted him and he got a bit angry at me and he shot at me," she said, as quoted by Mail Online.
"Fat Tony & Co" airs on Sunday. This show is based on one of Australia's most "notorious criminals," Tony Mokbel, according to Channel Nine. He survived the gangland wars and became one of the richest criminals in Australia, and later became one of the most wanted men. An "intense manhunt" was launched to nab him, and to dismantle his drug empire. According to the official synopsis of this show, Australian police received a "miraculous tip-off," providing information that Mokbel was living in Athens, Greece under a false name and documents.
Mokbel was captured in 2007, and his extradition request was granted in 2008. The Supreme Court of Victoria sentenced him to 30 years, with a minimum term of 22 years, in 2012. He has had links to Carl Williams. Both of them were involved in the Melbourne gangland killings.
The Australian reports that nearly 1.379 million viewers tuned-in to watch the premiere episode of "Fat Tony & Co."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence