Former Gangsta Wife, Roberta Williams, Not Happy with Channel Nine’s 'Fat Tony & Co'
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 26, 2014 10:48 PM EST
Roberta Williams, the former wife of late gangster, Carl Williams, is not happy with how she and her family were portrayed in Channel Nine's "Fat Tony & Co" mini-series, according to a Sydney Morning Herald report.
"My parenting skills are a lot better than they portray them to be on the series," Roberta said, as quoted by Sydney Morning Herald. "I certainly don't sit around taking drugs in public or anywhere else. I don't speak to my children the way they portrayed me to do so ... It was far from what [Carl] was like."
According to Williams, Carl was also incorrectly portrayed and whatever they showed him was not true. The gangster wife said that Carl did not point a gun at her pregnant belly, as was shown in the episode. However, she said that he had shot at her to "scare" her when she had confronted him over an alleged affair.
"... he was having an affair with some girl, I confronted him and he got a bit angry at me and he shot at me," she said, as quoted by Mail Online.
"Fat Tony & Co" airs on Sunday. This show is based on one of Australia's most "notorious criminals," Tony Mokbel, according to Channel Nine. He survived the gangland wars and became one of the richest criminals in Australia, and later became one of the most wanted men. An "intense manhunt" was launched to nab him, and to dismantle his drug empire. According to the official synopsis of this show, Australian police received a "miraculous tip-off," providing information that Mokbel was living in Athens, Greece under a false name and documents.
Mokbel was captured in 2007, and his extradition request was granted in 2008. The Supreme Court of Victoria sentenced him to 30 years, with a minimum term of 22 years, in 2012. He has had links to Carl Williams. Both of them were involved in the Melbourne gangland killings.
The Australian reports that nearly 1.379 million viewers tuned-in to watch the premiere episode of "Fat Tony & Co."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal