Alec Baldwin to Stop Talking about Public Life in Media
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 26, 2014 10:47 PM EST
Alec Baldwin, 55, has quit public life. The "30 Rock" actor says that he is done with New York. In a 5,284-word confession essay, written for a New York Magazine story, the actor says that there has been a shift in his life. Baldwin also expressed his despise for the media.
Baldwin also writes it is the last time he is talking about his public life in the media. He says, "... I loathe and despise the media in a way I did not think possible. I used to engage with the media knowing that some of it would be adversarial, but now it's superfluous at best and toxic at its worst."
This hate for the media is mainly because of the way he has been presented as a homophobe and racist by the media. As a result of the homophobe and the racist tag, Baldwin has lost a contract, his show was cancelled, and he has experienced "frosty reception" at the opening of play.
Baldwin writes that he cannot live in New York anymore. He is craving for everything that he had once hated about L.A. The actor writes: "L.A. is a place where you live behind a gate, you get in a car, your interaction with the public is minimal. I used to hate that. But New York has changed."
He writes that Manhattan has become like Beverly Hills, and Brooklyn now has New York's soul, as "everything new and exciting" seems to be happening there. Baldwin wants his child to have a "normal and decent a life." He does not see New York as the place where he can provide such a life to his child.
Baldwin concludes his write-up by saying, "There's a way I could have done things differently. I know that. If I offended anyone along the way, I do apologize. But the solution for me now is: I've lived this for 30 years, I'm done with it."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date