Kid Cudi's New Track 'Too Bad I Have To Destroy You Now' About Ex-Mentor Kanye West? [VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | February 26, 2014 10:40 PM EST
There is speculation in the media that Kid Cudi is talking about his ex-mentor Kanye West in the new song "Too Bad I Have To Destroy You Now." If the lyrics of the new song are taken into consideration, it surely seems like Cudi is venting out his feelings towards the "Yeezus" rapper.
Kanye West and Kim Kardashian (Photo: Reuters)
"Things changed, for the good/He watched my back until the world started knowin' my name/This should be in the Bible, middle finger up to the people who don't like you/Who have no valid reason to say they never liked you," the lyrics of the song goes.
Things went sour between Kid Cudi and Kanye West when the former left Kanye's "G.O.O.D Music" in April, 2013. Though the 30-year-old Cudi is quite open about working with Kanye again (Kanye was his mentor once), the lyrics of his song suggest mixed feelings. If we dissect the words from Cudi's new song, it appears that he is credits Kanye for "watching his back" until he became famous. He also talks about "middle finger."
It is not sure whether Cudi is attacking Kanye or actually talking about him in good sense. According to Hollywood Life, the new song sees Kid Cudi "take a jab at ex-mentor Kanye West."
Hip Hop artist Cudi is definitely basking in the glory of success these days after he surprised everyone by dropping his new album "Satellite Flight: The Journey to Mother Moon" on Monday.
"I just know that people are really gonna love this music [because] it's perfect and brings them right back to the Man on the Moon theme," Kid Cudi revealed in a recent interview with MTV News.
"[Satellite Flight] starts where Indicud left off perfectly, and takes you right into MOTM III," Cudi told MTV News. "It's like a TV show that ends with that cliffhanger. The album ends that way, where you get that one song and before you know it, the song is over and the album is over, but there's a 'to be continued...' There's more to the story," he adds.
"Time to make the world stand still," the rapper tweeted before the surprise release of the album.
"Satellite Flight: The Journey to Mother Moon" is currently available only through digital retailers. The physical copy of it is expected to be out by April 29. Meanwhile listen to the track "Too Bad I Have To Destroy You Now" below and tell us if you too feel Cudi is attacking Kanye West in it or talking highly about him?
Source: youtube.com/DA HOMIE YA·
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions