Kid Cudi's New Track 'Too Bad I Have To Destroy You Now' About Ex-Mentor Kanye West? [VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | February 26, 2014 10:40 PM EST
There is speculation in the media that Kid Cudi is talking about his ex-mentor Kanye West in the new song "Too Bad I Have To Destroy You Now." If the lyrics of the new song are taken into consideration, it surely seems like Cudi is venting out his feelings towards the "Yeezus" rapper.
Kanye West and Kim Kardashian (Photo: Reuters)
"Things changed, for the good/He watched my back until the world started knowin' my name/This should be in the Bible, middle finger up to the people who don't like you/Who have no valid reason to say they never liked you," the lyrics of the song goes.
Things went sour between Kid Cudi and Kanye West when the former left Kanye's "G.O.O.D Music" in April, 2013. Though the 30-year-old Cudi is quite open about working with Kanye again (Kanye was his mentor once), the lyrics of his song suggest mixed feelings. If we dissect the words from Cudi's new song, it appears that he is credits Kanye for "watching his back" until he became famous. He also talks about "middle finger."
It is not sure whether Cudi is attacking Kanye or actually talking about him in good sense. According to Hollywood Life, the new song sees Kid Cudi "take a jab at ex-mentor Kanye West."
Hip Hop artist Cudi is definitely basking in the glory of success these days after he surprised everyone by dropping his new album "Satellite Flight: The Journey to Mother Moon" on Monday.
"I just know that people are really gonna love this music [because] it's perfect and brings them right back to the Man on the Moon theme," Kid Cudi revealed in a recent interview with MTV News.
"[Satellite Flight] starts where Indicud left off perfectly, and takes you right into MOTM III," Cudi told MTV News. "It's like a TV show that ends with that cliffhanger. The album ends that way, where you get that one song and before you know it, the song is over and the album is over, but there's a 'to be continued...' There's more to the story," he adds.
"Time to make the world stand still," the rapper tweeted before the surprise release of the album.
"Satellite Flight: The Journey to Mother Moon" is currently available only through digital retailers. The physical copy of it is expected to be out by April 29. Meanwhile listen to the track "Too Bad I Have To Destroy You Now" below and tell us if you too feel Cudi is attacking Kanye West in it or talking highly about him?
Source: youtube.com/DA HOMIE YA·
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 15-19, 2014: Ava And Morgan Talk About The Baby
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Kim Kardashian-West Frantically Tries For Second Baby To Match Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Timeline
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- Pope Francis Blasted For Defying Catholic Doctrine, Marries 20 Couples Who Have Cohabited And Had Children In No Else But St Peter's Basilica