Kid Cudi's New Track 'Too Bad I Have To Destroy You Now' About Ex-Mentor Kanye West? [VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | February 26, 2014 10:40 PM EST
There is speculation in the media that Kid Cudi is talking about his ex-mentor Kanye West in the new song "Too Bad I Have To Destroy You Now." If the lyrics of the new song are taken into consideration, it surely seems like Cudi is venting out his feelings towards the "Yeezus" rapper.
Kanye West and Kim Kardashian (Photo: Reuters)
"Things changed, for the good/He watched my back until the world started knowin' my name/This should be in the Bible, middle finger up to the people who don't like you/Who have no valid reason to say they never liked you," the lyrics of the song goes.
Things went sour between Kid Cudi and Kanye West when the former left Kanye's "G.O.O.D Music" in April, 2013. Though the 30-year-old Cudi is quite open about working with Kanye again (Kanye was his mentor once), the lyrics of his song suggest mixed feelings. If we dissect the words from Cudi's new song, it appears that he is credits Kanye for "watching his back" until he became famous. He also talks about "middle finger."
It is not sure whether Cudi is attacking Kanye or actually talking about him in good sense. According to Hollywood Life, the new song sees Kid Cudi "take a jab at ex-mentor Kanye West."
Hip Hop artist Cudi is definitely basking in the glory of success these days after he surprised everyone by dropping his new album "Satellite Flight: The Journey to Mother Moon" on Monday.
"I just know that people are really gonna love this music [because] it's perfect and brings them right back to the Man on the Moon theme," Kid Cudi revealed in a recent interview with MTV News.
"[Satellite Flight] starts where Indicud left off perfectly, and takes you right into MOTM III," Cudi told MTV News. "It's like a TV show that ends with that cliffhanger. The album ends that way, where you get that one song and before you know it, the song is over and the album is over, but there's a 'to be continued...' There's more to the story," he adds.
"Time to make the world stand still," the rapper tweeted before the surprise release of the album.
"Satellite Flight: The Journey to Mother Moon" is currently available only through digital retailers. The physical copy of it is expected to be out by April 29. Meanwhile listen to the track "Too Bad I Have To Destroy You Now" below and tell us if you too feel Cudi is attacking Kanye West in it or talking highly about him?
Source: youtube.com/DA HOMIE YA·
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase