Natalie Portman is Sad After not Being Cast in ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’
By charmaine corne clutton | February 26, 2014 10:30 PM EST
The "Black Swan" star Natalie Portman has revealed that she is sad over not being included in the upcoming "Star Wars: Episode VII" that is set to be released in 2015. The Oscar-winner actress' role in the sci-fi blockbuster is Padme Amidala, who was said to have died in childbirth. The secret wife of Anakin Skywalker and mother to both Luke Skywalker and Leia in the 2005 "Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith."
Given that Portman's role in the last episode died (Amidala), fans won't be seeing the pretty face in the forthcoming "Star Wars" film. Natalie has since then expressed her dismay over not being able to work with director JJ Abrams.
"I am so excited about them. I think JJ Abrams is such a talent and I can't wait to see what he does. I am only sorry that my character died, which means I can't be in them. I saw him somewhere and I said "How did this happen? I can't believe I'm not going to be in the new movie." Portman said when asked about her thoughts on the forthcoming installment of the sci-fi franchise. The story plot of the seventh installment is said to focus on Princess Leia, Han Solo and Luke Skywalker.
Meanwhile, Director JJ Abrams is busy pooling the cast members for the said movie. Transformers 4 star Jack Reynor, who was previously reported to have landed a role in the sci-flick, is not going to be included in the seventh installment of the film series. Other celebrities who are reported to be included in the movie include Judy Dench, Gary Oldman, Michael B Jordan, Michael Fassbender and Zac Efron.
Moreover, Director JJ Abrams already confirmed that the script for "Star Wars: Episode VII" is already finished. The director has also confirmed that he has been on the negotiating table with Breaking Bad actor Jesse Plemons although the latter denied the rumors of his official casting in the sci-fi flick last weekend. Many celebrities have been eyeing to land a role in the lucrative franchise which has amassed billions in revenue over the years.
JJ Abrams is said to schedule the taping of the movie from May to September. Fans will officially get to see the movie on the big screen on December 18, 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6