Natalie Portman is Sad After not Being Cast in ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’
By charmaine corne clutton | February 26, 2014 10:30 PM EST
The "Black Swan" star Natalie Portman has revealed that she is sad over not being included in the upcoming "Star Wars: Episode VII" that is set to be released in 2015. The Oscar-winner actress' role in the sci-fi blockbuster is Padme Amidala, who was said to have died in childbirth. The secret wife of Anakin Skywalker and mother to both Luke Skywalker and Leia in the 2005 "Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith."
Given that Portman's role in the last episode died (Amidala), fans won't be seeing the pretty face in the forthcoming "Star Wars" film. Natalie has since then expressed her dismay over not being able to work with director JJ Abrams.
"I am so excited about them. I think JJ Abrams is such a talent and I can't wait to see what he does. I am only sorry that my character died, which means I can't be in them. I saw him somewhere and I said "How did this happen? I can't believe I'm not going to be in the new movie." Portman said when asked about her thoughts on the forthcoming installment of the sci-fi franchise. The story plot of the seventh installment is said to focus on Princess Leia, Han Solo and Luke Skywalker.
Meanwhile, Director JJ Abrams is busy pooling the cast members for the said movie. Transformers 4 star Jack Reynor, who was previously reported to have landed a role in the sci-flick, is not going to be included in the seventh installment of the film series. Other celebrities who are reported to be included in the movie include Judy Dench, Gary Oldman, Michael B Jordan, Michael Fassbender and Zac Efron.
Moreover, Director JJ Abrams already confirmed that the script for "Star Wars: Episode VII" is already finished. The director has also confirmed that he has been on the negotiating table with Breaking Bad actor Jesse Plemons although the latter denied the rumors of his official casting in the sci-fi flick last weekend. Many celebrities have been eyeing to land a role in the lucrative franchise which has amassed billions in revenue over the years.
JJ Abrams is said to schedule the taping of the movie from May to September. Fans will officially get to see the movie on the big screen on December 18, 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money