Natalie Portman is Sad After not Being Cast in ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’
By charmaine corne clutton | February 26, 2014 10:30 PM EST
The "Black Swan" star Natalie Portman has revealed that she is sad over not being included in the upcoming "Star Wars: Episode VII" that is set to be released in 2015. The Oscar-winner actress' role in the sci-fi blockbuster is Padme Amidala, who was said to have died in childbirth. The secret wife of Anakin Skywalker and mother to both Luke Skywalker and Leia in the 2005 "Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith."
Given that Portman's role in the last episode died (Amidala), fans won't be seeing the pretty face in the forthcoming "Star Wars" film. Natalie has since then expressed her dismay over not being able to work with director JJ Abrams.
"I am so excited about them. I think JJ Abrams is such a talent and I can't wait to see what he does. I am only sorry that my character died, which means I can't be in them. I saw him somewhere and I said "How did this happen? I can't believe I'm not going to be in the new movie." Portman said when asked about her thoughts on the forthcoming installment of the sci-fi franchise. The story plot of the seventh installment is said to focus on Princess Leia, Han Solo and Luke Skywalker.
Meanwhile, Director JJ Abrams is busy pooling the cast members for the said movie. Transformers 4 star Jack Reynor, who was previously reported to have landed a role in the sci-flick, is not going to be included in the seventh installment of the film series. Other celebrities who are reported to be included in the movie include Judy Dench, Gary Oldman, Michael B Jordan, Michael Fassbender and Zac Efron.
Moreover, Director JJ Abrams already confirmed that the script for "Star Wars: Episode VII" is already finished. The director has also confirmed that he has been on the negotiating table with Breaking Bad actor Jesse Plemons although the latter denied the rumors of his official casting in the sci-fi flick last weekend. Many celebrities have been eyeing to land a role in the lucrative franchise which has amassed billions in revenue over the years.
JJ Abrams is said to schedule the taping of the movie from May to September. Fans will officially get to see the movie on the big screen on December 18, 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation