Natalie Portman is Sad After not Being Cast in ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’
By charmaine corne clutton | February 26, 2014 10:30 PM EST
The "Black Swan" star Natalie Portman has revealed that she is sad over not being included in the upcoming "Star Wars: Episode VII" that is set to be released in 2015. The Oscar-winner actress' role in the sci-fi blockbuster is Padme Amidala, who was said to have died in childbirth. The secret wife of Anakin Skywalker and mother to both Luke Skywalker and Leia in the 2005 "Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith."
Given that Portman's role in the last episode died (Amidala), fans won't be seeing the pretty face in the forthcoming "Star Wars" film. Natalie has since then expressed her dismay over not being able to work with director JJ Abrams.
"I am so excited about them. I think JJ Abrams is such a talent and I can't wait to see what he does. I am only sorry that my character died, which means I can't be in them. I saw him somewhere and I said "How did this happen? I can't believe I'm not going to be in the new movie." Portman said when asked about her thoughts on the forthcoming installment of the sci-fi franchise. The story plot of the seventh installment is said to focus on Princess Leia, Han Solo and Luke Skywalker.
Meanwhile, Director JJ Abrams is busy pooling the cast members for the said movie. Transformers 4 star Jack Reynor, who was previously reported to have landed a role in the sci-flick, is not going to be included in the seventh installment of the film series. Other celebrities who are reported to be included in the movie include Judy Dench, Gary Oldman, Michael B Jordan, Michael Fassbender and Zac Efron.
Moreover, Director JJ Abrams already confirmed that the script for "Star Wars: Episode VII" is already finished. The director has also confirmed that he has been on the negotiating table with Breaking Bad actor Jesse Plemons although the latter denied the rumors of his official casting in the sci-fi flick last weekend. Many celebrities have been eyeing to land a role in the lucrative franchise which has amassed billions in revenue over the years.
JJ Abrams is said to schedule the taping of the movie from May to September. Fans will officially get to see the movie on the big screen on December 18, 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet