Box Office Collection: ‘Gunday’ Unlikely to Cross ₹100 Crore Mark in India; ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’ Still Running
By Ankita Mehta | February 26, 2014 9:30 PM EST
Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor starrer "Gunday" has a strong hold at the box office, but is unlikely to cross the 100 crore mark in India.
Including the second weekend earnings, the total of the film is ₹71 crore. To touch the ₹100 crore mark, the film requires an additional ₹29 crore, but it is unlikely that the film will earn that much money with its theatrical run, as new films have affected its business.
The lifetime domestic total of the film should rest with approximately 80 crore, which is pretty good considering the budget.
While, in India the film registered a good second weekend, in international market the collection declined drastically.
However, the overall overseas total of the film is good. In 10 days the action thriller minted ₹21.47 crore from international arena.
"#Gunday Overseas total [after Weekend 2]: $ 3.470 million [₹ 21.47 cr]. Very good!," trade analyst Taran Adarsh said.
The worldwide total of the film, which also stars Priyanka Chopra and Irrfan Khan now stands at ₹92.7 crore. It should cross the century mark at worldwide box office by third weekend.
Meanwhile, Parineeti Chopra and Sidharth Malhotra starrer romantic comedy is still raking in moolah in India and overseas market.
In India, the rom-com has earned ₹37.4 crore and from overseas box office the film earned total ₹12.24 crore.
"#HaseeTohPhasee Overseas total [after Weekend 3]: $ 1.976 million [₹ 12.24 cr]. Good," Adarsh tweeted.
The film has taken its overall score to ₹49 crore after third weekend.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Spoiler Update: Return of ‘Asylum’ Character
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate