Kannada Actor Jaggesh’s Son Gururaj to Marry Dutch Girlfriend in April
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 26, 2014 8:54 PM EST
Kannada actor-turned-politician Jaggesh's elder son Gururaj is all set to wed his Dutch girlfriend.
Gururaj, who has acted in two Kannada films "Gilli" and "Sankranti", met Katie Pyle from Holland while he was on a holiday in Thailand three years ago. They reportedly started dating and fell in love with each other.
"Katie, basically of German origin, is a pampered child whose grandparents fled Hitler's Germany and settled down in Holland. Her father is an oil researcher while her mother, an English teacher. Fate brought her to Thailand where she was training in kick boxing. Guru Raj was also there at the same time to learn the sport. Their wave lengths matched and they fell in love," Jaggesh told City Express.
The couple, who has been dating for the last three years, has decided to enter into wedlock with the approval of their parents. They will be tying the knot on 24 April, which happens to be actor Rajkumar's birthday. Jaggesh told the daily that he wanted to organize the wedding on the legendary star's birthday as he was his big fan.
The wedding will take place in London as Katie's 94-year-old grandmother cannot travel. However, a function will be held in Mantralaya, followed by a grand reception in Bangalore in May.
Talking about his parents' approval, Gururaj told The Times of India: "My parents are broadminded. I was afraid and was unsure about whether my father would accept my relationship with Katie, but my parents are happy with my choice. I am excited about starting a new phase in my life."
It seems Katie, who is working as a researcher in London, will quit her job and settle down in India. On the other hand, Gururaj will be continuing with his film commitments. The actor will be next seen in "Paipoti" helmed by director-cum-writer Ramnarayan.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 15-19, 2014: Ava And Morgan Talk About The Baby
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Kim Kardashian-West Frantically Tries For Second Baby To Match Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Timeline
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- Pope Francis Blasted For Defying Catholic Doctrine, Marries 20 Couples Who Have Cohabited And Had Children In No Else But St Peter's Basilica