Jared Leto's Oscar Date: Find Out His Mom's Reaction
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | February 26, 2014 7:40 PM EST
"30 Seconds to Mars" frontman Jared Leto revealed that he is bringing his mom as his date to the Oscars where he was nominated for Best Supporting Actor.
Jared Leto arrives at the 86th Academy Awards nominees luncheon in Beverly Hills
"My mothers face when @shannonleto and I told her she was coming to the #Oscars with us! :)," Jared Leto revealed his Oscar date with an image he shared on Instagram. Leto's mom seemed to look surprised by her son's invitation.
Since Leto's character in the movie "Dallas Buyers Club" as an HIV positive transgender prostitute, the actor has been rewarded with numerous awards including the Golden Globe and SAG Award. Reports continue to say that he might just snag a trophy at the Academy Awards on Mar. 2.
"...I think everybody knows how grateful I am now with 6 nominations [for the film], everybody has a lot to be grateful for," Leto told Entertainment Weekly on a report in January. Dallas Buyers Club received six nominations in the Academy Awards.
On Jared Leto's Web site, which he called "Notes From The Outernet," it was reported that during the film festival Leto was attending in Santa Barbara, someone from the crowd spoke and accused the actor/musician of "trans-misogyny."
According to an article in wiki.susans, trans-misogyny is a term invented by author Julia Serano in the book "Serano, Julia" in 2007 that describes how traditional sexism are applied to transsexual women.
"Because I'm a man, I don't deserve to play that part? So you would hold a role against someone who happened to be gay or lesbian-they can't play a straight part?" Jared Leto has simply asked.
Leto, according to Notes From The Outernet has the ability to not blink when a flashbulb shrinks his retinas to pinpoints. The Web site goes all out to say that not blinking is not entirely an instinct, but likely mastered on stages throughout the globe as frontman to 30 Seconds to Mars.
The actor/musician does not blink, inviting the critic backstage where they continued their discussion in private.
"It was the role of a lifetime," Leto told ABC News after being nominated in January. "It was an incredible thing to represent this group of people who largely are ignored."
Jared Leto is expected to attend the Academy Awards on Mar. 2, 2014 with his mother Constance and brother Shannon.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family