Jared Leto's Oscar Date: Find Out His Mom's Reaction
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | February 26, 2014 7:40 PM EST
"30 Seconds to Mars" frontman Jared Leto revealed that he is bringing his mom as his date to the Oscars where he was nominated for Best Supporting Actor.
Jared Leto arrives at the 86th Academy Awards nominees luncheon in Beverly Hills
"My mothers face when @shannonleto and I told her she was coming to the #Oscars with us! :)," Jared Leto revealed his Oscar date with an image he shared on Instagram. Leto's mom seemed to look surprised by her son's invitation.
Since Leto's character in the movie "Dallas Buyers Club" as an HIV positive transgender prostitute, the actor has been rewarded with numerous awards including the Golden Globe and SAG Award. Reports continue to say that he might just snag a trophy at the Academy Awards on Mar. 2.
"...I think everybody knows how grateful I am now with 6 nominations [for the film], everybody has a lot to be grateful for," Leto told Entertainment Weekly on a report in January. Dallas Buyers Club received six nominations in the Academy Awards.
On Jared Leto's Web site, which he called "Notes From The Outernet," it was reported that during the film festival Leto was attending in Santa Barbara, someone from the crowd spoke and accused the actor/musician of "trans-misogyny."
According to an article in wiki.susans, trans-misogyny is a term invented by author Julia Serano in the book "Serano, Julia" in 2007 that describes how traditional sexism are applied to transsexual women.
"Because I'm a man, I don't deserve to play that part? So you would hold a role against someone who happened to be gay or lesbian-they can't play a straight part?" Jared Leto has simply asked.
Leto, according to Notes From The Outernet has the ability to not blink when a flashbulb shrinks his retinas to pinpoints. The Web site goes all out to say that not blinking is not entirely an instinct, but likely mastered on stages throughout the globe as frontman to 30 Seconds to Mars.
The actor/musician does not blink, inviting the critic backstage where they continued their discussion in private.
"It was the role of a lifetime," Leto told ABC News after being nominated in January. "It was an incredible thing to represent this group of people who largely are ignored."
Jared Leto is expected to attend the Academy Awards on Mar. 2, 2014 with his mother Constance and brother Shannon.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’