Jared Leto's Oscar Date: Find Out His Mom's Reaction
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | February 26, 2014 7:40 PM EST
"30 Seconds to Mars" frontman Jared Leto revealed that he is bringing his mom as his date to the Oscars where he was nominated for Best Supporting Actor.
Jared Leto arrives at the 86th Academy Awards nominees luncheon in Beverly Hills
"My mothers face when @shannonleto and I told her she was coming to the #Oscars with us! :)," Jared Leto revealed his Oscar date with an image he shared on Instagram. Leto's mom seemed to look surprised by her son's invitation.
Since Leto's character in the movie "Dallas Buyers Club" as an HIV positive transgender prostitute, the actor has been rewarded with numerous awards including the Golden Globe and SAG Award. Reports continue to say that he might just snag a trophy at the Academy Awards on Mar. 2.
"...I think everybody knows how grateful I am now with 6 nominations [for the film], everybody has a lot to be grateful for," Leto told Entertainment Weekly on a report in January. Dallas Buyers Club received six nominations in the Academy Awards.
On Jared Leto's Web site, which he called "Notes From The Outernet," it was reported that during the film festival Leto was attending in Santa Barbara, someone from the crowd spoke and accused the actor/musician of "trans-misogyny."
According to an article in wiki.susans, trans-misogyny is a term invented by author Julia Serano in the book "Serano, Julia" in 2007 that describes how traditional sexism are applied to transsexual women.
"Because I'm a man, I don't deserve to play that part? So you would hold a role against someone who happened to be gay or lesbian-they can't play a straight part?" Jared Leto has simply asked.
Leto, according to Notes From The Outernet has the ability to not blink when a flashbulb shrinks his retinas to pinpoints. The Web site goes all out to say that not blinking is not entirely an instinct, but likely mastered on stages throughout the globe as frontman to 30 Seconds to Mars.
The actor/musician does not blink, inviting the critic backstage where they continued their discussion in private.
"It was the role of a lifetime," Leto told ABC News after being nominated in January. "It was an incredible thing to represent this group of people who largely are ignored."
Jared Leto is expected to attend the Academy Awards on Mar. 2, 2014 with his mother Constance and brother Shannon.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon