Jared Leto's Oscar Date: Find Out His Mom's Reaction
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | February 26, 2014 7:40 PM EST
"30 Seconds to Mars" frontman Jared Leto revealed that he is bringing his mom as his date to the Oscars where he was nominated for Best Supporting Actor.
Jared Leto arrives at the 86th Academy Awards nominees luncheon in Beverly Hills
"My mothers face when @shannonleto and I told her she was coming to the #Oscars with us! :)," Jared Leto revealed his Oscar date with an image he shared on Instagram. Leto's mom seemed to look surprised by her son's invitation.
Since Leto's character in the movie "Dallas Buyers Club" as an HIV positive transgender prostitute, the actor has been rewarded with numerous awards including the Golden Globe and SAG Award. Reports continue to say that he might just snag a trophy at the Academy Awards on Mar. 2.
"...I think everybody knows how grateful I am now with 6 nominations [for the film], everybody has a lot to be grateful for," Leto told Entertainment Weekly on a report in January. Dallas Buyers Club received six nominations in the Academy Awards.
On Jared Leto's Web site, which he called "Notes From The Outernet," it was reported that during the film festival Leto was attending in Santa Barbara, someone from the crowd spoke and accused the actor/musician of "trans-misogyny."
According to an article in wiki.susans, trans-misogyny is a term invented by author Julia Serano in the book "Serano, Julia" in 2007 that describes how traditional sexism are applied to transsexual women.
"Because I'm a man, I don't deserve to play that part? So you would hold a role against someone who happened to be gay or lesbian-they can't play a straight part?" Jared Leto has simply asked.
Leto, according to Notes From The Outernet has the ability to not blink when a flashbulb shrinks his retinas to pinpoints. The Web site goes all out to say that not blinking is not entirely an instinct, but likely mastered on stages throughout the globe as frontman to 30 Seconds to Mars.
The actor/musician does not blink, inviting the critic backstage where they continued their discussion in private.
"It was the role of a lifetime," Leto told ABC News after being nominated in January. "It was an incredible thing to represent this group of people who largely are ignored."
Jared Leto is expected to attend the Academy Awards on Mar. 2, 2014 with his mother Constance and brother Shannon.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Spoilers: Curly Hair Bachelorette’s Exit In Episode 16, Blake Talks About Laurina And Why He Rubbed His Eye
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2